Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

I think shiite Alevis are trying to destablize Turkey

of course every one knows turkey is having it good at the moment. that said people have concerns and the government should bend backwards sometimes for little inconsequential stuff like this. its good politics, what use is it being hard core like Erodgan. so amateurish wallahi from this ak people. they think they made turkey what its, the ground work was laid before the joker ever come to power

Guzel   

Mad_Mullah;957926 wrote:
The 3ilmanis are the elite, the ones that bleach their hair and wear blue contact lenses so that they can look European. But they are an minority with the majority being on Erdogan's side.

But the problem is the media is controlled by these secular movements. Turkey was about to become a super power if it continued in it's path but, Congrats US/Europe they took out another Islamic power. Who's next.

They are not a tiny minority to be described as elites, you will find secular Turks from middle and working classes. Some of them have voted for Erdogan but are finding him increasingly authoritarian.

I think some in this thread are confusing the secularists with Euro-butt kissers. While nearly all of the Euro-butt kissers are secularists, it would be naive to think they form the majority as the secular movement is still nationalist in nature.

^ True. The political scene is very complex but 3ilmanis I mean the Euro-butt kissers (that for some reason pretend to be anti-US when it benefits them like with Assad).

There are also many nationalists that are on the islamists side, attacking gay/kissing parades, burning Israeli flags etc.

Mooge   

In a victory for Erdogan, Turkey becomes IMF debt free.

export6.jpg

This week, Turkey made the final payment of its loan to the IMF and Prime Minister Erdoğan became the first Turkish Prime Minister to travel to the United States with no IMF debt to mention. The last time Turkey owed no debt to the IMF fund was in 1994 during the leadership of Prime Minister Tansu Çiller. Turkey has, in fact, evolved from a borrower into a lender, offering the IMF fund $5 billion in June of 2012 to assist with the European economic crisis. How did the AKP manage such an economic success when the world is being rocked by a global crisis? What is the architecture behind Turkey’s economic success?

he first IMF loan was taken out by the government of President Cemal Gürsel under a stand-by agreement in 1961. From 1961 until today, 19 stand-by agreements were made. Total principal debts of 56.5 billion US dollars were incurred. Turkey’s debts to the IMF reached a record level after 2001. When the AKP came to power, IMF delegations were visiting Turkey every month, and their investigations occupied much of the public agenda. The business world, markets, small traders, farmers, and everyday citizens all determined their positions on the basis of meetings with IMF delegations. All governments before the AKP were asked to make major concessions and promises of reform regarding domestic policy in order to borrow further from the IMF. Eight presidents and 38 governments witnessed the spiraling IMF debts over 52 years. Turkey was among the 3 countries making the highest number of agreements with the IMF.

A different chapter of this story began to unfold after the election of Prime Minister Erdoğan and the AKP. Turkey gradually privatized the entire state sector and worked to resolve problems of corruption within the newly privatized enterprises. Prime Minister Erdoğan introduced Turkey to a new economic model in which the newly created private sector would not be a burden on the state and the state would not over-regulate the private sector in return. Public infrastructure investments were made possible without burdening the Treasury, through the ‘build-manage-transfer’ privatization method, increasing productivity very significantly, while income distribution in the economy was adjusted. This model helped create an equality of opportunity among low-income groups in the Turkish economy. One of the best decisions that Prime Minister Erdoğan made was to reduce military spending as a percentage of GDP, despite the Middle East being a place of threat and conflict, and devote more government resources toward infrastructure, healthcare, and education. The AK Party also abolished the visa requirements with more than 70 countries and lifted passport requirements with two countries, measures that made a great contribution to the creation of a free market with these nations. Yes, these are important building blocks of the architecture. But we would be mistaken to forget the architects and their contribution.

some of you are hypocritical challenging demonstration and suggesting they defeat Erdo dude and the AK party through the ballot. the heavy handedness and the erosion of of Turkish Secularism did not come through the ballot either. Erdogan leads a secular nation wither he likes it or not. And the Idea that Turkey would be like Egypt is honestly absurd. If the Generals step in and throw Erdogan's government out in defense of the Turkish constitution, people would just elect another government as they have always done. This man has infiltrated every branch of government, for the people's sake, hope its not to late for the military to step in and bid this fool adieu

If you honestly believe of the all the institutions the military is the only body that can kick out Erdogan out, then Turkey is f*ed. The military has done horrible job of running this country when it supposedly steps in to protect 'secularism'. And constitution is not really a constitution if it's conveniently and easily overridden by unelected body.

I don't understand how Somalis can call Erdogan a fool, he's turning Turkey into a super power with a conscience something lacking in the rich Arab countries. It's a war on Islam.

969036_647868931889768_956548182_n.jpg

It says he's the one that brought back the Hijab to Turkey.

Che -Guevara;958235 wrote:
If you honestly believe of the all the institutions the military is the only body that can kick out Erdogan out, then Turkey is f*ed. The military has done horrible job of running this country when it supposedly steps in to protect 'secularism'. And constitution is not really a constitution if it's conveniently and easily overridden by unelected body.

I grant you, some of the actions of secularist in the past was ridiculous such as banning the hijabs. but I don't think protecting the foundational principles of the country is overriding the constitution. fierce belief in Democracy, freedom and secularism is what mode Turkey unlike all its wacky neighbors, it should be protected and restored when rural religious demagoguery by the likes of Erdogan threaten it.

NGONGE   

^^ What do you mean by "made Turkey what it is"? I thought all observers credit Erdogan for making Turkey what it is today (the good and the bad). Before that, Turkey was beholden to the boom and bust of army coups and financial problems.

NGONGE;958310 wrote:
^^ What do you mean by "made Turkey what it is"? I thought all observers credit Erdogan for making Turkey what it is today (the good and the bad). Before that, Turkey was beholden to the boom and bust of army coups and financial problems.

You're either joking or completely ignoring Kemalism.

He is crediting Erdogan with the recent financial and political stability and not disputing kemalism as i read him. anyways, that is what is so dangerous about this erdogan, under the anesthesia of prosperity he is perniciously destroying what made turkey what it is. remember this guy once said democracy is like a bus, once we reach our destination we get off.

there is no threat from the army as he retired or put in jail the old aristocratic generals and this Shiite , sunni stuff shows how interest outweighs religion.Only the poor like Somalia,afganistan fight ova who is close to God!

NGONGE   

Blackflash;958316 wrote:
You're either joking or completely ignoring Kemalism.

I've learned long ago that when I "joke" on a forum, I am obliged to attach one of these " :D " to the comment. So, no, not joking. If Naxar did not express himself in the right way, don't come to me with Kemalism, saaxib.

LOL, I think it was Hilary Clinton or more likely an African villager who so said that it takes a village to raise raise a child. Just the same, it takes a lot more then one man to usher in the kind economic acceleration that we have seen in Turkey the last few years. Be that as it may, I will concede that if you guys insist that he is responsible for the economic recovery of Turkey. Economically , he is accused of cronyism. Political stability, on the other hand is silly. The military used to step in if someone got out of line and went back to it barracks after an election. This man is responsible for both political and Social tension in that country. Politically he has destroyed all checks and balances in government. Socially, the gulf between Secular modern urbane Turks and more rural ones have never been wider. People feel stifled hence the charge of dictator. should all those grievances be set aside for economic prosperity supposedly brought by Erdogoan?