Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Does the Evil Eye Exist?

I am unable to separate superstitious old-wives' tales from what has religious basis or what are simple remnants of our pre-Islamic cushitic believes during the Waaq days...

Not an idol question (no pun intended), my cousin has the cutest of girls with very very light brown/hazel eyes and 99% of relatives are like "indhaha dadka kaqari"...

And for the cheeky ones on SOL (you know yourselves), yes the kid is 100% Somali, not half-this half-that.

Any experience on the Evil Eye?

Haatu;919124 wrote:
It does exist. I remember hearing a hadith about it a while ago.

is this hadith about some guy collecting the prophet's hair and nails with the view of committing sixiir?

it's mainly because of this hadith, i've always taken extra care to dispose off my nails. thanks for sharing Haatu.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;919129 wrote:
is this hadith about some guy collecting the prophet's hair and nails with the view of committing sixiir?

it's mainly because of this hadith, i've always taken extra care to dispose off my nails. thanks for sharing Haatu.

I don't know. And yeah, never leave about your nails or hair ama falfale baa lagugu akhrin.

Haatu   

There should have been a sign reading Atheists Need Not Enter. Would've saved this thread from spiraling downhill.

Haatu;919135 wrote:
There should have been a sign reading
Atheists Need Not Enter
. Would've saved this thread from spiraling downhill.

its interesting you say this Haatu. i was really eager to learn something beneficial from this thread. but, i guess, like you say, its ruined now. shame really.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;919138 wrote:
its interesting you say this Haatu. i was really eager to learn something beneficial from this thread. but, i guess, like you say, its ruined now. shame really.

Don't hide behind me and my words you ...

It does exist and as Norf pointed it out, one must protect ones self from it.

There are several hadith's, Ayah's or dua's that indicates it's existance.

Imam muslim narrated that Ibn Abbas said, The Messenger of Allah (pbu) said: "The evil eye is true, and if there is anything that would precede Predestination, it woul be the evil eye".

Abu said Al Khudri reported: The messenger of Allah (pbu) used to seek protection against the eil of jinn and the evil eyes till surat Al-Falaq and surat An-nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah's protection and left everything besides them (At-Timidhi).

The Prophet (pbu) used to say: "U’eedhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammati min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (I seek refuge for you both in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every evil eye).’”

There are other hadiths from muslim and Al-bukhari that also says that the person who touch others with the evil eye has to perfom ablution so that the person affected can wash him self with it.

Apophis, don't lose this Dunya as well as the Akhirah. Don't let this trivial Dunya mislead you until a Day when you will have the deepest regrets (The Day of Judgement)

If you have any doubts on Islam (which you do), then email me if you want and I can send you thousands of articles that have answers to all questions you might have on the Deen.

Just be open-minded enough to accept Islam if you're convinced by my arguments