Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

I think shiite Alevis are trying to destablize Turkey

Mooge   

Alevis who say they are shiites are 15 to 25% of Turkish people. they are ethnic turks but are the most liberal and are against turkey to attack Syria. the sympathize with the shiites in lebanon, syria and Iran. some people say Kamal Attaturk was secret Alevi.

the main opposition party in Turkey is led by Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu who is Alevi

today Erdogan was defiant. he said "For every 100,000 protesters, I will bring out a million of my own"

turkey is a rising nation. i think these Alevis want to turn it into another chaotic country and foriegn investors will loose interest.

Istanbul-protest-016.jpg

These people will burn the country just to blame Erdogan. They want Turkey to go back to the country that was sucking up to be Europeans and banning the Hijab in schools.

Guzel   

Erdogan's divisiveness tone and heavy handed police response to a what was a peaceful response escalated the matter. It is better he abandons building a shopping mall in Gezi Park to show he is listening to the people.

Guzel   

It is no longer about the park but it will diffuse the situation if he compromises. The protest is growing and has become a protest against the AK Party, Erdogan didnt predict this and I am sure his tone will change soon.

This has F all to do with trees in the middle of Istanbul. This is much bigger, I won't be be surprised if the police commander turns out to be Alevi himself.

This feels planned.

God damn 3ilmanis, don't they get that it's a Muslim country. It's like thousands of Muslims going through the streets of London demanding Shariah law. It doesn't make sense!

Guzel   

Turkey is a secular country and the 3ilmanis are Turks, not foreigners imposing a foreign law. Protests happen in Taksim area almost every day about all types of issues, Erdogan managed to turn a small protest into anti government riot. I support him on most issues especially his stance on alcohol but he got this wrong.

These folks have been spared the economic crises of Europe, are no longer slaves to Brentwood institutions, have not had military coup, Turkey's influence expanding everyday, and the list goes on. Continue this and they will turn Turkey into Egypt. You can compete and defeat AK at the ballot box.

Maybe they need to be reminded how sh!tty Turkey was during crisis in 1991/2000 and humiliating experience of trying to join EU.

Mooge   

The Sunni awakening will continue in Turkey. Erdogan who is helping Somalia must stand firm against these barbarians.

All that for some trees? It's not even with how the police reacted, the police didn't kill anyone or torture anyone. They used tear gas and battons that's it.

It's a secular uprising.

Guzel;957894 wrote:
Turkey is a secular country and the 3ilmanis are Turks, not foreigners imposing a foreign law. Protests happen in Taksim area almost every day about all types of issues, Erdogan managed to turn a small protest into anti government riot. I support him on most issues especially his stance on alcohol but he got this wrong.

The 3ilmanis are the elite, the ones that bleach their hair and wear blue contact lenses so that they can look European. But they are an minority with the majority being on Erdogan's side.

But the problem is the media is controlled by these secular movements. Turkey was about to become a super power if it continued in it's path but, Congrats US/Europe they took out another Islamic power. Who's next.