Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

A Somalilander appointed as the chairman of the central bank of Somalia.

STOIC   

Ngonge, I really don't know where this will lead to and I'm sure President Silanyo will ardently be beseech by his citizens for some way forward from here....

NGONGE;909437 wrote:
Guru,

The pendulum is swinging strongly towards the Somali side. If Fowziya and this other guy who hail from known and respected families in SL and probably having strong affinity and knowledge with the place have switched sides, what happens to little old me?

My blue flag is tattered and gathering dust but it firmly remains under my bed and the recent events in Somalia lead me think that it might be time to bring it out. What do you say, Guru? Why shouldn’t any of us do a Fowziya and embrace the greater Somalia idea? If able men like this bank manager chose to go that way, why not you and I?

You can at least wait until that lousy president leaves office to pull your blue flag out.

NGONGE   

^^ I am not as short sighted as you, adeer. Plus, I'm not sure that Siilaanyo is THAT lousy. I mean he got you crying your eyes out for months now. ;)

NGONGE;909437 wrote:
Guru,

The pendulum is swinging strongly towards the Somali side. If Fowziya and this other guy who hail from known and respected families in SL and probably having strong affinity and knowledge with the place have switched sides, what happens to little old me?

My blue flag is tattered and gathering dust but it firmly remains under my bed and the recent events in Somalia lead me think that it might be time to bring it out. What do you say, Guru? Why shouldn’t any of us do a Fowziya and embrace the greater Somalia idea? If able men like this bank manager chose to go that way, why not you and I?

Ngonge, awalba qadiyad ma'aadan laheyn: Blue flag aad sheygaysid muxuu yahay? Waryaa, jiritaanka Somaliland waa muqadas.This pesky fork in the road scenario, alluded to by Odweyne, will eventually be overcome chiefly on account of the average amount of natural astuteness inherent in all true born Somalilanders, notwithstanding of course, Fowziya &Co--(Dem just sellouts, that is all) :D

NGONGE   

^^ Warya, aniga (as the guru says) Carab Casiir baan ahay, why pick on my contemplations of a blue flag and not on the "historic family" poeple? :D

STOIC;909455 wrote:
Ngonge, I really don't know where this will lead to and I'm sure President Silanyo will ardently be beseech by his citizens for some way forward from here....

Not if he becomes the next President of Somalia. Am sure then "his citizens" will have a more sympathetic disposition toward him.

Granted, while Fowziya's move to Xamar might not change by one iota the conviction of some northerners who wish to secede from Somalia, it has however embolden those others who wish to remain united with Somalia, and raised to the first magnitude the futility of the secessionist project, with the result that an exodus to Mogadishu of the elites and the intelligent, together with the cunning has started, leaving behind in unhappy Somaliland only the helpless inmates of asylums for the demoralized and disconsolate.

NGONGE   

^^ Hold your horses, saaxib. Nothing happend yet but a there are questions and answers to be had (for all sides).

p.s.

Though the blue flag is emerging from under my bed it is not yet fully hoisted next to the SL one (nor is that one at half mast yet). :D

NGONGE;909459 wrote:
^^ I am not as short sighted as you, adeer. Plus, I'm not sure that Siilaanyo is THAT lousy. I mean he got you crying your eyes out for months now.
;)

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. You and Norf can go back to your old ways entertaining Xiin.

NGONGE   

^^ Guru,

Is your gripe with Siilaanyo about the botched elections or foreign policy? If the first, I can understand your furstrations. However, I will simply remind you of Riyaale and his winning of his own elections by 80 votes. You can't have it both ways, saaxib (waa give and take).

If it is about foreign policy, well the Siilaanyo adminstration may have changed tack but they have always maintend that no scenario exists where they will willingly join Somalia. So what's the problem?

On my part, when I say that I have an itch that's urging me to pull the blue flag, I am lampooning the silence in SL about the defection of Fowziya and others. I mean, there was a time when people used to lob eggs at anyone that would say a good word about Somalia, never mind become their central banker or FM. What's with the sudden politeness and why blame the government for your own silence? (it's not one or two either and the timing matters greatly).

Africa,

You're forever angry, saaxib. :D (did they sort that college out yet?).

