Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

The evil coalition of the past and the President.

galbeedi   

It has been a few days, since a group of parliamentarians waged a campaign to unseat President Hassan Sheekh. It was difficult for the naked eye to sort out the motives and the identity of these group. After the storm subsided, a clear image of the " Xildhibaano" is emerging.

They could be divided in three main groups.

1- Warlords and The old enemies against the restoration of the state.

These are mostly warlords who have committed crimes against the Somali people for the last twenty years. We all thought they were all disappeared in this new beginning of the Somalia. Rather than been put to jail , sanction their movements, or quietly move on, they came back with vengence. President Shariif Ahmed and the supreme court chief allowed them to join among the " Xildhibaano" selected by the tribal elders, after the technical committee denied them and disqualified for past criminal activities. This is the price you we pay when those who should be in cell block becomes Parliamentary block.

Cumar Finish, Qanyare yaasha, C/qadir Cosoble, C/rashid Xiddig, Ahmed Madoobe, Saransoor, and others are among them. For these spoilers money is their main motivation. Also , since the emergence of the Damujaddiid, they may have lost some of their business activities due to the new NGO groups who dominate contacts and other government related businesses. These group are mostly HAg, with few others from the Sahal members. Among them are former (IC) Maxakamado, members who masquerade both as "Wadaado and Businessmen. The leading member of these Maxakamado is C/qaadir Cosoble, who after winning, 24 vote in the last presidential election, thought that after all everyone could be a president. Sahal members may say that the presence of the "HAG" among the dissenters, makes the campaign against Qoslaaye a pi-partisan agenda. The truth is these maneuvering among the Hag circle shows the deep underlying conflict among them. They are spoilers in chief. It also demonstrates that the idea that tribal loyalty exist among Mogadishu clans is not true. In fact most of the Somali Parliamentarians, may have been selected as a 4.5 tribal formula, but they are their own men with personal interests.

2- Old dogs and losers who never quit.

These are people who once held high offices in their capacities. Within that position , they learned few tricks and other methods to spoil or drail the journey of every government if they do not get their way. They are also the best vessel to carry the agenda of the foreign countries, especially , neighboring countries against Somalia. Also throughout the years, they stole enough money to carry their dirty tricks. These coalition is led Mr (Sakiin) Shariif Hassan Sheekh, Hassan Abshir Faarah and others. Mr. Shariif controls about three dozen members of the .5 group and D &m members. If you are interested in kicking somebody for a political price, stop your bus and pick the Shariif, because he has an abundance of "Xildhibaano". These group , also attracts the opportunist "Xildhibaan who intends to make some money on this ordeal.

3- The big guns and the neighbors.

This group is definitely the ones who are interested in the big chair. They have both the resources , infrastructure and the backing of the foreign powers. They probably are the ones pushing the campaign from behind. Their main goal is to weaken the President in order to prevent him for seeking second term. In my humble opinion , these group are not shooting to finish the term until 2016, they are eliminating the threat of Qoslaaye coming back for re election. Among them is Shariif Ahmed, C/raxmaan Faroole, Cali Geedi, C/weli of Puntland and C/raxman Baadiyow. The Somali people have seen this film before. They can't wait the next election.

The premature dismissal and the weakening of the Somali President and the prime Minister has been always the biggest obstacle to achieve some kind of continuity and sustained political change. It all started in Carta, after Prime Minister Galaydh was dismissed without just cause while traveling out of the country. We have seen what happen to Farmaajo, just after a year in office. No nation can formulate a sustained policy if you change the leadership if two years.

After Al-shabaab attached Villa Somalia, I was favoring a review of the presidents position at the end of the second years which is September, 2014. Now I changed my mind. After seeing the coalition that is gearing for the power through warlords, criminals, Maxakamado, and tired political operatives of the last century, I am on the side of the caution.

I believe a caution is the right thing for many reasons.

1- First It takes four to six months to organize, build the coalition and eventually defeat the President. It will be another six months before a new president , prime minister and cabinet are formulized. That is one full year wasted, then , what is left is one year.

2- In order to remove the head of the state certain thresholds must be met, among them, treason, crimes and other dangerous deeds that will hasten the collapse of the state.

