Sign in to follow this  
nuune

My first time of meeting President Siilaanyo

Juxa   

Why? he should set a great example showing restraint, xushmad and understanding no?

Just because he is madaxweyne does not mean he should treat the young man like qashin, embrass him in front of a full aircraft etc

I say he owed him raali galin.....i am shocked ninka qorey postkan did not demand the madax weyne inuu isku xishodo

Tallaabo   

Juxa;938271 wrote:
madax weynaha sow lama barin in public he must speak to others with respect, however wrong/inappropriate/rude they are

walee isagaan baratakoolka la barin

You are right Juxa. Somali presidents think they are kings and expect to be treated as such. Waa in runta loo sheegaa raggan is macnaynaya:)

Tallaabo   

nuune;938268 wrote:
I will be writing it caawa sxb, imika waxaan soo booqan madashii aan kula kulmeyJaceylkeygi(waa gabadhii jinka aheyd een 2010kii iska baraney Hodhel Conrad hortiisa in Istanbul ee ila baxsatey).

Nuune I am beginning to think you were a mole working for Qoslaaye. How much intelligence did you pass on to your president before the meeting took place?:eek:

Juxa;938274 wrote:
Why? he should set a great example showing restraint, xushmad and understanding no?

Just because he is madaxweyne does not mean he should treat the young man like qashin, embrass him in front of a full aircraft etc

I say he owed him raali galin.....i am shocked ninka qorey postkan did not demand the madax weyne inuu isku xishodo

Waan kugu raacsanahay oo ka yarka ah wuu ka nixiyay, laakiin ayaa mar walba daba socota, waana laakiintaas midda aan u daayay qaar kaloo yaryar inay si kale u fasiraan hadalkaad soo qortay

raula   

Nuune adaaba ka daran :D ma intaad madaxweyn agfadhisatee baad ereyna uu quruun..wa ku sidee :D

Marwada rocks-her response naxariis baa ka muqataa unlike the president's.

Gist of this part of the story-First Class (oo hadana somali ah...) waa snobs yac!

nuune   

Part two here guys:

....... It was getting closer to 6am and we were on a final approach to Ataturk Istanbul Airport. The captain has switched on the seat belt sign on, the flight crew also made a final check on passengers to make sure they are seated straight, one flight crew approached president Siilaanyo requesting him to lean his seat forward, a final announecement by the captain for the flight crew to take up seats for landing was last heard from the intercom.

President Siilaanyo had being quite for the last 40 minutes of the flight, he could have being sleeping, his final moments of arriving Turkey is filled with great expectations and enthusiasm, he is looking forward to being served by the Turkish goverment for this great invitation received, today, president Siilaanyo is on a mission.

Flight TK 0677 touched down at Ataturk airport at Istanbul at 06:15, this was the best touchdown that one could have experienced, much to the delight of the president that a safe and smooth landing was achieved, I could hear the appreciation from sheikha indhoolaha sitting across saying "ma inagaaba dareenay in ay dayuuradu dhulka taabateyba, jug iyo jag unbaan maqalnaa kolkaan dayuuradaha kale raacno", hadal yaroo kooban ayuu Siilaanyo oogu jawaabey saaxiibkii "Alxamdulillaahi mar hadaanu nabad ku imaaney waabarigan saaka ah".

The aircraft was getting ready to attach itself to the jetway for disembarking, I was surprised to find out that this particular aircraft has found an available space to have itself a jetway, easier for the passengers to get into the airport easily, normally for a bussier airport like Istanbul Ataturk, it is difficult for aircrafts to find a jetway and normally stand at a distance to the airport whereby passengers are transported into bus then into the arrival/transit/transfer areas, the bus journey is not comfortable and crowded, I said, president Siilaanyo dartiis ayey dayuuradan u heshay booskaa bannaan ee jetwayga ah.

As soon as the jetway was attached to the aircraft, people started taking their suitcases from the panel above, and getting themselvies ready.

