Sign in to follow this  
bosmanoglu

Future Army of Somalia

Ok I don't want to be sound militaristic but I want to share these videos with you. Basically for 3 reasons:

1. In proper setup and format, education/training is easier and effective. Also, they look pretty professional.

2. These are from Turkish media, so possibly you didn't see them elsewhere

3. I hate when people criticize and humiliate newly formed army.

Turkiye started to build a military base for Somalia army. A new military textile factory's foundation is set by Defence Minister, also will be built by Turkiye.

Future looks bright if you ask me.

110 Somali Soldiers graduating after 11 months basic training and language training:

Somali noncommissioned officers on training... (watch starting from 26:10 minute of video) They receive training for 8+3 months it says on video

Somali Army cadet in Turkish Army Academy on training (at 00:27) Its a 4 year program Academy equivalent to a university degree

Thank you Turkey A Muslim is a brother to a Muslim

Somalia and Turkey need defense pact lifetime joint defense agreement , That would send strong message to the Terrorist and spoilers .

Somalia Needs military structure that is complete and under a single chain of command

2 .Building Military Training base in Somalia will improve security of Somalia significantly . The Military base will also improve the Capacity to Train large Army One time and quickly deploy them.

3. Great improvement when soldiers are trained in their Soil , Comfortable environment NO time wasting on adapting to new region etc .

Turkey and Somli Gov should go far on the agreement and add defence pack

Illyria   

Turkey must be thanked for doing what Somalis could not do for themselves, and others failed or dared not do. it has done more in Somalia in the last few years than the EU and US put together in 20 years and for that Turkey must be thanked and remembered. Only Arab countries have done more but Somalis do not acknowledge that.

On the army front, Somalia needs a proper "national" army but i do not think its current leaders have what it takes to build a "national" force. plus neighbouring countries have not forgotten the 70s and do not want to see a strong, united Somali national army which is deemed a threat to their own security.

What is in Xamar today could not be classified as a national force. i admire the current commander of the national army. he is a true soldier with the right military training but he has no army or junior officers to work with. however I envisage a national army arising from federal member states where each would create its own local army, and then start formulating a nationalisation programme of state forces under a federal command and control centre. this is where Turkey comes in by training junior officers and by instilling army discipline in young cadets who aspire to be army officers and generals. it is not as if Turkey is unfamiliar with that strategy. just check into its history and consider what successive rulers incl. Sultan Soleiman had done to not only conquer, but expand their reigns in Eastern Europe.

Holac   

In Somalia, the word "foreign aid" used to be synonymous with receiving Corn and cooking oil before the Turks arrived the country. The Turks exposed the West's NGO scam by focusing on true development and by helping the Somalis help themselves with training and real education. It is a different ball game now.

Erdogan is a true visionary and a genuine leader.

Bah! The gullibility of my Somali people never ceases to amaze me...? Turkey doesn't give a flying fart about Somali muslimhood nor about any ancient and historic links with Somalia. Turkey only cares about Turkey!

But don't get me wrong here: I have nothing against Turkey pursuing its national interest in Somalia, just as are the West, the Arabs, the Chinese and others are all doing, in one way or another. In fact, I know it was after the Turkish president's visit to Somalia that caused many other foreign countries to rethink their Somalia strategies so as to secure their influence and interests with the Somalis. Ergo, Turkish involvement is welcome any day because it provides competition to the other world powers who all want to influence Somalia on the cheap.

But it is upto us Somalis to play the game of international geopolitics much more adeptly, and come what may; play these world powers against one another so as to bring our national interests to the forefront of whatever they do.

P.S

Bosmanoglu: tell your higher-ups, that Turkish relations with Somalia will be just fine as long as you deal with all Somalis equally and not try to take advantage of their tribalistic shortcomings like some other world powers.?

<cite>
said:</cite>

P.S

Bosmanoglu: tell your higher-ups, that Turkish relations with Somalia will be just fine as long as you deal with all Somalis equally and not try to take advantage of their tribalistic shortcomings like some other world powers.?