3- It is not our antipathy or dislike of his policy alone that warrants his removal.

4- since the United Nations monitoring group report I have certain mistrust of the intentions of the group.

5- The policy and agenda of this President must take it's course. Then, we can totally judge his failures and achievements. Every Somali leader who becomes president have probably encountered huge interference from outside powers, which makes his task difficult.

6- Rather than put the focus on the total defeat of Al-shabaab, and gathering of intelligence, the President and the government may entirely concentrate to save itself from defeat, and stay in power. That means all the gains and territorial advances against Al-shabaab may take at the back seat.

7- We are in transition, Al-shabaab has been militarily defeated, the liberated zones must be consolidated, food and other relief must be sent to these communities. The building of the national army should be speeded. Sometimes, things should take it's course.

I say no to the constant shoveling of the deck. I say no to the coalition of the opportunists who have shown any principle to the betterment of the country. I will not accept , the weakening of the leader. Somalia needs consistency and continuity. The Somali people do not tolerate two more years of bickering, maneuvering and vote buying. Both the Parliament and the government must be replaced at end of their term in 2016.

the evil

When the time comes, a whole group of leaders, including the president will be judged for what has taken place for the last six years, so , let chips fall where the may, in due course.

Having said that, there could be some advantages for shaking the President a little bit, not removing him from the power, but Shaking ( In layara Gilgilo) him. This shake down means:

A) It may awaken his senese and work harder.

b) He may realize that no one is above the law, and he must follow the rules.

c) He will no longer drag his feet to prolong his mandate and prepare for another term. This shake down means no second term for him.

d) His reliance of foreign powers, like Uganda and others will not be a key to his Presidency.

e) Tribal loyalties and surrounding himself with his sub clan, doesn't guarantee support.

f) He must realize that Results on the ground like, security, peace and institution building is the ultimate judgement of his term not his connections.

Waar tolow colka jooja.

Holac   

Galbeedi, I disagree saxiib. These opportunists are the same ones who brought Culusoow to power. I am in support of his removal. He has done nothing in two years.

I too am against the impeachment of President Culosow.

Continuity is important. If Culusow has failed to lead then it should be because of his own incompetence instead of some naysayers in parliament, who lord knows are as useless as he is.

This parliament in Somalia cannot pass a single legislation to build the necessary institutions of governance that our country so desperately needs, yet they want to blame Culosow because the government does not work well-- what utter rubbish.

Culosow will stay!

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I too am against the impeachment of President Culosow.

Continuity is important. If Culusow has failed to lead then it should be because of his own incompetence instead of some naysayers in parliament, who lord knows are as useless as he is.

This parliament in Somalia cannot pass a single legislation to build the necessary institutions of governance that our country so desperately needs, yet they want to blame Culosow because the government does not work well-- what utter rubbish.

Culosow will stay!

I agree with you on this. The removal of Culusow will just result in another round of clan pickering and political behind the curtain deals. Such interference in the government will only waste precious time and is not in the interest of the people of Somalia.

Hopefully these developments motivate Culusow to clean up his own act and actually do the job he was selected to do. He's feeling the heat, and now he knows that his influential backers won't be able to assist him if things go down the drain.

But yes you're right. The other people jockeying for political power are no better than Culusow. So let this man finish out his term and inshaAllah Somalia is given another President in 2016 who actually knows what he's doing.

It's very unfortunate 4 years would be wasted on this character but it is what it is. Hopefully the Somali people start setting higher standards for their leaders.

galbeedi   

Holac, Saaxiib you are correct. These are his peers, and there is a big case for his removal. The issue is the process and what is at stake.

We already have head that people claiming the matter should be refereed to the constitutional court. That will drag on for months. There are no credible courts to take the case. Culusow already flew to Uganda to solicit their support.

In the meantime, the war against al-shabaab is going on. We don't need another distraction at this moment. It is unfortunate but we must accept the reality on the ground.

Soomaalida and their no plan B actions circa 1991.

Siyaad Barre ha laga tuuro, hala rido. What is the plan B? "What? What plan B?"

Cali Mahdi hala mucaarado. "What is the plan B?" "What the &%$#@ plan are you talking about?"