Priority is for the business class people to disembark from the aircraft, but for diplomats and other VIP people, they normally wait until all passengers left the aicraft, this is to give them more smoother transfer to the airport with no crowd chasing you and around.

This was not the case for president Siilaanyo and his associates, as soon as people started getting out of the aircraft, 5 men who had Somaliland Press(representing the Press from Somaliland) vests on them quickly came to the president, and requested that he and the team should leave the aircraft as soon as possible, president Siilaanyo listened carefully and replied "ma saasaa, hadaba ina soo wada dajiye kuwa inaga danbeeyana soo dhakhsada ku dheh", one of the 5 men shouted as he could not move back to tell the rest to come forward quickly, and said in a loud voice "madaxweynaha soo dhakhasada ayuu idin yiri aan ka wada horreeno dadka", but they were stuck and were waiting for the their turn to leave the aircraft.

President Siilaanyo, Marwada, ninka indhoolaha, the 5 men who rushed quickly to tell the president to leave the aircraft quickly, all disembarked the aircraft, and I wass just right behind them, only sheikha indhoolaha was behind me who had his stick for guidance but was giving him the signal to follow me as there was no one to help him out, so he followed me until we left the jetway into the seating area of the airport not that far from where we entered.

At this time of the morning, it is the busiest time of the airport, people who disembarked from hundreds of flights are moving from all sides and directions, Siilaanyo's men quickly spotted 3 empty seats, they moved the president there who was very tired, the marwada and the sheikha indhoolaha, there are hundreds of people also seated from all corners as well as people standing and waiting for their associates and relatives to appear in order to go to the Passport Control oppossite, others are for transit and transfer passengers lining up for the boarding pass to be checked in order to be allowed into the departure areas upstairs.

Siilaanyo and his team were uncomfortable, the president was not in a good mood, he was not expecting this to happen, he was quite for half an hour, sitting there, the marwada next to his seat, the journalists standing there not knowing what to do, the men who advised the president to leave the aircraft quickly were all quite and everyone of them was standing on their own looking and watching people moving from all directions.

At the time, I wasn't far away from the team, and was helping a Somali woman with her 2 children and pointing out to her how to get into the transit area, at one point, she asked me who are those Somali group standing there, some of them even had their BIG camcorder camera on their shoulders, I replied to her "Waa madaxweynaha Somaliland qofka halkaa fadhiyo, dadkana waa wafdigiisi oo suxufiyiin u badan", she then questioned me "oo muxuu halkan ka qabanayaa",

waxaan ku iri "waxaa laga yaabaa inuu shirkii Soomaalida la sheegayey u yimid laakin ma hubo", she continued, "oo seed ku garatey inuu madaxweynaha Somaliland yahey waan un maqli jirayee", at this point, I tried inaan hadalka u soo koobo even though I had lots of time and would be based in Istanbul but she did not as her flight is supposed to leave 40 minutes from now to Stockholm, wax ka hadal jeclaa abidkey maan arag,

waxaan ku iri "walaal waqtigii diyaaradaada waa dhawdahay waxaana ku sugayo saf aad u dheer oo security iyo check up marka carruurna waad wadataa ee soo bax aan ku caawiyo meel kaloo short-cut oo saf dheer laheyn ayaan ku geyni ood durbaba departureka sare ayaad tagi", intey qososhey ayey igu tiri "waan iska fahmey inaad reer Somaliland tahey".

Naxariistaa iga badatey, intaan dhahey soo bax walaal laba carruurna gacmaha qabsadey ayaan dhahey ina keen walaal, waan geeyay meesheedi oo meel leen qaboow oo jiiro aangalo oon dadka saas u fahansaneyn ayey ka gashey departureka sare after her boarding passes being checked, meel ay u socoto iyo ka socoto toona ma aysan aqoonin iney flightka ka tagtana dan iyo muraad toona kama aysan laheyn carruurtana jaqiiq iyo juqaaq ayey gurayeen kolba dhinacbey kadharbaaxeysay aamus waryaa!