:) I don't have any higher-ups... I am just a citizen... I will post a cool video now with a new post... check it out....

Mooge   

BismilahMongol, Turkey has done little to spread its development projects to other regions. As a matter of fact, Turkey has been acting like a mafia country in how it gives preferential treatment to the incompetent president of Mogadishu and his clan.

Since Turkey is doing all of this for its own interest, let me tell you that Turkey will not reach far in securing the energy foothold it needs to compete with the Chinese. Puntland holds the key to Somali politics, resources, geography and future. It is upto Erdogan to respect the real balance of Power in Somalia today (and historically too) and not be fooled by Mogadishu's Ethiopian led project of playing victims and threatening to support the terrorist if they don't get what they want. Invest wisely and invest fairly. Secure your future since Putin is plotting to bring Turkey down.

thats my 2 taanos.

<cite>
said:</cite>

BismilahMongol, Turkey has done little to spread its development projects to other regions. As a matter of fact, Turkey has been acting like a mafia country in how it gives preferential treatment to the incompetent president of Mogadishu and his clan.

Since Turkey is doing all of this for its own interest, let me tell you that Turkey will not reach far in securing the energy foothold it needs to compete with the Chinese. Puntland holds the key to Somali politics, resources, geography and future. It is upto Erdogan to respect the real balance of Power in Somalia today (and historically too) and not be fooled by Mogadishu's Ethiopian led project of playing victims and threatening to support the terrorist if they don't get what they want. Invest wisely and invest fairly. Secure your future since Putin is plotting to bring Turkey down.

thats my 2 taanos.

That is a shameful way of expressing yourself... I am not Mongol, I am Turkish. And if you so much fancy that hulo-Putin, or chinese-copy-cats thats your own problem. But clearly your attitude have no positive contribution to Somalia. And please don't bother about our future, We have been around for 2000 years and will be so that much more.

Mooge   

^ Bismilah, welcome to SOL. not everyone will clab the booty for Turkey niyoow. lol. I have been around for 5000 years my friend. I have my own interests and until I get what I want, Turkey will not get what it wants. that is the reality I want you to live with. it is written on stone niyoow. We are not pooor peasants you can take advantage of. we are capable people and like other dignified nations would like to invite investors. if you are not interested in that, you can say in Izmir and eat your olives.

sorry niyoow. Somalis are not all booty-clappers. you are talking to Mooge.

by the way, Turks are proud mongols. why did Erdogan visit the Uyghurs in China secretly? isn't Altay the birth place of the GoTurks? you have a history, a proud history. stop the neo-European bulshit my friend. respect your heritage. your ancestors terrorized the west and ruled that part of the world as proud mongols who mixed with locals.

well I will not assume the responsibility to educate you on world politics... clearly you lack even basics...

and dont think that by blubbering you will be seen right-dominant among people... it is clear that you are driven by petty tribal-chauvenism. Its a pity...

I don't know where you are but possibly you reside in a western country. And this teenage rage from your comfortable couch doesn't coincide with the reality on your home country. This immaturity doen't help people.

Let me remind you, people were dying in Somalia. there were no government to protect people from gangs... Now there is progress... why does it upset you that much?

in 2013 elshabab killed 70 students that were waiting for their schalarship application before Turkish consulate. Later they claimed these killings, and what they said was exacly what you were saying now. That Turkish was imperialistic, immoral invaders etc. If it was upto these kind of people and uptu people like you, same situation would be going on right now.

galbeedi   

Mooge, the Turks do not have any special ties to any Somali tribe. They have to deal with the government of the day and it's leader. They think reviving the national capital infrastructure and connecting Somalia to the wider world will bring investment. The Turks will eventually reach the whole country. The fragmentation of the country is not their fault.