C/qaasin Salaad yaan la aqoonsan. "What is plan B?" "Balaan Bii'gana xuu ahaa?"

C/llaahi Yuusuf ha laga hortago. "What is the B?" "War adiga iyo balaankaaga Biigaba naga aamusa."

Shariif Axmed waa daciif aan waxba qaban karin, hala rido. "Plan B?" "Yaah...!"

Xasan Sheekh nin karti leh ma'aha, dalka ma maamuli karo. "Plan B?" "Adigaaba sheegeysid waxaas."

Don't even start with ra'iisul wasaariyaashii ee kala ahaa Galeyr, Xasan Abshir, Maxamed Cabdi Yuusuf, Geeddi, Nuur Cadde, Cumar C/rashiid, Farmaajo, C/weli, Shirdoon, C/weli...

Guddoomiyaashii baarlamaankana ha sheegin oo kala ahaa Deeroow, Mustaf Guudoow, Shariif Xasan, Madoobe, Shariif Xasan again, Jawaari...

Siyaad Barre maxaa lagu diiday? Kalitalisnimo. Xasan Sheekh maxaa lagu diidanyahay, kalitalisnimo la'aan iyo jiljilcisanaanta. C/llaahi Yuusuf maxaa lagu diidanaa? Macangagnimo iyo naxariis la'aan. Shariif Axmed maxaa loo diidanaa? Walaaltinimo iyo wadaadnimo.

War intee wax iska qabsan la'dahay.

Sida la wada arko qof shaqsi la badalo wax ay Soomaaliya u soo kordhineyso ma jirto, inay waqti dhumiso ma'ahee.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Soomaali wada waalan la yahay, wax fiyoow jirin. Kan aad maanta mucaarad ku tahay beri ogoow aduu kugu noqonaa mucaarad. Kaa shalay mucaarad ku ahayd ogoow maanta waa isla safantihiin oo mucaarad kan joogo ku tihiin. Dalkii saas ku burburay, dadkii saas ku baaba'een, caalamkiina saas ugu harnay. Eebboow.

Holac   

<cite>
said:</cite>

The "mooshin" people have been effectively neutralized.

President Culosow isn't going anywhere.

Too bad to hear. Either way, Culusoow is wounded.

cadnaan1   

Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud ayaa tan iyo markii loo doortay xilka madaxtinimda dhamaadkii sanadkii 2012 la soo baxay ad-adeyg hogaanimo, isagoo loo arkayay shaqsi bulshada in badan ku jiray, isla markaana aan dalka ka bixi, waxaana uu xog ogaal u ahaa baahida shacabka.

Madaxweynaha ayaa hadal uu horay u soo saaray oo ahaa in aan ruux tuhun ku jira ama dambiile ah la daba kici karin hadii ay ahaan lahaayeen Wasiir, Wasiir kuxigeen, wasiiru dowle, Xildhibaan, ganacsato iyo nabadoon inta dambigiisa laga cadeynayo ayaa go'aankaas noqday mid aan dhaqan gelin.

Arrintan oo ay bulshada u arkayeen go'aan wanaagsan oo Madaxweynuhu u qaaday dhinaca sharciga ayaa waxay ka daray oo daba dhalay noqotay, markii todobaadkii hore uu madaxweynaha uu cafis u fidiyay nin eedeysane ahaa oo xabsi daa'in lagu xukumay.

Madaxweynaha ayaa cadeeyay in xataa hadii uu awood Madaxweyne uu leeyahay aan la cafin doonin ruux Maxkamad xukuntay oo dambi galay, iyadoo fajaciso ay noqotay markii la arkay inuu cafis ku sii daayay Taliyihii hore ee Ciidamada Asluubta Cabdi Maxamed Ismaaciil.

Ninkan ayaa dhamaadkii sanadkii 2012 ka baxsaday dalka, markii lagu eedeeyay inuu xiriir la lahaa Al-Shabaab, isla markaana dalka ka galay qiyaano qaran, sidaas oo ay tahayna Maxkamada Ciidamada qalabka sida oo doon dooneysay ninkan waxay 8-dii bishii December ee sanadkii 2012 ku xukutay xabsi daa'in, isla markaana darajadii ciidanimo ee Jeneraal laga xayuubiyo.