Isla markiiba waan soo noqdey and came back to where Siilaanyo team were based just right after disembarking the aircraft to the neck of the jetway, I was astonished to find out that after 40 minutes, the president was sitting there not saying a word, the team or the so called advisers not moving a leg or timo, the marwada covered her face with her hands, because she was tired, president Siilaanyo was sitting straight and not looking around, none of the team even dared to provide the president with any water even though some vending machines were available across, I wasn't prepared to get involved in this.

I wasn't too far from them, and next to them was a transfer desk where people check up their boarding passes or new one's to be issued to them, one brave guy, not the SomalilandPress.com boy, but another one ayaa is celin waayey and said to 7 of the team who made a circle and were conversing each other, he told them "oo maxaad afka la taageysaan ma idinkoo sidan ah ayaa la idiin imaani ama cid idin qaabili", intey la yaabeen hadalkiisa ayaa 2 of them isa soo raacey and came to the transfer desk, they had to line up as about 20 passengers were ahead of them.

The Turkish staff are quick and waa dad shaqadooda ka baxo, within 10 minutes of them standing there, it was their turn, they have asked the transfer desk who they are, and what they are for, the staff there are busy and the lines are getting bigger, so they were not in the mood of helping out as their job is to double check boarding passes and issue them.

The men came back with no result, and joined their team for another circle of conversation being formed right in front of the president, Siilaanyo waa nin adag oo qabiid ah, manaxaankuu qabaa, waana beezaani mashiidiyaan ah, intaas wuu aamusanyahey, intaas wuu maqlaa waxa lagu hadlayo iyo teamkiisa oo sheekeesanayo, waxbuu damacsanyahey, seeftiisaa galka u suran, laakin ma ahan hada goortuu la soo bixi doono ee waa saa danbaad ogaani.

The time now has passed 07:15, and no result yet, as to where the Siilaanyo team are heading to, I knew from the back of my qadaad that an arrangement was made to the Siilaanyo team, but that moment has gone when the 5 men who advised the president to disembark the aircraft quickly, that was a bad decision, one that the guys waalay madaxweynaha ay ka shallaayi doonaan, madaxweynaha is a reserved man, and would sooner or later punish those guys, I can finally say, that madaxweynaha waa nin sabir badan, after seeing all this and sitting there on this metal chair, he never said one word, he knew something was wrong, something big.

I found a seat across where team Siilaanyo were sitting, not too close to them, in fact, none of them even noticed me, I was right in the middle of a group of people oo cumrada us ocda to Mecca with their white clothes, dhaxdaan uga jirey aniga iyo futashaarigeyga caddaanka ah, inaan Mecca u socdaaba la imoodayey iyagaana islaka baashaalayey, but I did not wanted to bother any of the Siilaanyo team and just wished this story to end so that I can finally say goodby to the president, I don't have much to offer to them, I could help out but the team snapping at me is something I wasn't ready to deal with, I knew if I made a suggestion of any kind, one or few of the Siilaanyo team would be shouting at me, qeylo, qaxar, buuq iyo rabsho diyaar uma aanan aheyn, gabadhii ilmaha wadatey een caawiyey ayaa iigu fiilneyd kistoo muran iyo qubqac dhankalalax.

nuune   

Part 3

............Time now is 07:30, and there is no sign of any hope, the crowd were getting bigger from all directions, and to the worst, team Siilaanyo picked up the wrong spot for the president to be seated, the Passport Control was the oppossite of us, there were some Somalis who just landed right now and passing by, two of them in their 50s recognised Siilaanyo sitting there and sometimes forcefully smiling, they quickly shouted waa madaxweyne Siilaanyo, the team Siilaanyo as their usual were chatting and standing all that time and not noticing anyone approacking the president, them 2 men approached the president and greeted, one of them even greeted the president 5 times wuu ku celceliyey, the other held madaxweynaha gacantiisa mana uusan ka fuqin cabbaar.

