Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

A Somalilander appointed as the chairman of the central bank of Somalia.

Abwaan   

Che -Guevara;908995 wrote:
What's reer Waqooyi with family history and elitism. Must be an effect of English colonialism.

Che, I head that Mr. Hadliye is originally from Ethiopia although clanwise he is Awdalaawi. I beleive he is a good guy and he suits this post.

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;908995 wrote:
What's reer Waqooyi with family history and elitism. Must be an effect of English colonialism.

How about appointments of Omer Abdirashiid Sharmarke and Cadde Muuse Bokor? Che, you seem to be developing a blind spot. :D

Carafaat;909023 wrote:
How about appointments of Omer Abdirashiid Sharmarke and Cadde Muuse Bokor? Che, you seem to be developing a blind spot.
:D

I am not opposing this man being appointed. It's how XX and Mintid are talking and the deference they bestow upon him simply based on his family that find interesting.

Omar was useless.

Che -Guevara;909034 wrote:
I am not opposing this man being appointed. It's how XX and Mintid are talking and the deference they bestow upon him simply based on his family that find interesting.

Omar was useless.

Che, my friend, XX and I should stop educating you on Northern family trees ;) Regardless of politics, Reer Waqooyi know each other from corner to corner. Both the Foreign Minister and Central Banker come from families with a pedigree based on reputation and past actions, not on class, power, or wealth. And they are from two completely different clans.

Hence, Hassan Sheikh's picks are beginning to have a political stench to them...

As for those claiming Abdisalam is from Ethiopia/Kililka 5, they couldn't be more wrong.

Oodweyne;909240 wrote:
^^ Thanks for the welcome, but I fear they are too deep into their sleep to see the danger around them. And beside Mr ghelleh of Djibouti is telling them everything is OK and therefore he seemed to be saying don't disturb your sleep. In other words, this is what happens when you subcontract your foreign policy to other states.

Mr. Oodweyne,

what do you think could be done to restore a solid non-isolationist foreign policy? SL foreign policy is between a rock and a hard-place. on the one hand, the jet-setting trips continue to produce no tangible outcomes and on the other hand, the current foreign policy, particularly the dialogue with Somalia is to put, bluntly ''a train in motion''?

please advise.

Oodweyne number six you mean directly with nation states but its hardly feasible even if you open liaisons offices there. Those nation states will not change their stance unless we have a massive lobbyist group in every capital city in Africa. But we don't have the capital nor the resources what could help is re establish Somaliland institutes in Europe like sopri and others. The world is run from Washington and Brussels wasting our times with those Black Sub-Saharan Africans will not change anything. On number 5 can you elaborate a little bit more with what states you had in mind. If the talks fail the IC will be forced to come with another alternative the only problem i see is there is no time table for these talks. But i am certain we will not talk about piracy and fishery in the upcoming talks.

NGONGE   

Guru,

The pendulum is swinging strongly towards the Somali side. If Fowziya and this other guy who hail from known and respected families in SL and probably having strong affinity and knowledge with the place have switched sides, what happens to little old me?

My blue flag is tattered and gathering dust but it firmly remains under my bed and the recent events in Somalia lead me think that it might be time to bring it out. What do you say, Guru? Why shouldn’t any of us do a Fowziya and embrace the greater Somalia idea? If able men like this bank manager chose to go that way, why not you and I?

NGONGE oodweyne has invested to much in Somaliland to wave flags and switch sides like wearing a new nigis every now and then. But tell me NGONGE how many flags are under you're bed:D The thing is Somaliland is not led by politicians its led by its people these people are determined in their cause that they will never be ruled from Mogadishu again. Politicians in Somaliland play a minor role they have not as much power as in Somalia. As for Fawziya i think she just wanted to make her self useful it was basically impossible for her in Somaliland and i am sure she is an ardent Somaliland supporter in her heart. We have seen it with the likes of Sifir who became a member of Cabdilahi Yusufs goverment while being part of Kulmiye before his defection. And now he is the Ambassador for Somaliland in Kenya.

STOIC   

Ngonge, from all indications your idea has a wide appeal. It certainly will make anyone drool over the attention Somalia is getting, but not yet my brother. From all evidence it appears unlikely that Somaliland will make a dramatic reversal of its course.Taken at a face value the attention Somalia will be given will definitely not raise a good prospect for Somaliland ambitions, but it will also not quicken the disdain for secesion.

Questions abound:can Somaliland sustain itself even after many doors shut in its face? I'll argue yes and it will continue to lead a normal existance and I bet no effigy of President Hassan will be set on fire in Hargeisa.I think the pattern is clear so long as Somaliland insist on secesion no outside muscle will force them and I think Hillary Clinton was clear when she Said Somalia people will decide the fate of their country when asked about the dual-track system.So I sense deem prospect for Somalia and Somaliland joining together unless a timely concessions are made.Give it a few months before all this celebrations soured.

NGONGE   

^^ Guru,

That's what I thought too, Guru. But when Fowzia is one minute forming an SL political party (meaning she's full of SL principle) then defects to become the Somali FM, one begins to wonder saaxib!

Stoic,

In the current climate, it is very hard to reach any solid conclusions, saaxib. It's all well and good for one to be patriotic and bang the drum of belonging, however, the recent defections coupled with the progress taking place in Somalia present us with a new set of questions that need urgent answers. Where do we go from here?

(I, of course, have always reserved the right to hoist my blue flag up at the sign of any stagnation in the SL cause). :D

Stoic Somalia's government might have be given governmental recognition but it means still nothing it needs to win legitimacy in her own country by the citizens of Somalia and the various fiefdoms. Keep in mind there wouldn't be a government with out the state department and the AU troops. The whole talks opened last year was also designed by the international community in order to find a solution for Somalia and Somaliland, the only problem is will it bring solution between Somalia and Somaliland. Somaliland sovereignty is still in tact and it will remain that way despite the clan politics with the recent elections when it comes to Somaliland sovereignty the people of Somaliland form a brick wall and people line behind their government. Somalia has a long way to go built institutions police army restoring its sovereignty from Raskambooni to raas caseer lose the Arms embargo opening up EU and American Canadian embassies in Mogadishu, defeat alshabaab and other islamist groups lose the AU troops hold several democratic elections. Find a solution for Puntland semi autonomous status. Somaliland just needs to work and build a viable economy make sure western and other countries invest in Somaliland maybe even lease the port to UAE. Continue to modernize you're armed forces in that way no one can hurt you.