Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

African cup of nations - Angola 2010

N.O.R.F   

Egyptians are clinical! The other African teams miss too many good chances and don't the composure. Egypt get 3 chances and score all three :rolleyes:

Cawaale   

As I walk out of the cafe shop where i was watching the game, I received a call from my old man. "Watch out for the cars" "Huh!? What do you mean?" Sorry your team lost son. :cool:

Nigeria waa wax aan determination lahayn, every time they play this will make sure they fail you. I think What they actually lack is the determination to win. The pharaohs on the other side were hungry to win, they wanted to do it as a team and they did it.

It's not always about the individual skills.

Oz   

The one thing i love about the African Cup of Nations is the atrocious goalkeeping, pure comedy gold, there is only three good African Goalkeepers and that is Kameni, Tony Sylva from Senegal and El Hadary from Egypt are ok but apart from that, the others are atrocious.

I saw Algeria have been walloped by Malawi, they better buck their acts up come the summer otherwise,England,USA and Slovenia will run up Cricket scores at the World Cup. :D

Really want to see Mali do well as i like Kanoute, Keita and M Diarra.

Algeria, Nigeria and Cameroon have all had poor defeats in their opening game. Ivory Coast had a surprising draw against the minnows of their group and South Africa never even qualified.

Not a great indictment so far, for the African teams looking to have a good World Cup.

Some weird dude. I have a problem. I can't help it, 4-0 up in the 78th minute offering 1.01 (1% profit for 12 minutes work, in non-betting talk). F***** bent africans cost me my place at uni. :D

Read on the comments from, Absolutely hilarious. :D

National pride and the need of the players wanting to make a name for themselves to attract the eyes of the watching European scouts.

It is getting interesting. Let us see if an unexpected can win it 2010.

Raamsade   

I can't believe a potential World Cup "dark horse" Ivory Coast is on the verge of elimination in the first round. If they don't win tomorrow against Ghana, they're out.

On second thought, that wouldn't be a bad outcome as we'd have Drogba and Kalou back earlier.

A lot of you guys jumped the gun early apparently African teams aren't allowed to start tournaments slow like their European counterparts. All the World Cup teams rebounded well and are through, although one can make the case in Algeria's case it was undeserved. The quarterfinals have a series of very interesting matchups....CIV-Algeria, Egypt-Cameroon, Zambia-Nigeria, and finally Angola-Ghana.

IMO I see the Zambians upsetting the Nigerians, and I'm rooting for yet another Algeria Egypt matchup in the semifinals just because of the fireworks and entertaining build-up it would produce.

Tuujiye   

Ivory Coast is out.. I can't believe it loool I don't think this team is good enough as people made them to be.. with defence, they will not stop Brazil and any other team....

Ghan looked good today and very strong..unlike Ivory Coast, they kept closing down the ball every time..very fast team....

I don't wanna see Algeria and Egyt again yaaqee..Camaroon must win!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Give the Algerians credit, people kept questioning their attacking potential and they answered that with a bang today. They completley dominated possession and certainly deserved the match. Yalla Masr :D:D !!! Words cant describe how priceless another Algerian win would be, I think the Egyptian nation would be on mass suicide watch if that would occur.

Abtigiis   

Only few months back some of the false football pundits in SOL, Tuujiye included, were about to declare Ivory Coast the best team in the World this year. Imagine this team has not proved itself in any competition. The reason many of SOL's forged football analysts thought Ivory Coast will shine is because they have players from Barcelona, Chelsea, Lille, and other big teams. The ailing brother Bob (may Allah give him quick recovery) went as far as making me believe a boy called Gervinho will be the next Maradona, and Brazil will have to lose sleep over him!

Last night, we all watched Drogba, Kalou and Gervinho in desperate need of cellphones to communicate to their defence and midfield as their team were cut into two by an impressive Algerian midfield led by Mourad Maghni (with the touch of Zidane) and Karim Ziani. Had Algeria been a bit sharper infront of the goal, we would have talked about a rugby score! We have watched the Ivorian defence accompanying Algerian attackers like best-men do in weddings upto their goal mouth.

Sure the Ivorian coach made several errors inculding sticking to 4-3-3 formation when it was clear the 3 strikers were not getting supply and were not coming back to assist the midfield. Inculindg substituting the lively Kalou and not the out of form Drogba. Inclduing keeping Bakary Kone on the bench just because he missed few chances in their opening game. But no one can take away from Algeria. They played like I know them play when they hit top form. Mixing long and short passes, and using the flanks to full advantage.

It is not surprising Tuujiye is shocked, or Norf is speechless. This site is full of latter-day football analysts, led by Ngonge and Fu-Fu, who have no idea that a collection of stars (I dispute that most Ivorians are stars for that matter) doesn't necessarily make a good team.

It is high time SOL revisits its Sports section and reform should start by removing Nune from the moderator position. There is no reason why a Jara-ka-boodo expert should moderate Sports. Nuune's football knowledge doesn't go beyond knowing that Arsenal wears red and Gerard plays for Liverpool. Unless someone thinks Duliye-Sare Nuune can can have a bird's eye view of games from the skies!

N.O.R.F   

I had a feeling they would disappoint just from watching their first game. They just miss too many chances with Kone the main culprit. The Arabs have proved how clinical they are. Didn't see last night's game as it was on at 12am!

Is there a chance of Egypt vs Algeria semi?