Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Somali Constitution on Federalism

The Zack   

Huuuhaa? Waligaaba hoostaad mucaarad kaga aheyd illeen Jubbaland. Walee Kismayo waa uniter, it unites all the non-Ds. Maalin dhaweyd mid aan naqaano oo reer Borama ah baa isagoo xiiqsan ii yimid oo leh Jubbaland wa khalad dad dhulkoodda baad dhaceysan.? Waxaan ku idhi baan kugu dhihi Norfyow, Jubbaland is a reality! Stop having bad dreams about it, the Ds wont take over your little Burco, iska taageer walaal oo mucaaradka dhiigeysan oo siyaasadeesan halla joojiyo.

N.O.R.F   

Waar bal yaabkan eega :D

Calm down Zack. I have no opposition to Jubbaland. What I meant by huuhaa is the endless threads, articles and arguments on the issue (not the setting up of the admin itself). I.e. if all of this is generated by setting up the admin, what will happen when it needs stamping by Parliament?

I expect Xiin to come in now and say 'look look I told you all' :D

Haatu   

Norf, the states can be created now, but until the commission is set up and the necessary laws are passed, no one knows what powers each state will have and other issues like resource sharing and tax collection.

N.O.R.F   

^Thats a whole other issue.

Xaaji X just posted this:

Somalia: Parliament to 'Review' Federal Constitution

Sunday, 10 March 2013 13:44

Somalia parliament to review federal constitutionSomalilandsun — Members of the Federal Parliament divided themselves up in groups on Saturday and began a "review" of the Provisional Federal Constitution in Mogadishu, Garowe Online reports.

Speaker of Parliament Mohamed Osman Jawari stated on Friday that they would be conducting a "review" of the Provisional Federal Constitution which was adopted by the National Constitutional Assembly last August during the then Transitional Federal Government (TFG).

The speaker invited independent commissions in Somalia to join the parliamentary discussions which convened on Saturday.

According to Speaker Jawari the review comes after multiple requests from the public to review the constitution.

"The review of the constitution is a very important task. We are conducting the review following many meetings with civil society representatives who requested that the parliament review the constitution," said Jawari.

Under the provisional constitution there are 57 articles in the constitution that need to be reviewed by the federal parliament. The review's time limit was not scheduled and could be an extensive process. Federal states
One of the divisive articles that sources close to the parliament say will be brought up is article 49: The Number of Boundaries of the Federal Member States and Districts.Under Article 49 the house of parliament before determining the number and boundaries of Federal states are required to select a national commission which will, "study the issue, and submit a report of its findings with recommendations to the House of the People of the Federal Parliament."

The Article goes on to state that the federal member states will be based on the boundaries of the pre-1991 administrative regions, "based on a voluntary decision, two or more regions may merge to form a Federal Member State."Minister of Interior and Security Abdikarim Hassan Guled who spoke to press on Friday regarding the issue of states said that the Federal Parliament "will decide the number of federal states [in Somalia}."Sources in the federal government told GO that top ranking officials are lobbying for 4 or more regions in southern Somalia to be made into a state. Following an SFG leaked document obtained by GO, that insists that the international community support a decision for the SFG to build all regional and local administrations in south central and southern Somalia.

The SFG has openly stood against the current community led Jubaland state process which involves the Lower, Middle Jubba regions and Gedo. The current process is underway after the SFG refused to attend the state building conference.Political analysts tell GO that the issue of federal states will be a debated issue among parliamentarians.

gooni   

Fedaralism waa siraac ama khilaaf cusub,sodon sano jiil aan iskool aadin fedaraalna maqal dagaal iyo barakac ku jiray hadii la yiraahdo intaan reerkiinaa gaar u leh waa dameer kula galgalay

Soomaaliya waa inay dastuurkaas u codaysaa mar kale waliba sida ugu dhakhsaha badan,diin dhaqan af, iyo midab, dhan kasta, yaa waraaqo u sameeyay qof walbaa iyo meeshuu ku dhashay? kan baydhabo ku dhashay xataa haduu qarwo asagoo hurda waad af garanaysaa iska daa mid waqooyi iyo bari ku dhashaye.

NORF is still talking about Kismayo :D ?

Zack, dadkani baqdin baa ku jirta; with Ina Iley rising in Jig-Jiga, Faroole's breathing heavily on both Hargeysa and Mogaidishu's neck, and now the reality of Kismayo is hitting hard on them...

NORF other than some interesting analysis and mere political commentary , the Kismayo thing is a federal reality, you touch it and the whole political settlement goes into flames.

U kaadi Xiinfaninow ,, Zack iyo Ileey heshiis maha, Ileey wa nin xabashida u shaqeya, zack na wa xoriyaad raadis isma galaan,, Faroole na waka raisal wasaarihi u yimi hada faroole wala so gaba gabeynaya oo wa inu si toos ah u hoos gala hassan sheikh maxamuud. Kismayo warkeedi waati la du duubay war ninku mala wu danbeyaa shirki wa ti lugu kala kacay. Ciidamadi reer gedo na wa kuwa hada ku laalaya Kismayo.

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;926031 wrote:
NORF is still talking about Kismayo
:D
?

Zack, dadkani baqdin baa ku jirta; with Ina Iley rising in Jig-Jiga, Faroole's breathing heavily on both Hargeysa and Mogaidishu's neck, and now the reality of Kismayo is hitting hard on them...

NORF other than some interesting analysis and mere political commentary , the Kismayo thing is a federal reality, you touch it and the whole political settlement goes into flames.

Ah, the predictability of predictability :D

Is that a threat to the government? Is it 'our' way or the highway? The whole Kismayo thing is actually at stage 1 of 10. You thought it was at 9 prior to getting to know your own constitution :D

^^No, threats.

What good are agreements if there is no consequence when they are broken?

Quite elementary awoowe. This Kismayo conference is getting to you for some reason. It does not have to be. It is another federal state becoming reality.

N.O.R.F   

With so much hot air and little in the way of facts on here one can only look into the basis of the whole situation and ask what is going on. You, by the Xiin default, automatically think its worrying me or that I'm taking sides. From the get go you jumped on this and decided to hit the government with it.

It will probably become a reality but at least know the road ahead and don't let your eagerness blur your vision.

North,

You read too much into it, that is apparent in your posts. I on the other hand know what I am talking about in terms of Kismayo conference as it pertains to the constitution. I also understand the politics of it, and the strategies of both camps to shape the outcome and the narrative.

I don't know what the ultimate outcome will be. But if I allow an slim chance this Conference being reversed, by logical conclusion the political settlement that resulted in the current government will up in flames .

N.O.R.F   

But thats the thing. The politics of Jubbaland is qabiil. I don't need to know the details of how things are shaping up or why some support it. I wanted to look at its legal basis to try and determine if the whole thing actually merits all this discussion.

Until this thread, it is obvious some of the proponents of Jubbaland didn't really know where it stood in terms of the constitution. Now that the parliamentarians are also conducting a review, others will ask the same questions.

The thread has served it's purpose.