Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Terrorism shouldn't lower our spirit.

Ilahaahay ha u naxariisto shacabka masaakiinta ah ee Lido Beach lagu gumaaday. Samir iyo iimaan Ilaahay haka siiyo qaraabadooda iyo dhammaan ummadda Soomaaliyeed.

The resilience of the Somali people is unmeasurable. Did you know that Jazeera Palace Hotels is open for business just months after being completely destroyed by an Alshabaab suicide truck bombing?

I am positive the Lido Beachview Restaurant will be rebuilt better than before, Insha Allah, and terrorism will be eradicated from our soil. The poison that doesn’t kill you leaves you stronger.

COWARDICE, TERROR, DEATH AND DESTRUCTION

_84499439_689e9c6a-1a17-4288-9cd7-e609b2

somalia_3387978b.jpg

Reopening Ceremony

RESILIENCE, DETERMINATION AND ROARING BACK BETTER THAN EVER

opening1.jpg

opening2.jpg

opening3.jpg

opening4.jpg

opening5.jpg

opening6.jpg

opening7.jpg

opening8.jpg

opening9.jpg

opening10.jpg

opening11.jpg

opening12.jpg

opening13.jpg

opening14.jpg

opening15.jpg

opening16.jpg

opening17.jpg

opening18.jpg

opening19.jpg

opening20.jpg

opening21.jpg

opening22.jpg

opening23.jpg

opening24.jpg

opening25.jpg

Illyria   

Libaax*,

Your note speaks to the perpetual tragedy of the city, and rightly so, and it will recover, but your notes death knell was the throw-in of the manufactured "terrorism" injection, as tainted by the neocons and now invokes sinister substance. i would rather it is called senseless killings of the innocent and the vulnerable. unbeknownst to you, you might have been influenced by pomposity of the far-right news cycle as you casually, if innocently borrow from their daily sound bites.

somalee   

I survived that Jazeera palace hotel attack on July 26th last year. Got out without a scratch, alxamdulillah. We were lucky it was only that one suicide bomber and there were no more terrorists to storm in like they always do.

Ninyohow this Al-shabaab thing really makes you lose faith in Somalis. You won't believe the number of Somalis that actually support those bastards. Waxaan aqrinayay comment uu ka bixiyay nin Facebook isticmaala xasuuqii Liido. Wuxuu soo qoray, "Waan ku faraxsanahay iney mujaahidiinta munkarka ka suuliyaan Liido." Bal waxaas ka waran. The other day there was overwhelming support for them when they attacked Ceel Cadde. Somalis are sick ninyohow. Wallahi wax baa ka si ah dadkan.

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I survived that Jazeera palace hotel attack on July 26th last year. Got out without a scratch, alxamdulillah. We were lucky it was only that one suicide bomber and there were no more terrorists to storm in like they always do.

Ninyohow this Al-shabaab thing really makes you lose faith in Somalis. You won't believe the number of Somalis that actually support those bastards. Waxaan aqrinayay comment uu ka bixiyay nin Facebook isticmaala xasuuqii Liido. Wuxuu soo qoray, "Waan ku faraxsanahay iney mujaahidiinta munkarka ka suuliyaan Liido." Bal waxaas ka waran. The other day there was overwhelming support for them when they attacked Ceel Cadde.
Somalis are sick ninyohow. Wallahi wax baa ka si ah dadkan

Qashin deleted. sorry asxaab.

<cite>

ninyahow, you survived a terror attack. that's awesome.

Illyria   

<cite>

Edited

Wow, self-hating knows no boundaries.

I think you are referring to your family ‘cos i do not recognise the descriptions you have given about Somalis.

Science tells us half breeds are always failures especially when the genetic distances between the parents are great, which is true for Somalis

Science, eh? so now you have flown to such heights to belie science in straight face. pray, do tell which science.

somalee   

<cite>

ninyahow, you survived a terror attack. that's awesome.

Indeed sxb. Ninkii na qarxiyay reer borame ayuu ahaa oo Germany ka yimid.

<cite>

Edited

Lol sxb dadku sidan ma ahayn waligood. Aaway dadkii gabyi jiray ee fahmada badnaa ee geesinimada lagu yaqiinay? It has nothing to do with genetics.

xabad   

^ Somaalee, there has been a physical degeneration especially the last 40 years but the original stock was compramised to start with.

Those detractors who say i am self hating can go kick rocks. People don't like self criticism iyo runta, when Muslims bomb everyone, you can't say shit, otherwise your a Muslim hater bla bla

Marka foolxumda dadka run ka sheegtid your a bantu, hello, you all have eyes, look around you do Somali strike as you as good looking people.

Illyria   

<cite>

People don't like self criticism iyo runta.

That is a classic case of cognitive dissonance. i challenge you to visit one of the poor, white neighbourhoods in the US or any other European countries and describe the features of the people you see in those neighbourhoods. Poverty, deprivation and impoverishment destroy the fabric of any society or community, but to recognise that one needs one's fully functioning faculties.

galbeedi   

Xabad, definitely yours is a self hate. You probably eat hamburgers and drink many cold drinks and other hot drinks every hour. What do you expect about a nation with no government and guidance. The huge umbrella of the state and the system covers and hides the misfits, criminals and other imaginable weakness of the people.

