Che -Guevara

Price of Land in Garowe

Mooge   

Land is very expensive in garowe niyoow. I was there few months ago and the city is booming with more buyers than sellers. there are people just taking land everywhere and saying it belongs to them. all the way to badiye and the country side people are hording up niyoow. 

for a big house with comfortable space, you are looking at 40,000 dollars just for the land. forget about getting a good deal in the center of the city. i know a friend who sold his place in central growe for 700,000 dollars and the house wasn't even big niyoow. it was ok, but the good thing was that it was on on one of the main roads so it was good business area. 

Tallaabo   
13 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Does anyone recently bought an empty lot in Garowe? What's is the price?

Mooge, jump in. When was the last time you visit there?

Ah, a suspect for a long time but now I know the clan tag. By the way, in the absence of industry, Somalis are creating hyperinflation in the property market. But when we finally develop productive industries, the land prices will crash as other venues for investment would be open for the savers.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mooge said:

for a big house with comfortable space, you are looking at 40,000 dollars just for the land. forget about getting a good deal in the center of the city. i know a friend who sold his place in central growe for 700,000 dollars and the house wasn't even big niyoow. it was ok, but the good thing was that it was on on one of the main roads so it was good business area. 

That is for sure a bubble. 

Mooge, I am looking in the suburbs away from city center. Who  manages land sales? The last thing I want is run into Xamar like situation.

How far is the nearest village to Garowe?

Tallaabo, I am assuming you are talking about me. I never hid who I am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:

By the way, in the absence of industry, Somalis are creating hyperinflation in the property market.

Same shidh happening in Kenya. Only industry is real estate and land speculation.

There is a population boom and every inch has been squatted on. Can't be sustainable in the long run.

• Like 1

Mourad1   

Historically the real estate industry is one of the truly highly developed industries throughout Somalia's history. Even when the Italians were running Mogadishu there was a large market for real estate since ownership of a residential property gave the owner rights to settle within the city. So Somalis are experts in this area so it is better to pay a premium and let the pros handle it. Why all the headache?

• Like 2

Mooge   
On 12/5/2017 at 2:26 PM, anoo kale said:

IMPOSSIBLE!

that is a piece of change for some of the rich guys there niyoow. walahi you'd be surprised how much some of the families in garowe have.  they are multi-millionares. i know two families worth 5 million dollars each. they are my closest relatives and they are not close to being the top 10.  

• Like 1

Not sure why the land is overpriced, mainly to do with services availble  in limited area.

As for the  cost of the building,  tiles, roofs, pipes, Wcs,  steel, cement, glasses, almost everything  except sand, or rocks, are imported, and that is why it is expensive to build, once those materials become local, then it will be cheaper

• Like 1

galbeedi   

Land sales and speculation is the only trade that is left in every peaceful region of Somalia. Cities like Garoowe,  Boorama and Burco where people congregate for one single market (Suuq) for trades and exchanges,  those spaces that are close to the market are expensive.  The should create a "suuq" for every neighbourhood like i Hargeisa.

In Somaliland the mayors got nothing but to sell public lands, parks school yards or open spaces where people use parking or other issues .Everyone is in the game including the ministers.  fact it was Ahmed Siilaanyo who gave the national theater to a local businessman.

Che, get some of your friends and start your own village or town 20 minute outside Garoowe.  WAxaa laga yaabaa dhulkaa banaan in reer hebel yidhaahdaan angaa leh. A friend told me that from Mogadishu to Hargeisa every open public land is claimed by someone, if not the tribe that lives in the area will demand money or else..

You can start with a nice town where streets are wide and the land is zoned with retail, residential and public places like parks , hospitals and schools. Try to recruit some friends if you decided to relocate. 

• Like 2

galbeedi   

Maakhiri,

Everyone is trying to be close to downtown, and if you got a good wide space, they could use for hotel , Bank or other Hawala businesses. They assume that people will not be able to reach your business if you are out of the main square, but if they organize local busses or cheap transport people will come other markets. 

Booram waxaan ku arkay magaaladii oo magaalo kale laga dhex dhisay oo la buuxiyey dhulkii banaana ee lagu nasan jiray iyo staanadii baabuurtu joogsan jireen. WAxaan is idhi waar dadku maxay iskugu wada dhawaanayaan.

It is a bad culture that could be changed by new urban planners,

• Like 1

Che, if you want to buy a land in Garowe go for the outer part of the town. 10Km outside of the city(to the south towards Galkacyo) and try not to buy a land close to the main road. One KM off the road and you will get it for a peanut price. Be there in person though so you can see what you're buying and also to get the proper papers.

The lots in the city is so overpriced for a town it's size not sure where these people buying the land got the money from.