Saalax

The Mickey Mouse project of Somaliland continues to unravel

Saalax   
2 hours ago, Mooge said:

Jeegaanta will rule Somaliland for 100 years. 

Somaliland is not Puntland (mainly settled by one sub clan) so that is impossible. It can

easily be destabilized as seen in 1991- 1997. All  the federal government needs  to do is

recognize a new mamuul for  Togdheer, Sanaag, Sool, eastern Hargeisa and Awdal (Wadaniland)

then watch the entire Mickey Mouse project unravel. 

One of Hadraawi's famous sayings was "Siyaasadu Aabe ma leh". It is got a very deep meaning in the context of Somali politics. 

I used to post the articles like the one below when I was a junior back in the days. Anyway, take it as a food for thought. It's posted on Hiiraan Online. I am sure if it was related to Somaliland, it would be a head line story on many websites including this. 

Beel ka mida beelaha Puntland oo sheegay inay ka baxeen maamulka

Isniin, Janaayo, 15, 2018 (HOL) –Jaaliyadda Beesha Tanade ee ku nool gobolka Minnesota ee dalka Mareykanka ayaa si weyn u taageertay go’aankii dhawaan kasoo baxay shirkii aayo ka tashiga ee beesha Tanade ee lagu qabtay magaalada Gaalkacyo ee xarunta gobolka Mudug. Beesha Tanade oo ah mid ka mid ah sadaxdii xisbi ee lagu dhisay Puntland kuwaas oo kala ahaa SSDF,SNDU & USP, ay si buuxda kal-soonidii kala noqotay maamulka Dowlad Goboleedka Puntland.

Saalax   

So you finally realize Somaliland is just like any other mamuul goboleed in Somalia. Nothing special

about it.

10 hours ago, Saalax said:

So you finally realize Somaliland is just like any other mamuul goboleed in Somalia. Nothing special

about it.

Don't put your own words into my mouth. 

With regards to Somaliland, its position is clear. However, there are always opportunists who will not tire from trying to destabilise Somaliland. These opportunists, some have been around as long as Somaliland and they never learned their lessons. In fact, these opportunists are at their weakest today with every avenue closed. They no longer any relevance including to those in the Diaspora that they used to get funds from. 

Like I said, those who are wishing doom & gloom will only be disappointed. Come 2020, I will still be here posting all the good things that Somaliland is achieving with or without Recognition. This caravan will move on.     

Saalax   
10 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Don't put your own words into my mouth. 

With regards to Somaliland, its position is clear. However, there are always opportunists who will not tire from trying to destabilise Somaliland. These opportunists, some have been around as long as Somaliland and they never learned their lessons. In fact, these opportunists are at their weakest today with every avenue closed. They no longer any relevance including to those in the Diaspora that they used to get funds from. 

Like I said, those who are wishing doom & gloom will only be disappointed. Come 2020, I will still be here posting all the good things that Somaliland is achieving with or without Recognition. This caravan will move on.     

Mickey Mouse land will never be recognized. It is a political failure of nearly 30 years and the project will be disbanded. 

1 minute ago, Saalax said:

Somaliland will never be recognized. It is a political failure and the project will be disbanded. 

If that floats your boat... 

Somalis are hilarious, Tanade left and these guys [below] came back and Grxjs suldaans think dowlada heegaanta are losing it. My advice, 30 yrs of war is enough. I assure you when dust settles, the only losers will be the Somali public.

12 hours ago, Saalax said:

about it.

Saalax,

Not that I support Somalilands separation/independence, but If you are having a tib tab with Suldaanka please disregard my comment, otherwise:

1. Eritrea fought continously non stop for 30 years and Ethiopia was the first country that recognized it.

2. South Sudan fought on OFF since 1958 and Sudan was first country that recognized it.

After 300 years of union and playing a big role in the British Empire, Scotland wants to separate

In Eritrea's case all it took was for the Afar-Tigray to say enough killing brothern and going backwards, famine, destruction. The Somali in Ethiopia also was one of those that said enough of war.

In Sudan all it took was the northern peoples including Al-Beshir's ethnic to say enough is enough we are becoming victims of Egypt and America.

Come to think about it, It might take just Puntland (who singlehandedly without anyones help staved off Shabab, ICU..etc and all incarnations starting with the likes of Ali-Jama internal) and some other region that is tired of Mogadishu.

At least except few skirmishes here and there Somaliland's situation is not affecting the rest of the country.

No matter how you feel about it, Puntland is the key. SFG should invest as well as spend a lot in Puntland.

Mourad1   

It has been 27 years since Somaliland has declared independence. The number of countries that have recognized the legitimacy of Somaliland's claim remains zero to this day. Why would any Federal government in Mogadishu now or in the future deviate from this very successful policy?

It is the new administration in Hargeysa that must reinvent itself to achieve its goal of international recognition. New policies toward achieving this goal will undoubtedly have unaccounted effects and side-effects. Therefore anything is possible if the status quo is not maintained. It could result in a new state similar to South-Sudan, Taiwan or dismantlement of the Tamil Tigers. 

Unravelling is definitely possible. 

galbeedi   

Despite what the Jeegaan is claiming Somaliland is very venerable and this time I do believe that Muuse Biixi might not even finish his term. They are throwing a lot of money in  to the Sool region and want to use an  unnecessary war to boost his standing but the opposition is bigger than the Jeegaan itself this time. I am not talking about the political parties but the people and regions who want to bring down Muuse and the Jeegaan.

When the Somali people were suffering through war and famine, and the prospect of Somali state was slim, they could not get the so called recognition. Now that the Somali state  is rising,  the tide will turn  not only against  the ideology but "The Jeegaan" clique.

Soomaali markay bisada ahaydba haddii ay wax noqon waayeen, imika oo  Soomaalidu sidii libaaxa xanuun ka soo kacay oo soo fadhido, uma malaynayo in ay meel tagayaan. 

I expect a Tamil style end.

Things will remain BAU for long time, Federal government must sort out current Federal members first, and has to grow alot more teeth before any major impact on SL. There is a new plan by Farmaajo and Puntland agreed, Sool and Sanaag as new federal member, if that takes off, SL fate is in danger big time.

As for SL, last mob really  savaged and raped the place, and were mafia, if this admin follows the path of Silaanyo admin, within a year or two ,it will implode.

Barwaaqo   
15 minutes ago, cadnaan1 said:

What's with this new word jeegaan maxay tahay micneheeda.

Macnaha qaamuuska Somali/English qorayaa waa sidaa:

jeegaan   rainbow🌈 

• Like 1

Saalax   

Galbeedi is right. The seeds of mistrust has already been planted in millions specially the youth.

Somaliland youth say we will not defend Mickey Mouse land aka Jeegaanland.