For me, seeing this from nearby distance, I wasn't feeling comfortable at all anoo dhar cad cad xidhan oo la imooda inaan dhawaan qabrigii Sukra ka soo baxey, I could see madaxweynaha oo daalan oo is celin la' oo iska fujin la' nimankan gacmahooda, marwadiina ay iska daalantahay tacbaan iyo nus, sheekhii indhoolaha ahaana asaaba tiisa la yaaban but wardiguu hayey iyo faataxada from what I observed him reading, nimankii yaryaraa ee suxufiyiinta isku sheegayeyna ay halkan af laba daan taagayaan iyagood moodo iney dhuuqayaan icecream, iskana fiirfiirsanayaan airportka iyo diyaaradaha soo dagaya iyo dhismaha quruxda badan ee Istanbul from distance.

Labadii nin hada wali madaxweynaha ayey sheeka la galeen laakin gacmihiisa wey sii daayeen, sheeka iyo shul iyo shal toona diyaar uma uu ahan madaxweynaha, daal iyo daruuf baa ka muuqata, hadal iyo hurguf ma uu doonayo, kolba wuu iska dhoola cadeeyaa asoo isku qasbaya.

Markaan is celin waayey ayaan anoo is ogeyn labadii nin dusha uga soo dhacey dhaxdooda oo madaxweynaha hortaagnaa, labadii nin baan durba ku dhahey si aan meesha uga ceyriyo iga leexda aan madaxweynaha salaamee, laba odayaal ayey ahaayeen oo fajiistayaal ah, midbaase half-tirrfatoore ahaa markaan ku dhahey madaxweynaha aan salaamee ayaan u sii raaciyey labada nin diyaaradiina ayaa loo dhawaaqey ee ka dhakhsada meesha, waxba kama jiro, mid ka midaa intuu saas ii fiiryey igu yiri "ma boodhi-gaydh baad tahey", adeer orod madaxweynaha waad salaantee wuuna daalanyahay, markiiba labadii odey wey iska tageen intaan u raaciyey adeerayaal safara salaama.

Isla markiiba madaxweynaha ayaan gacan qaadey, hadal kalena uma aanan sii galin iyo sheeka toona waan arkaa xaalku inuusan sahlaneyn, intuu i gartey ayuu yiri, "oo dadkii baxey inaad raacdey ayaan moodayee", markaas ayaan ku iri "markaan hubsado inaad halkan dhaaftaan ayaan anigu magaaladeyda gali", intuu qosol yaroo dhoola cadeyn ku lifaaqanyahey ayuu yiri "ma magaaladan ayaad dagantahey, farsama xumada dhacdey waad u jeedaa laakin wax dhiba ma lahan waxan iyo wax ka daranba waan u dul qaadanaa", isla markiiba madaxweynaha maba sii ag joogin waxaan ku iri "madaxweyne halkaa ayaan fadhiisanayaa illaa ay howsha hagaageyso", I was trying to avoid one of the Siilaanyo guys oo si xun indhaha iigu kuuraayey as if inaan neef biciid ah ka diley.

The time now is 07:48, with no reason being sitting there, no formalities, nobody knows what was the advance arrangement being made, there was indeed an arrangement made for the president and his team, that arrangement was indeed to remain seated until everyone in the aircraft leaves and disembarkes.

As soon as I left the president, I heard and seen a Turkish airport staff wandering around and asking every Somali or lookalikes about team Siilaanyo, and their whereabouts, the guy was very tired, upset, and was all over the place in every section of the airport looking for team Siilaanyo.

I recognized the guy as he was very tired and somewhat angry of why they left the aircraft, the flight crew have no idea who the Siilaanyo team were, but Siilaanyo team were informed in Addis Ababa to wait in the aicraft until a Turkish Official tells them to leave the aircraft but someone would come to them and guide them the stairways at the front of the jetwaya attached to the aircraft, this was a celever move which guarantees to avoid any contact with the passengers and crowd that number in thousands arriving from every possible direction.

