Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

The real Reer Kismaayo

Haatu   

The Zack;948759 wrote:
"Faradheer" were there 300 years ago. "Faradheer" took Kismayu from the its original natives, Gala, Wardeey and Borana, some centuries ago. Markaa fiidiyow la duubay 70kii doesn't prove anything. Midda kale dee dad qaar kalluun dubidda dhaqan uma aha as Apophis said.

Exactly.

Carafaat   

Carafaat;948746 wrote:
Some say the demographics of the city/region has changed. But I think its more likely that the folks with the arms established military and thus political dominance. I think the same has happened in Moqadishu to certain extend.

:D

Baashi, Indeed the video is shot in Mogadishu. And MMA's point still stands, weather for Mogadishu, Kismayo, Berbera or Marka which are all are coastal cities with a history of a divers populations but are now politicly claimed by particular sub clans who established military dominance during the civil wars.

Jacpher   

^It ain't MMA who titled it. It's Keyd Media that titled this video - Somali fishermen - Kismayo, Somalia | 1978. What's the motive of such desperation by Keyd Media?

Yunis   

MMA is nothing but Pseudo Patriot, always disguising himself as fair-minded moderator who bans folks at will. No sensible person would take poorly faked Keyda qashin as a source to score a point.

Why go such length to knowingly distort an issue of a great importance and propagate a white lie?

Baashi, caadi iska dhig. I didn't distort nothing, Keyd Media did. Granted, I should have validated the source. Laakiin it doesn't diminish an iota the truth: The true native residents of these coastal cities and towns -- the Greater Banaadir region of Baraawe, Marko and Xamar, plus Kismaayo. Those in the clip were the native citizens of these cities and towns. Waala xasuuqay, waala barakiciye, hantidooda la boobay, ilaa haddana la boobayaa, including dhulkooda. Taas iskama indhatiraaye, if others knowingly do, iyagee jirtaa beentee isku sheegaan. Not me. And that is what is important, to me at least.

Baashi   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;949095 wrote:
Baashi, caadi iska dhig. I didn't distort nothing, Keyd Media did. Granted, I should have validated the source. Laakiin it doesn't diminish an iota the truth: The true native residents of these coastal cities and towns -- the Greater Banaadir region of Baraawe, Marko and Xamar, plus Kismaayo. Those in the clip were the native citizens of these cities and towns. Waala xasuuqay, waala barakiciye, hantidooda la boobay, ilaa haddana la boobayaa, including dhulkooda. Taas iskama indhatiraaye, if others knowingly do, iyagee jirtaa beentee isku sheegaan. Not me. And that is what is important, to me at least.

Right :)

Minorities had it bad; really bad. They put up with a lot of abuse. Murder, rape, kidnapping, theft, humiliation, looting and what have you -- you name it and they've seen it. It seemed impossible that anyone could endure such pain and heartache. All true!

Is this what this pointless post is all about? I thought you were trying to say that the folks with NFD, K-5, Gedo or PL ancestry who continue to butt heads over the control of the port there are aliens and this video was somehow the holly grail to finally show the SOL skeptics that these folks are aliens to the land and not the true natives!

Very well. Since this botched attempt backfired and didn't make sense why don't you try again and this time make a compelling case that might pass muster with the silent readers of the SOL. And this time think critically and don't let your bias get the better of you as was the case with this post when you formed an unsubstantiated opinion and used google to find something to bolster that opinion.

Maxaad ii keentay!