Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Cheapest land in Somalia

Tallaabo   

At the moment you find the cheapest land in Puntland. Indeed it is selling so cheap it is almost a give away. This xaraash came about because nowadays everything is about Xamar Cadeey and Jubbaland:D

Baashi   

I don't know. If I were to buy a land I wouldn't buy plots that are hot now in this bullish seller's market. The urban areas of the country do not have infrastructure for a modern city. Sooner or later the sewage problem will come up and the government will have no choice but to address this problem. Bringing in trucks fitted with suction pumps and hoses is not gonna cut it.

Go for a ranch or beach property outside your prefered area. If you were to buy a 20x20 plot in Kismayo or Mogadishu you will have to pay crazy sum. This makes sense for rental property but not for primary residential home. I'm assuming you are in the west and would want to maintain that lifestyle. In that case go for the properties far from the overcrowded faras magaalaha.

Price-wise they are bargain plus folks are not that interested in them. Health-wise they are ideal. The biggest draw is you can have some say in the planning and zonning aspect of the properties of the area. If you have the pennies :) recruit like-minded folks who are interested in what I listed above and proceed with caustion for if you are not committed the price tag is humengous.

Coofle   

D.O.C;936818 wrote:
70% of the land in somalia don'nt belong to anybody and therefore free of charge.

That was 20 years ago....If you go as far as you could from any civilization and try to settle .. an old somali Geezer will come and say...Adeer meeshan reer hebel baa leh...even if you are from the same reer hebel he will say,,adeer meeshan anigaa iska leh...nothing is free anymore

Tallaabo   

That is true Coofle. Especially in Somaliland, the combination of a very bad policy by successive governments who encouraged land grabbing in order to fill their own pockets, the lack of other investment opportunities for local investors, and the hyper inflation of land caused by speculation and the two aforementioned situations is making life difficult for a lot of poor people and is also causing conflicts like the incident in Burco.

Jacpher   

^The cheapest land for you in the country right now is the city/xaafad/tuulo where your clan hails from. You could get faily a good price or free if you get the connection. In other words, you ain't gonna get that price in Hobyo if you ain't from there. Clan is everything in this market. Thats the hard truth.

ANWAR   

SomaliPhilosopher;937529 wrote:
Anwar, is this true? How can I go about purchasing land in Hobyo?

I recommend that you make a personal trip to Hobyo.

ps: there is no paperwork in large parts of Galmudug state, everything happens through verbal agreements..

Many land owners set prices up when they hear that you are from abroad, so it's smart to let a native buy for you