Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland President addresses Somaliland community in the United Kingdom

NGONGE   

Stoic,

As Mintid said, there will still be many twists and turns in the days, weeks and months to come and people will still try to make mountains from mole hills. Hang in there and don't fall for every baseless complaint, saaxib.

Stoic,

So was a clear statement made that 'we are not attending'?? I'm referring to exactly what you heard and saw on the clip. If so, then once again SL shows the beauty of democracy at work.

Ngonge,

For once, Siilaanyo's 'guddi' style seems to be paying dividends ;)

STOIC   

Ngonge, I got carried away on this one..didn't know I had some Qaaldaan rage...lets hope nothing changes, which I doubt it will...thought the president was gonna fall for immediate reward of the Brits. IMintiid, are you asking if the president said we are not attending? If my Somali is right (Xaaji can help here) Somaliland is not attending it...sorry typing from phone

NGONGE   

^^ I can't speak for Siilaanyo or his greed (if any), saaxib. I simply comment on what makes sense to me. Changing his mind and agreeing to attend the conference when he knows that most of his population would disagree with such a decision is political suicide. Now Siilaanyo may have some shortcomings but suicide is not one of them.

NGONGE;940119 wrote:
^^ I can't speak for Siilaanyo or his greed (if any), saaxib. I simply comment on what makes sense to me. Changing his mind and agreeing to attend the conference when he knows that most of his population would disagree with such a decision is political suicide. Now Siilaanyo may have some shortcomings but suicide is not one of them.

I couldn't agree more....

As I expressed 7 months ago:

Mintid Farayar;873507 wrote:
Whether this change in attitude in Villa Somalia is implemented in practice remains to be seen. However, one must keep in perspective the actualities on the ground in analyzing the potential outcomes of the Somaliland/Somalia talks. To measure the fortitude and negotiating power of each side, one must look at what's at stake. Politicians, universally, are primarily concerned with keeping 'the seat'/incumbency. Would a Somaliland administration that nullified Somaliland's sovereignty realistically stay in power in Hargeisa? Would a TFG administration that dissolved the territorial unity of the old Somali Republic survive in Mogadishu? Both would be unpleasant for either administration and would face resistance from regions each administration nominally represents. But which would be the more impossible for the respective administration to survive given its seat of power (in either Hargeisa or Mogadishu)? The answer to that question provides a quick glimpse into the future of these talks...

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/67720-The-Somaliland-Somalia-Talks-Myths-vs-Reality

More development and money for Mogadishu admin....

Somali land admin is confused ...... They stressed the need to get their share in aid in Turkey. In the other hand they refused to come to the Donors conference.

Win win Situation For the SFG

Oodweyne,

Not to rub salt in old wounds, but our Taleexi, in the post I referenced above, made this prediction concerning which constituencies SL would represent...

Taleexi;874194 wrote:
Finally, let us be realistic in here. Most Somalis foes or friend alike welcome the talks between "SL" and Somalia.
But remember "SL" will be forced to represent only the SNM-clan, no more, and no less
therefore you don't have to entertain the idea that all communities in the north are in unison insofar their political association is concerned.

However, I only saw Siilaanyo representing one side and Hassan Sheikh representing the other of the former Somali Republic at the Turkey meeting. Needless to say, this turned out to be another errant prediction made by the anti-SL brigade based upon 'what one wishes for' rather than the reality at hand...

OOdweyn Somaliland is being Isolated big time both politically and Aid ... A strong Somali is emerging ..... This is biggest donor conference for Somalia . Superpowers will attend this meeting and who ever has interest in East Africa . No one to represent Somaliland that's smart move.

I still think those of you in London should make your voices heard. We need to make this loud and clear that the Somaliland population will not endorse their government to attend this meeting. People back home should also make their feelings heard. Prevention is better than dealing with things after the fact. It is better to err on the safe side than to worry about besmirching the good reputation of our President.

Our moment to test what we're made of has come. To be on the opposite side of the international community is nothing new. though. Whether it was declining Kaddafi’s money during the SNM or the daring move of taking the move to mobilize in 1988 we’ve always come out on the right side. In our brief history every administration of Somaliland was tested by either the UN or a Super Power. President Abdirahman Tur (Allah Yarhama) denied UNISOM/US a base in Berbera in 1992. Similarly President Egal (Allah Yarhama) had on more than one occasion made the UN staff persona non grata. President Riyale too was tested and stood firm to say no the conference on piracy by Donald Payne.