You want to know how deep the problems of any society is?. Just ride with a police cruiser at night shift both here in Canada and United States. You will be surprised how many dysfunction and degenerate people they deal with every night. The umbrella of the state helps the poor, the pensioner and other venerable people, while good governance, justice and economic growth is encouraged by the system.

Qaranimadu waxay qarisaa ceebaha umadda. Doqonka, faridka iyo geesigu waxay wada huwanayaan dalada balaadhan ee qaranka.

When I was leaving Italy to Canada in 1991--after being sponsored by agency--not one single Somali was refused to come to Canada. When we were going for interview, all of us men and women dressed like well to do people, Some of immigration employees at the embassy were astonished how these Somali refugees who are not only good looking, but seem to be adapted even in Italy. We looked like middle and upper class people who came from a nation. The only Somalis they see is these smiling, good looking and ambitious people. By the way out teeth was always white and straight while most of the host nations had yellow teeth. I remember riding a bus in Rome and one of Italians in the bus was asking the Somali girl sitting beside me how on earth she got those white beautiful teeth. Well we told them it was all narural. Miyaan sii wada .....

We were proud. I knew many who paid their way through a Canadian program that sponsored if you could provide about $75000 or more to cover your early settlement. . many worked in Italy and raised that money.

Food is scares, unemployment is 80%, and there was no hope in the horizon except the last few years. Over 50% of the children who were born in the last decade are malnourished. Rather than help, you are ashamed of them. Yours is not criticism it is self hate and loathing of your people and heritage.

Once I saw a picture of a Somali nomad women carrying water in her head while wearing the traditional Somali guntiino looking weak. One of my colleagues was not happy seeing these destitute nomad. He was probably expecting a cosmopolitan Somali man sitting in bar seeping coffee. Well, love it or hate it that is our people, malnourished , unemployed and hungry.

On one side, a ruthless know nothing Wahabi inspired cult are killing them, while tribal warlords, enclave dwellers and the so called government lives large.

The young Somalis that I see around me in the diaspora are tall, straight and well built, both boys and girls. If you pay little attention, the children of the middle class families in Camuud University Borama , Hargeisa, Garoowe and Liido beech seem to be health and good looking.

AS our moderator Libaax was saying the so called terror is making all helpless and weak, but as history has shown we are resilient and tough people who live a semi desert land for centuries. Water was always scares. Did you hear the great Ismaacil Mire poem about hardship and drought.

He says:

Guuguulayahaw haddaad, gugii u ooyayso,

haddaad moodday keligaa inuu gubayo jiilaalku,

Oo aad gamoorahakan maran gama’ la’aan diiday

Ayna gocosho awgeed ilmadu, kaaga gobo’laysay

Guumays cirroobaan ahaye war an ku gaarsiiyo

Gartaa maaha keligaa inaad, gaar u cabataaye

Giddigood addoomaha waxaa gaaray nabar weyne

Abaar gaag ma reebaa dhacdiyo, gaatamoo kale e

Geelii adduunka u adkaa, gobollo waydowye

Golihii ka kici waa raggi,i gaydho hayn jiraye,

Tuuladay ilgabadlaynayaan, gobol barbaartiiye

Ninkii timirta goob dhigi lahaa, jiingaduu geline

Ninna uma garaabeen haddaan, gaadhka laga hayne

Gammaankii ka maray dhoodi iyo galaxyadeediiye

Gumburigii bar baa joogsadiyo, goroyo cawshiiye

Saryankii garbaha weyn lahaa, geed ka kici waaye

Wuxuu gooni daaqii habsaday, gubaddadii Hawde

Garanuugti iyo deeradi,i gaag yar baa haraye

Gobay iyo askari geyfan baa, goodirkii jaraye

Guuyadiyo jiiskii hadday, kala gol waayeene

Kama guuxo aar goonlihi,i geliga toomoode

Shabeelkii gabraar lagu idlee, giiro layn jiraye

Oo gododka kama soo ciyaan, gabannadiisiiye

Hargihiisa nimankii gataa, guuldarraw sidaye

Gaadiidkii la dhaansanahayiyo, giindhaygii maraye

Ahmigii la gawrici jiriyo, gaabay adhigiiye

Goggii subagga laga buuxin jirey, hataan gorofaadye

Basaas bay timihii uga go’een, gaaridii dumare

Galowgiiiyo fiintii naf bay, giida la hayaane

Gorgorkiyo dhurwaagii laftaad, galayax mooddaaye.

Garaad Faaraxiyo Maxamuud Garaad, ma leh gammaankiiye

Cood kama gurxamo dooxadii, garada fiicnayde,

Garoowe iyo Bookh bay, harraad qaar u go’ayaane

Gaajiyo rafaad bay qabaan, garow la’aaneede

Ayaxii geyiga joogi jirey, guuto lagu saarye

Gubniyaa hareeraha ka maray, gaariyaal wada e,

Geedaha sun baa loogu daray, geerinaw badaye

Wax ma galabsanine maalin baa, loo guddoonsadaye

Adigaaba lagu gaadayaa, gooshkan dabadadeede

Guuxiyo cabaadkiyo haddaad, gooha damin waydo

Quruumahakan wada geyfan baa, baalka kaa guriye

Gaagaabso oo aamus yaan, gaadh lagaa qabane!!!

abadow wiilasha iyo gabdhaha af ingriiska ku hadla ee akhriyaya waxan aad qorayso ha niyad jebin.