Sign in to follow this  
somalee

First book you ever read :-)

somalee   

When I was small, I was an avid reader of mostly story books and children's novels. My first ever book was called ''What a fright'', contained a collection of stories. Don't know where Aabo bought it from, but he brought 2 of such, one for moi and the other for my brother. I was 7 then.

What is the first book you ever read? Cheers :)

All I know is that I started reading at 4 and I loved the Dutch version of the Roald Dahl books. Those were the books I frequently read my favorite were Matilda, The big friendly giant and Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Coofle   

its difficult to remember the first book we ever READ...but the first Book I read from cover to cover, was this...

20106516.png

i think it was Aladdin and one of his adventures but the first proper book i read was called mercedes ice. i didn't get into reading until 18ish. i love biographies of dictators and political leaders. whilst in uni i developed a taste for reading abstract theories and stuff lol.

40332_429221259249_4228897_n.jpg

my old bookshelf. they've probably burnt it by now LOL

Haatu   

I can't remember but it was probably this:

image.php?imagename=humpty_dumptyfriends

But the first proper book I read cover to cover was this in yr 4:

200px-Stormbreakerbook.jpg

Coofle   

Showqi;907922 wrote:
My first book was Robinson Crusoe the Somali version. My first English book was The L Shaped Room

Ma kii xidigta october ka soo bixi jiray ee uu idaajaa turjumay...Ma dhamaystirayn baan filayaaye,,,Did you get your hands on the full version

Alpha,,,Good collection, the only time I had similar collection is not till the end of University,,,and I hate every paper of those books because they were mandatory not optional ....

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;907917 wrote:
i think it was Aladdin and one of his adventures but the first proper book i read was called mercedes ice. i didn't get into reading until 18ish. i love biographies of dictators and political leaders. whilst in uni i developed a taste for reading abstract theories and stuff lol.

40332_429221259249_4228897_n.jpg

my old bookshelf. they've probably burnt it by now LOL

Someone liked Harry Potter. Ish :D This is assuming this pic is actually genuine.

Showqi   

Coofle;907929 wrote:
Ma kii xidigta october ka soo bixi jiray ee uu idaajaa turjumay...Ma dhamaystirayn baan filayaaye,,,Did you get your hands on the full version

No Coofle I am talking about the real book, I was 8 or 9 years old when I red. My uncle bought the book for him self. After Robinson Crusoe I red many other Somali novels all of them bought by my uncle.

chubacka   

group-reading-with-floppy_white.jpg

I remember reading Biff and Chip books and really enjoying them around 6/7. Later on though from 11+ reading become much more interesting for me and I remember loving the Goosebumbs (say cheese and die was my favourite book ever) then Point Horror series. Also found S.E. Hinton and her amazing books beginning with The Outsiders as a spotty teenager.

chubacka;907943 wrote:
group-reading-with-floppy_white.jpg

I remember reading Biff and Chip books and really enjoying them around 6/7. Later on though from 11+ reading become much more interesting for me and I remember loving the Goosebumbs (say cheese and die was my favourite book ever) then Point Horror series. Also found S.E. Hinton and her amazing books beginning with The Outsiders as a spotty teenager.

OMG@biff and chip books

chubacky the wacky we're probably the same age. LOL

chubacka   

well if we are dear Marx, stranger things have happened. Biff and Chip have been around for donkey's years, can't imagine the number of kids who grow up with them. Interesting book shelf, lots of books on power and law haha. You planning something?