We mustn’t kid ourselves though; Cameron will take it personal just like Donald Payne took it personal. I even remember Donald Payne making threats to isolate Somaliland. As Allah would decree, he passed away before he could make good on those threats. I’m sure our friends XiinFiniin etc are hoping for such an outcome where the British take such similar threats as Payne, but we’ve been through this before. We know the risks and as long as we remain democratic and the government heeds the wishes of the people we are ready for any eventuality. You can’t put a price tag on your independence. :D It is very important we stand our ground and continue to say no. Saying no, so far got Cameron to meet Silanyo. Saying no sometimes is just the right thing. Maybe the British government will consult with Somaliland next time before they make plans about East Africa.The world is taking notice. :D

FCO Videos Covertly Reinforce Boycott of the 7th May London Conference on Somalia

Somalilandsun- The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office-FCO have published a number of films in the run up to the Somalia Conference showing the aims and objectives of the conference and their hopes for the future of Somalia.

Watching the videos I failed to grasp as the FCO certainly wanted LANDERs to, the significance of the conference to Somaliland thus the FCO videos are in actual fact covert reinforces of the declared boycott by Somaliland.

Read the boycott article @ http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/world/2507

The FCO released Videos touch on various subjects entirely related to Somalia i.e. Women in Somalia , International support for maritime security , The Somalia Conference and opportunities for economic development , London Somali diaspora on Somalia's future, Meeting with London Somali community, Somali Minister on the upcoming Somalia Conference and President of Somalia discusses the upcoming Somalia Conference

To garner support for boycott of the 7th May 2013 London conference on Somalia Watch the videos http://www.medeshivalley.com/2013/04/videos-from-uk-and-somalia-in-lead-up.html

Madaxweynaha Somaliland oo ku celiyay inaanay Somaliland ka qayb galayn Shirka Ingiriiska ee uu David Cameron ku martiqaaday

Waxa uu daadifaynta shirkaas u cuskaday go’aamadii ka soo baxay wada hadaladii Londan, Turkiga iyo Dubai ee Somaliya iyo Somaliland yeesheen

London(Waaheen) Madaxweynaha Somaliland Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud Siilaanyo ayaa ku adkaystay mawqifkii uu ka taagnaa shirka London waxaanu xalay qudbad uu go’aankiisa ku ayidayo ka jeediyay xaflad Qurba joogta Reer Somaliland ee Ingiriisku u sameeyeen.

Madaxweyne Siilaanyo ayaa qaadacaada shirka Ingiriiska u adeegsaday qodobadii ka soo baxay wada hadaladii Somaliland iyo Somaliya ku yeesheen Dalalka Ingiriiska, Turkiga iyo Abu-dabai kuwaas oo ay ku cadaayeen in Somaliland iyo Somaliya si siman u wada hadlaan beesha Caalamkuna ku dhex dhexaadiso, waxaanu isagoo qoddobadaas xusaya u cadeeyay Jaaliyadda Somaliland inaanu shirka Londan ku qabsoomaya aanay ka qayb gali doonin Somaliland.

Hadalka Madaxweyne Siilaanyo ayaa ku soo hagaagaya laba maalmood kadib kulankii ay wada yeesheen Raysal wasaaraha Dalka Ingiriiska David Cameron kaasoo uu Madaxweynaha Somaliland kaga dalbaday in uu si uun Somaliland uga soo qayb gasho shirkaasi sida uu sheegay wasiirka Madaxtooyadda Somaliland.

Jawaabta uu Madaxweyne Siilaanyo codsigaasi ka bixiyay waxa uu wasiirka Madaxtooyaddu ku sheegay in uu ka biyo diiday isla markaana uu Madaxweyne Siilaanyo u sheegay in uu ka soo fikirayo isla markaana uu talo kula noqonayo Hay’adaha qaranka ee go’aanku ka dhaxeeyo.

Sida ay ilo wareedyo Madaxtooyadda ka ag dhawi Waaheen u sheegeen Madaxweyne Siilaanyo la tashiyo uu kala sameeyay Guddoomiyayaasha Xisbiyada iyo Qurba joogta Somaliland kadib soo jeedinta Raysal wasaaraha Ingiriiska waxay go’aansadeen in Madaxweyne Siilaanyo ku hogaamiyo go’aankoodii hore ee ay ku qaadaceen shirkaasi oo ay u arkeen mid aan Somaliland meeli uga banaanayn.

Madaxweyne Siilaanyo sida lagu wado waxa uu isla manta uu duuli doona Dalka Maraykanka halkaas oo la filayo inuu kula kulmi doono madaxda Dalkaasi oo la filayo waxyaabaha ay ka wada hadli doonaan inay ka mid noqon doonto Arrinta Raysal Wasaaraha Ingiriisku kala hadlay lafteeda.

Si kasta ha ahaatee Xukuumadda Somaliland iyo shacbigeeda ayaa meel adag ka taaqan qadiyadda Gooni-isu-taaga waxaanay Cod aqlabiyad ah ku meel mariyeen Xorriyadooda dhiiga badan ku daatay.