The Turkish guy did not wasted any time, and was jumping up and down of why they did this, and who advised them to leave the aircraft, and so many question like how many people they are etc, he was not a happy man, but relieved finally, and did not actually care who they are but was doing his job and quickly asked them to follow him, all of them, the president, marwada and ninka indhoolaha, to the worst, all the journalists were running fast as if in laga tagayo oo kale, the president was as usual calm and collected, I did not bother saying macsalaama to the president, nor I wanted to say anything else to anybody, I was just feeling relieved now and looking forward to go to Passport Control but not yet.

The Turkish guy did not go that far with them, but entered the jetway that were used to disembark the people from the aircraft, this time, the team Siilaanyo are not going into the aircraft, but rather, would be guided through a stairs that links the jetway to the airport ground whereby a bus is waiting for the team Siilaanyo to be taken.

As soon as the aircraft attached itself to the jetway for disembarkment, the VIP bus was there waiting for team Siilaanyo, waiting and waiting, this was not expected at all, nearly 2 hours of wasted time, in a crowded place, it could have being avoided if the right people with the right knowledge of advance arrangements were involved.

The team Siilaanyo were transported out into another section of the airport where their luggages are waiting for them, I could see team Siilaanyo getting into the vip bus one by one after walking into the jetway back then into a downstairs.

I was not ready to take any photo shoots, nor I wanted to have a picture with me and the president, I had that opportunity many times but respected the president and the lousy team, I was actually watching them until I made sure one by one, all of them went into the bus, after that, ayaan dhahey, Alxamdulillaahi, imika iska dhaqaaq, xaashalillaahi, markiiba intaas is majiirey(waamo accent) ayaan isku maqiiqey(Gibiley accent) masjid yaroo kor ku yaaley si aan salaadii subax iskaga rido(galbeed accent), anoo iska wardinaayo taxliisha suulasha iigu laabantahey aan ku taraaraxey passprt control(xamraawi accent), isla markiiba waan ka soo baxey meeshaaseyto(sujui accent) waxaana soo galeey magaalada Istanbul.

Siilaanyo team red carpet waa loo diyaariyey ayagaa iskaga cayaarey, dadkii madaxweynaha sidan u galey ee asoo 6 saacadood diyaarad saarnaa, laba saacoo kalena kursi bir ah ku fariisiyey without cabitaan iyo la tashi toona, dadkaas waxey muteesteen in la ciqaabo, or at least hal maalin shaqada laga eryo(naxariistaa iga badatey camal hal maalin is ok).

Team Siilaanyo were on their way to Ankara, another long trip was ahead of them, be it a plane or train, or by car, whatever mode of transport they took to Ankara, it wasn't an easy one.

Peace out, Mr President.

STOIC   

Nuune, walee you are gentleman .Someone needs to forward this post to the office of the president and have him fire those incompetent people.Good read as usual saxib....

Tallaabo   

This is a fantastic story Nuune. You are miskiin walaal, you should have embarrassed the team in front of the president and told them that they were unprofessional and should have waited in the aircraft. I am sure the president would have agreed with you and embarrassed them too by ordering them to follow your instructions.;) But I don't really blame the "advisers" in this sad incident, I blame Silaanyo for hiring them in the first place. The best thing the president can do now if to fire all of them and replace them with experienced professionals. Let us hope he replaces those id!ots before the next official trip to Washington.

nuune   

^^ It was more like an EasyJet episode asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411

war I always come across diplomats, the Congolese of Brazaville were the weirdest of all, at one point, there was food crises due to their repetitive request of more food and more hehe

The worst was this Egyptian diplomat, even though we were on Egypt Air, he thought he owned the aircraft, and there was buuq and qeylo, until the co-pilot intereferred while on air, shut up aa lagu dhahey yaa waxsh.

President Siilaanyo had a score 10/10 on this, he was a supermaan not moving ciji baalkeedd on this whole story

several comments.

1. Nuune's self-aggrandising attitude leaves too much to the imagination.

2. the blind man is Dr. Omar Dhihood. Presidential adviser.

3. the president always travels with a group of dedicated and professional staff.

cala kuli xaal, this story stinks of self-promotion and reeks of anti-SL sentiments.