Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

African cup of nations - Angola 2010

Abtigiis   

If you didn't watch yesterday's match, you missed one of the greatest footabll games in the last couple of years. Just imagine the outragrous touches and silky passes of Zidane, and that was what Maghni was doing. Algeria completely outplayed Ivory coast. The Arabs didn't prove clinical. In fact, Algeria missed more than 10 open chances which were hard to miss. The scoreline should have read 10-3!

I think Algeria and Egypt is on the offing. And I will put my money on the Algerians once again. Their defence is very organised, midfield is fantastic, but the attack is their biggest problem. I think Egypt will beat Cameroun, and we will have another football war. On paper, Egypt are stronger and they look better on the field as well, but I have this feeling the Masri's are in for another shock, as they will be the tense ones who have to prove something!

Tuujiye   

I don't understand this African Cup? is it because the players are saving them selfs for the world cup? Camaroon lost to egypt because they just didn't care much 4real...

I hope Ghana doesn't upset the rest of Africa..we wanna see two black teams in the finals!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!!

Raamsade   

So, when will Drogba and Kalou return to Chelsea? Anyone know?

Are players required to stay with their national teams even if they're knocked out of the tournament?

Originally posted by Raamsade:

So, when will Drogba and Kalou return to Chelsea? Anyone know?

Are players required to stay with their national teams even if they're knocked out of the tournament?

No players usually return to their respective clubs shortly after elimination. I wouldn't be surprised to see Drogba playing in Chelsea's next fixture.

Tuujiye   

I think Zambia is the next up coming team from Africa.. I really liked watching them too bad they are out... what a finish between the goalies laakiin caadi ma aheen lool.......

Nigeria waa in ee naga qabtaan carabtaan yaaqee...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

I am worried about Tuujiye's football knowledge. Zambia has been one of the power houses of African football and at one point beat Italy 4-0 in a Friendly when Kalusha Bwalya was young. They are not upcoming. They have always been there. But if you mean on account of their game against Nigeria, I think you are still wrong. Nigeria is not a good team these days. So, I was shocked Zambia actually didn't beat them 3-0.

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

I am worried about Tuujiye's football knowledge. Zambia has been one of the power houses of African football and at one point beat Italy 4-0 in a Friendly when Kalusha Bwalya was young. They are not upcoming. They have always been there. But if you mean on account of their game against Nigeria, I think you are still wrong. Nigeria is not a good team these days. So, I was shocked Zambia actually didn't beat them 3-0.

Historically Zambia has been Nations Cup heavyweight but they've had a long decline since the heydays of the 90s. It's only been since they hired Frenchman Herv Michel that they have experienced a resurgence. I think they definetly should have won that match, this is one of the worst Nigerian squad's I have ever seen. I know most Nigerian's are frustrated that Amodu is likely to keep his job with the semifinal appearance despite how lacklustre their performance has been.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

If you didn't watch yesterday's match, you missed one of the greatest footabll games in the last couple of years. Just imagine the outragrous touches and silky passes of Zidane, and that was what Maghni was doing. Algeria completely outplayed Ivory coast. The Arabs didn't prove clinical. In fact, Algeria missed more than 10 open chances which were hard to miss. The scoreline should have read 10-3!

I think Algeria and Egypt is on the offing. And I will put my money on the Algerians once again. Their defence is very organised, midfield is fantastic, but the attack is their biggest problem. I think Egypt will beat Cameroun, and we will have another football war. On paper, Egypt are stronger and they look better on the field as well, but I have this feeling the Masri's are in for another shock, as they will be the tense ones who have to prove something!

I think the only difference here is the form of Ahmed Hassan. He's been playing great football in this cup and I reckon he'll give teh north Africans a run for their money. Egypt all the way.

Abtigiis   

Suddenly Ngonge 's tone has calmed down a bit, concering Algeria. He was saying they are crap all along. Algerians are technically gifted and are strong physically. If they follow Cameroun's tactics which is to crowd the midfield and not to allow Egypt to play their game, they will win. Admittedly, Egypt's defence is not as shallow as that of Ivory Coast.

I want Algeria to win, but it is not a big loss if Egypt wins as long as they go and win the cup as well.

NGONGE   

^^ I still think Algeria are not as good a team as Egypt, saaxib. It's all about who is on form on the day. Egypt look good (from what I hear - having hardly watched much of the games). :D

Abtigiis   

Egypt were completely kept in their 18 box for most of the match against Cameroun. They looked very worried and were basically defending like an East African team -throwing the ball to all sides. I was surprised to see that. But as you said, that could be a one-off problem. And I am sure they will up their game when they play Algeria.

But Algeria has really impressed me. Although they tend to keep the ball moving for too long in their half, when they go forward, they do all things a great team should do. Plus, if you can watch Mourad Maghni (one touted as the new Zidane). He plays exactly like him, I mean all the moves, the xarago are like Zidane. They are still missing Sabri Lamouchia, and when they are in full strength, the overrated Albions are in for a game in WC 2010.

I think England will have second thoughts about declaring E-A-S-Y (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yankees) when they watch how Algeria dismantled Ivory Coast! I also watched how disciplined and tough Slovenia were against Russia and from what I see they must beat England.

NGONGE   

^^ I'll be going to watch England's game against Egypt in March. :D

So you don't think the English can win the world cup?