Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

African cup of nations - Angola 2010

Abtigiis   

The English always win the World Cup in March, April, May before the actual World Cups start. It is something we are all becoming used to. But, reality catchs up with them in June and July of every World Cup year.

England is crap waryaa. With no definitive goalie yet, with Rio and Terry at the back, and with only one good striker in Rooney. Gerard and Lampard are in the twilights of their career. I don't understand why you don't wake up to the reality when a team mulls whether to take Owen or Hesky to the World Cup. I think England will struggle to qualify from their group.

NGONGE   

^^ I am not an England fan dee. :D (that's Norf).

I actually don't care who wins it this time. No, I tell a lie. I want Maradona to win it.

Abtigiis   

That is better. I like Maradona. But he doesn't have a good team too. The real favourites are Brazil, Spain, and maybe Netherlands.

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Egypt were completely kept in their 18 box for most of the match against Cameroun. They looked very worried and were basically defending like an East African team -throwing the ball to all sides. I was surprised to see that. But as you said, that could be a one-off problem. And I am sure they will up their game when they play Algeria.

But Algeria has really impressed me. Although they tend to keep the ball moving for too long in their half, when they go forward, they do all things a great team should do. Plus, if you can watch Mourad Maghni (one touted as the new Zidane). He plays exactly like him, I mean all the moves, the xarago are like Zidane. They are still missing Sabri Lamouchia, and when they are in full strength, the overrated Albions are in for a game in WC 2010.

I think England will have second thoughts about declaring E-A-S-Y (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yankees) when they watch how Algeria dismantled Ivory Coast! I also watched how disciplined and tough Slovenia were against Russia and from what I see they must beat England.

Sabri Lamouchia???? :D You do realize Lamouchi is a) not Algerian b) 38 years old playing C level football in Qatar. You certainly have got him confused and I'm not exactly sure with who. This Algerian team is at full strength and likely will future the same lineup in the WC. I do agree with your analysis of them, however they are a very impressive team that is playing at it's highest form the perfect time.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by GoldCoast:

[QB Sabri Lamouchia????
:D
You do realize Lamouchi is a) not Algerian b) 38 years old playing C level football in Qatar. You certainly have got him confused and I'm not exactly sure with who. [/QB]

You are right! I am confusing the names not the individuals. I meant Khaleed Lamouchia, who is a tough-tackling midfielder. Sabri Lamouchi (not Lamouchia by the way) is former French International, whose parents are from Tunisia. Lamouchia played in the Khartoum game against Egypt. He was also one of the players injured when their bus was attacked in Cairo.

NGONGE   

^^ Maybe they'll lose to Ghana now. :D

Did you se how they got their revenge last night. Xaaax! :D

(If you come and complain about the ref, just remember that Egypt were in total control even before the sending offs).

What a game. What a game.

Masr Masr Taxya Masr.

Abtigiis   

They didn't win last night. Kofi Codja, the refree spolied what would have been a fantastic game. First yellow card for Halliche came from nowhere. Understandble if the ref was too nervous and wanted to calm the players down by issuing yellow cards. But he could have waived play on when Meteed was brought down. Halliche didn't get the ball but he didn't touch the man either. And what a disgrace how the penalty of allowed to count after Hosni stopped for an age and scored it.

Overall, it was expected that other red cards will follow once frustration sets in. Egypt would not have ended in 11 men if they were on the receiving end either. The ref tried to atone to his misdeeds by turning blind eye to a number of Algerian tackles but in the end the turning point was the penalty and the red card. Until then, Algeria looked like the more menacing team!

False, Egypt was not in control ya Ngonge. On the otherhand, they were in control in Khartoum too, but didn't win. That is a lame excuse.

Algeria has no reason to feel low. Their record against Egypt in AFCON was 4-0 before.

Egypt will comfortable win against Ghana. In a way, justice is done if Egypt lifts the cup for unprecedented third time. I am happy for them. they are my second team in Africa after Algeria. Since the days of Rabah Madjer.

NGONGE   

Rubbish. Algeria wanted to do exactly what they did in Sudan. Score a fluke and defend for their lives. But Egypt came at them from the start. Mohamadi was given free reign and was passing the winger and defender on his side with total ease (the Algerian player almost broke his leg with that crazy tackle). Egypt looked in total control BEFORE the penalty and the sending off.

On the sending off, even if the ref has not made the mistake with the early yellow card, he could have easily still sent the man off for being the last man there. Plus, it was a penalty taa hadal kuma jiro. The way the Egyptian took the penalty is also ok (there is no rule that says he can't).

The ref should have also sent the goalkeeper off straight after that penalty.

Lets hope FIFA look at the game and ban the Algerian team from taking part in the world cup. Now that will be the real icing on the cake. :D

p.s.

The ref was rubbish but the Algerians were more rubbish that he was.

N.O.R.F   

The penalty should have been re-taken.

Egypt for the Cup. I'm supporting them in the hope they don't win as being against isn't working :D

I don't see why Algeria would be banned from the world cup. Only in your dreams, "old man ndongo" LOL

Haaliche buried us. That's the problem with Algeria, they're an unstable team mentally. Something serious happens, like Haaliche giving up a penalty and getting a red, and all the dominos start to collapse.

BUKURR   

NOOOOO this is not happening, its a disgrace if Egypt takes the cup for the third time.

To NGONGE: Yel3an abul fara3na ya 3am, 2raftoona wallah.. Masr Masr yabni elladiine..

^And the Pharoahs have won it! Damn! I was hoping Ghana was going to stop them from dominating the damn tournament, but they were damn lucky this time!

To be honest, though, they were deserved winners. All the so called rivals have come to nothing.

And now, they get to keep the trophy!

Tuujiye   

It was good game.. I think Ghana was the better team but Egypt had all the luck in the world...

I think Ghana will be going far in the world cup this year..I love watching them....

Wareer Badanaa!!!