Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Does the Evil Eye Exist?

Wadani;919320 wrote:
The evil eye does exist since the Prophet PBUH told us about it in numerous hadiths. But somalis take it too far and many have developed some sort of paranoia thinking that danger lies at every turn as if everyone they meet is a xaasid who wishes ill upon them. What makes it even worse is many of these crazies are not even that special.

For example you'll say ur kids are cute to a Somali mom just to be nice, and their face will turn blue with trepidation and force u to say 'masha'Allah', as if otherwise their kids will turn into disfigured trolls within a few minutes. Next time im gonna be like 'Anaaba kaa walaan oo jimankan yaryar ee digirta gubatay u eeg kuu ammaanay, ee raali noqo.' hahahaa.

LMAO!!! HilaRIOUS walaahi; you've hit the nail on the head.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;919183 wrote:
How do you think the teacher was able to know what colours the insects sees and how it is different to us?

Infra-red spectum??

Tallaabo   

Wadani;919320 wrote:
The evil eye does exist since the Prophet PBUH told us about it in numerous hadiths. But somalis take it too far and many have developed some sort of paranoia thinking that danger lies at every turn as if everyone they meet is a xaasid who wishes ill upon them. What makes it even worse is many of these crazies are not even that special.

For example you'll say ur kids are cute to a Somali mom just to be nice, and their face will turn blue with trepidation and force u to say 'masha'Allah', as if otherwise their kids will turn into disfigured trolls within a few minutes. Next time im gonna be like 'Anaaba kaa walaan oo jimankan yaryar ee digirta gubatay u eeg kuu ammaanay, ee raali noqo.' hahahaa.

;) What do you think about the stories of the numerous brides running away from their wedding and heading for Naasahablood?

Isha dadka waxeey kudhacdaa qofka markuu wax dadkale ka galabsaday, AMA uu dulmiyay, sidaan aniga u fahmay. Iskagama kaa dhacdo, oo waxbaa sababo. Hadii aadan qofna danbi kagalin, then u have nothing to worry about.

Mario B   

It's always baffle me when materialists comment on matters beyond the physical. So I agree with Chubacka!

My understanding of 'evil eye' is to do with those who practise malignant witchcraft or malicious envy.

wyre   

I dunno what you mean by Evil Eye, but if you are talking about Sixir And as I think it is Magic in English, A bengali man's property was stollen by a Sudan magician two days before in Jeddah Saudi Arabia :D

wyre;919618 wrote:
I dunno what you mean by Evil Eye, but if you are talking about Sixir And as I think it is Magic in English, A bengali man's property was stollen by a Sudan magician two days before in Jeddah Saudi Arabia
:D

I think sixir/magic spell is different from the evil eye. The evil eye is a bit of envy (say of your wealth, status, beauty, whatever an envier envies) and that persons envy affects you somehow and messes you up (sickness, death, deformity, etc)....