Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Somali Constitution on Federalism

N.O.R.F   

Since you're a full time politician, can you answer the question? Preferably with references to articles in the constitution.

^Did you read the constitution?

Being part time politician is not excuse for being lazy waryaa :D .

The disagreement on Jubba Conference is not about its constitutionality. It is , I repeat, about pure politicking ..which does not surprise anyone. In fact, given the significance of the region, political games are expected from the administration.

N.O.R.F   

^The question isn't on the disagreement. Its on the actual constitutional process. Looks as though this hasn't been followed to date.

NGONGE   

^^ War adigu don't go pushing Xiin into a corner dee. No more "looks as though.." and any of these assumptions of yours. Just ask the question and give him enough room to answer. :D

Xiin,

Like a swimmer doing the breast stroke, one minute we see your head and the next it's totally under water. :D

It is obvious that the disagreement is political, however, could the questions that Norf asked be used as a rod to beat the Jubba idea with? How? And if not, why not? Ma intaa yar baad kari wayday?

Ah NGONGE , predictable as ever, dwelling on the margins of the debate :D

Don't be lazy waryaayaa, read the constitution if you have the time. If you don't have the time, take my word for it. There is no constitutional issue here.

NORF, how many times do I have to repeat the answer. Jubbaland is constitutional. If it weren't constitutional, the government wouldn't have to beat around the bush as it were :D

But you are not after answers , are you?

N.O.R.F   

I have read the entire thing. Can't see anything else on the parameters for formation of federal states. If I'm missing something ii sheeg.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;925160 wrote:
^Dee the question is there and he seems to be avoiding answering it
:D

Dee you scared him off with your approach. Now we have to try a different style. :D

At any rate, if what you posted above is the actual Somali constitution, it seems (for there is no need for the kid gloves now) that "NO" is the answer to both your questions.

N.O.R.F   

Xiin, shakiga iska daa ninyow :D

How is Jubbaland as constitutional as Puntland if the constitutional process isn't being following in it's formation? bal waxaad haysid soo bandhig

You hear it ya jamaacah from NGONGE, and NORF

Jubbaland is unconstitutional. Kala dareera.

EDIT: It is interesting our secessionists brothers have a thing for Kismayo. Macno Yare come up with a full blown UN Security Council Resulation specificly designed to shoot down Kismayo (or at least to frustrate the effort :D)

And we have NORF with a more powerful amo to kill whole thing :D

Baashi   

Let's focus on the substance of your question. It's a good question awoowe.

Norf, I am not an expert on constitution and just like you I'm a lay person interested in the issue. If you are asking me about the constitutionality of local folks quest for federal member state the answer is YES.

I am at work and don't want to download the pdf file. What part of what Zak posted you have issue with? If you are at home please post Chabter 5 in its entirety.

Baashi   

Xiin or someone fadlan post chapter 5 and provisions to change change constitution after four years. They are enumarated at the end.

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;925169 wrote:
You hear it ya jamaacah from NGONGE, and NORF

Jubbaland is unconstitutional. Kala dareera.

EDIT: It is interesting our secessionists brothers have a thing for Kismayo. Macno Yare come up with a full blown UN Security Council Resulation specificly designed to shoot down Kismayo (or at least to frustrate the effort
)

And we have NORF with a more powerful amo to kill whole thing

I am not bothered at all, saaxib. I just enjoy a pile on whenever you're at the bottom of it. :D