The HAG are concentrating only in Mogadishu, but that city won't be only theirs when peace comes. In nineteen eighties, FAI ( Fondo Auto Italiano), gave Somalia almost 300 million dollars of aid, and as I remember , the balk of that aid went to Puntland to build the port, the road between Gaalkacayo and Boosaso and many other projects.

Even today, Through Somali government, millions of dollars of investment have reached Puntland , yet you guys complain more than others. Imagine Baidoa, Borama or Marka. If the whole thing is zero sum game for Puntlanders, the future could be bleak. I know you guys are playing politics on every thing, including the existence of the country. If Puntlanders do not change their attitude about the nation, they will be hated by other Somalis more than they do of the Mogadishu spoilers.

xabad   

Damuljadiid is the Somalia franchise of the Muslim brotherhood. The MB right now controls Turkey under Erdogan and Qatar, and before Morsi was overthrown Egypt.

The reason Turkey is going hard for Somalia right now is to reward their underling Qoslaye so that they can attract other Somali Maamul goboleedyo.

Puntland is sideleined because it has always been against using Islam for politics ever since Daahir Aweys and his Al-itixaad group tried to takeover PL and were defeated by colonel Abdullahi Yusuf.

Mooge   

Even today, Through Somali government, millions of dollars of investment have reached Puntland , yet you guys complain more than others. Imagine Baidoa, Borama or Marka. If the whole thing is zero sum game for Puntlanders, the future could be bleak. I know you guys are playing politics on every thing, including the existence of the country. If Puntlanders do not change their attitude about the nation, they will be hated by other Somalis more than they do of the Mogadishu spoilers.

Galbeedi, i have lot of respect for you niyoow. i can honestly say that Turkey has been hostile to Puntland and Puntlanders because of HAG petty politics. If a nation like Turkey can't think above tribal politics and and focus on what is good for its own interest and the interest of the poor Somalis, it is not in the major leagues.

as for projects that reached Bosaso and Garowe (airport construction), let me tell you how much hardwork it took to go to Italy and Kuwait to convince these nations to help us. Listen to former President Farole on how they got these projects secured. Listen to Faroole.

After Mogadishu HAG rejected to approve these free projects to build airport, Prime Minister Saacid from Gedo defiantly approved it and he eventually lost his job because of that. Galbeedi, we don't complain for no reason niyoow. we are nationalist somalis and love our country and our people, but today's corrupt Mogadishu HAG is not interested in letting other Somalis live.

even one of our own Puntlanders who plays for the other team (Damjadiid) was accused of being part of the gang that tried to stop one of the Airport projects because his boss ordered him to do so. he denied that he was involved in the scandal to sabotage the project.

http://galgalanews.com/articles/376/Waraysi-Documents-WHore-ee-Maaliyada-oo-Beeniyay-Warkii-Dr-Faroole-Waraysi-DHEGAYSO

Galbeedi niyoow, puntlanders are working hard to rebuild their state niyoow. we love other genuine somalis. it pains me to see HAG of Mogadishu being so petty and spiteful to stop even free projects that we secured for ourselves, let alone sharing the nation's resources with us.

HAG HAAAG some people never take the blame for their shortcoming

Investors are looking for Market - Population - resource - Capital

Punt land land has nothing to offer

markab.jpg

As security improves export will increase - Somali resources will reach all the way to Europe attracting bigger market and profit .

31.jpg

Huge project in Hiiraan

12107247_183645718637667_842064664020105

Somalia's minister for livestock has signed bilateral economic development agreements with Egypt's Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation Salah Helal.

I apologize to our Turkey Brother,Mooge whole of pl is waste barren land with a population of 400,000 People max,now if i am a foreigner,i will go directly where population is majority and investment can kickstart.this is the role model Turkey has taken and they are right,look at what they have done ,and we welcome.pl can prosper on its own but not only our expenses.horta,does any body know what pl contribute to the national Budget zero percent,all they do is beg money,money,money these guys never satisfied.enough is enough culusow knows this,we are bootyclapping for turkey and you cant do nothing about it.