Gudoomiyaha Maxkamada ciidamada qalabka sida Liibaan Cali Yarow oo xilligaas xukunka riday ayaa isagoo ka hadlayay eedeymaha loo soo jeediyay waxaa uu sheegay qiyaano qaran, inuu sii daayay rag maxbuus ahaa oo ka tirsana Al-Shabaab iyo inuu xiriir lahaaba, waxaana Hey'adaha Ammaanka wixii markaas ka dambeeyay ay guda galeen baadigoobka ninkaas sidii gacanta loogu so dhigi lahaa.

Bilooyin kadib ayaa Taliyihii hore ee Ciidamada Asluubta Cabdi Maxamed Ismaaciil oo dalka si qarsoodi ah u soo galay waxay ciidamada ammaanka ka qabteen xaafad ka tirsan degmada Wadajir, iyadoo loo gudbiyay xabsi.

Laakiin waxaa layaab aheyd markii la sii daayay in la arkay isagoo xiran darajadiisa iyo dareyskii ciidanka Asluubta, taasoo aan aheyn mid meel isla gasha ama sharciga waafaqsan ruux dambi qiyaano qaran lagu eedeeyay inuu dib uga mid noqdo ciidanka ama shaqo qaran uu qabto.

Ninkan ayaa durbaba ka soo muuqday warbaahinta, isagoo darajadii ciidanimada ee laga xayuubiyay xirnaa, waxaana uu sheegay in dadaal badan oo ay galeen dad badan oo uu ka mid yahay ugaaska beeshiisa lagu sii daayay, kadib cafis Madaxweyne.

Siyaasiga C/llaahi Sheekh Xasan ayaa ku eedeeyay Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya inuu sharciga iyo dastuurka ku xadgudbay, kadib markii uu sii daayay, nin dambiile ah, isagoo cadeeyay sababaha taas ka dambeysay inay aheyd in kursigiisa ku bad baadsado.

"Xildhibaanada beesha ninka xiran ee Taliyaha horay u ahaa ayaa u tagay Madaxweynaha oo ku yiri noo sii dey, mooshinka kaa qafiifineyna mar hadii dambiile xiran xabsi ku jira in kursigiisa oo qatar ku jira loo deynayo, cid kasta marka waxay Xasan kala gor gortameysa cida ka xiran, inlee sharci lama ilaalinaye"ayuu yiri C/llaahi Sheekh Xasan.

Xasan Dhuxulow oo ahaa Xildhibaan hore ayaa sheegay in Madaxweynaha uu jebiyay balan-qaadkiisa hore, isla markaana aanu awood u laheyn in ruux dambi qaran galay la sii daayo, taasna ay tahay mid nasiib daro ah.

C/llaahi Sheekh Xasan oo mar ka hadlayay dastuurka KMG ee dalka u degsan inuu dhigayo in Madaxweynaha awood u leeyahay inuu cafis u fidiyo qof dambi qaran galay ayuu xusay in qodob ka mid ah dastuurka uu dhigayo in Madaxweynuhu aanu sii deyn karin ruux dambi galay ama cafis u fidin karin.

"Qodobka 90aad ee dastuurka ee Xasan Sheekh Madaxweynaha ku yahay, wuxuu leeyahay Madaxweynaha ma sii deyn karo qof dambiile ah, kamana cafin karo dambi, laakiin wuxuu jebiyay tii afkiisa uu ka sheegay, waxaa u xiran hada Xasan dahir aweys oo aan ognahay in dowladiisa aanay soo qaban June-tii hore ayaa la xiray, teeda kale soo socota hal sano ayuu xiran yahay, maalin cadaalad lama horkeenin, kuwii cadaalad la horkeenay kursigiisa ku iibsanayaa, waa kaas waa sii deynayaa"ayuu si kulul u yiri C/llaahi Sheekh Xasan.

Si kastaba ha ahaatee tani ayaa noqoneysa mid ka mid ah tusaalaha loo qaadanayo in balan-qaadyada Madaxda ay sameeyaan inay kaliya afka ku egtahay oo aan loo fulin sidii loogu tala galay oo ficil ah.