Oodweyne;909475 wrote:

If the ship of state is in an evenly keel going through the ocean and at the same time the passengers all know the final destination of such ship then if one or two folks jump out of the ship by side ways in the middle of the sea, then the least that we ought to do is to throw after them one or two life jacket (if we could spare such things).

But when no ones has the faintest idea of where exactly the captain of the ship is likely to anchor as a final destination such ship then the idea of jumping out before you are inform where we have arrived at may strike others as a tolerable concept.

Hence the thing is the captain doesn't seem to be in charge of the destination or at least he is not communicating where is that. Lets hope he will gets his game together before the bulk of the passengers are fighting each other for an empty corner of the side of the ship to which to jump over to the sea.

Oodweyne, with your permission, I'd like to dedicate a poem by Cranmer-Byng to you....

ADRIFT

"We cannot keep the gold of yesterday; To-day's dun clouds we cannot roll away. Now the long, wailing flight of geese brings autumn in its train, So to the view-tower cup in hand to fill and drink again,

And dream of the greatest singers of the past, Their fadeless lines of fire and beauty cast. I too have felt the wild-bird thrill of song behind the bars, But these have brushed the world aside and walked amid the stars.

In vain we cleave the torrent's thread with steel, In vain we drink to drown the grief we feel; When man's desire with fate doth war this, this avails alone -- To hoist the sail and let the gale and the waters bear us on."

Saaxiib, be patient---your wounds will indeed heal.:D:D

NG: Tell us why are you obsessed with Fowsia? You've been discussing about her a lot in multiple of threads , what are you trying to prove old man?

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

1- remove this ever lying and incompetent foreign minister of somaliland.

I thought you liked his credentials.

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

2- Make a clean break with the previous policy of talking to somalia till you have the IC actively joining the talks as a guarantor and as arbitrators.

This is the worst idea I've read in a long time, why isolate yourself and anger major powers at the same time. Somaliland needs an agreement with Puntland on their borders. This nebulous border isn't helping you.

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

3- Stop subcontracting your foreign policy to any state such as Djibouti.

You can't alienate anyone even if they don't hold your best interest at heart.

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

4- Rebuild the old diaspora effort in gaining the ears of the power of their adopted states.

Astroturfing doesn't last long.

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

5- Establish a strategical resource based alliance with countries that need such thing from you.

You don't have any leverage or resources currently to force that.

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:

6- Bypass the regional organs such as IGAD and AU by basically making a mutually beneficial understanding with individual states on a strictly resource sharing arrangement.

Isn't this identical to #4?

NGONGE   

Africa,

Fowziya was the first, I'll soon be obsessed with the banker fellow or others that follow him. Wax fahan (starnge that you who stamp your feet with anger every time Norf says hello to Xiin have not uttered a word against Fowziya or anyone else). ;)

Guru,

The SL government, whilst not sharing its intentions with me or you have always made it clear that their bottom line was recognition and that they will never unite with Somalia. In fact, despite all the progess in Somalia and all the questions being raised the issue of the talks still remains about one between two sides. Nothing has changed on that front, saaxib. Well, unless you're privy to any new information.

The one thing that worries me about the SL government, you and all Somalilanders is the passive way in which you (and they) view the defection of Fawziya and others. An FM and a central banker are not sideway jobs, saaxib. They are important jobs that may help undermine that SL cause (though I doubt they would derail it). Now you're talk of stupor and what not may be true but doesn't this apply to you too, saaxib? Maxa loo xishoonaya?

Mooge   

Oodweyne;909273 wrote:
^^^

1- remove this ever lying and incompetent foreign minister of somaliland.

2- Make a clean break with the previous policy of talking to somalia till you have the IC actively joining the talks as a guarantor and as arbitrators.

3- Stop subcontracting your foreign policy to any state such as Djibouti.

4- Rebuild the old diaspora effort in gaining the ears of the power of their adopted states.

5- Establish a strategical resource based alliance with countries that need such thing from you.

6- Bypass the regional organs such as IGAD and AU by basically making a mutually beneficial understanding with individual states on a strictly resource sharing arrangement.

hmmm...