Somali news leader

www.jowhar.com

jowharcom@hotmail.com

golfyare@gmail.com

master on May 17 2014

cadnaan1   

Doorashadii 2012 sheikh shariif wuxuu xabsiga kasii daayey ninkii dilay shaqaalihii hayada MSF si uu helo codka beesha uu ninkaasi ka dhashay

hasan sheikhna taa oo kale ayuu hada sameeyey

Hawdian   

^ reading all that , shows clearly that peace and justice is not something President Hassan of Moqadisho wants for his people letalone for the wider region. Hagaa kasi wadaa , faridoow .

Dr_Osman   

I must say I was quite impressed by galbeedi and his insights into the SFG fiasco, I always knew their were going to be some MPS who are there just to make a quick buck and join the motion but I totally neglected the fact of the business interests and the former warlords still having an influence on the town. It's kind of true, I remember once reading qanyare used to get 100k a month just from dayniile airport, where-as he gets a monthly salary that could be considered chump change as an MP.

I am quite certain that there are business interests in mogadishu who don't like to see that their losing alot of their businesses to foreigners and NGO. Infact I was reading the other day even IDP camps are business and a generous cut is given to the owner of the land by the UN. I personally don't think it is a wise decision to remove hassan sheikh as of yet but as you put it 'the shake up' might have a positive effect on him having better governance and relations with the various competiting interest groups. But it could also have a negative effect of 'I am not going to be relected next term so I might as well make as much as I can now before the lights are turned out'. I honestly think he would fall into that latter group of a mindset judging by his actions in the last two years.

Now what I do know very well is that GAAS looks like he might have intentions for a shot at 2016 election, Nicholas Kay mentioned in his briefing the other month saying that he would welcome GAAS if he has any federal ambitions, plus the time period that somalia is going through now needs someone who can achieve governance, establish capacity, institutions and not so much security because 'amisom' takes care of that. What ppl want to see is a leader with a proven track record that can develop it's capacity in security sector, governance side, service delivery so when amisom does pull out they can take over that vaccum. Gaas obviously being Harvard educated Professor with federal experience as a PM, finishing the roadmap(a key to recognition) and his non corrupt nature is probably most likely why many ppl will be betting on him for 2016 if he wishes to run, he pretty much tickes all the boxes required for Somalia at this time junction. I also possibly think farole also a good chance on that front since he is the key player on forming the constitution another huge deliverable and has proven track record from taking a state that was non functioning in 2009 to functioning in every sector within 5 years. Could he possibly be the man also? only bad thing about him is the corruption but are the international community and somalis willing to accept that corruption in return for all the other goodies that could come with a farole led SFG? huge changes would occur to government capacity building, parliament functioning, ministeries actually providing service delivery, security sector fully functioning.

It will be interesting how 2016 turns out but I doubt any leader will ever get the chance for a second term unless their absolutely nothing better to replace him. A replacing of a leader is done when ppl are either fed up of the previous leader incompetence or when someone could add more to the gains achieved. Thats basically the only criterias used for changing a leadership and hassan lost the first criteria 'competence' he is seen as incompetent and sending us backwards, just based on that if a election is held anyone but him would be elected regardless is something better will replace him or not. PPL just dont want to continue in his incompetence. But Hassan real killer is not that he just failed in the first criteria of competence but depending on the calibre of candidates running 2016, he might as fail there to with possible candidates with proven track records and govt exp like farole or gaas could be running adding to the fact where Somalia is today and what people are seeking from the govt which is 'govt capacity building, service delivery, security sector reform' those candidates already would've of ticked alot of those requirements, add to the fact of the incompetence on hassan sheikh, it's a no brainer it will be a miracle if he even declares his candidacy.

As for the spoilers they will always be around and thrive and survive when the 4 main blocs of somalia are in disagreement, they don't survive in other time period. For example do u honestly think if PL-SL-Mogadish-Baidoa sat down and agreed to something that HG,Gedo,Sool or any clan would stand a chance? they simply wouldn't they survive in the chaos and use it to benefit themselves making the war even more complex, when it could be easily resolved thru the 4 main blocs of Somalia.