Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Alpha, This is enough 'ma is-tidhi'

Coofle   

Marka hore.

Alpha is a good cyber-friend and its always pleasure to have him around in SOL as he provides the forum with special aroma.

Without him SOL is a boring place for "Duqayda cuslaatay" , he makes the forum young and brings energy to the rusty 10-years-old servers of SOL..

But as he have pointed out in many posts, he have spent a considerable amount in the Land of Somalis, not any other Land but in HARGEISA the cradle of Somali literature and language. Hargeisa where Somali speaking singers,musician and poets of every color and clay seek inorder to have their works certified and accepted by the general somali populace. If hargeisa loves your literary work, Somalis love it.

Let me cut to the chase...Sxb I am extremely bothered by your phrase """Ma istiir"""" its simply "Ma istidhi" or "Ma istiri" , I have been thinking its your own personal signature, again I thought you have dyslexia, again I gave you the benefit of doubt and said "odaygu waa dhaqan celis ee ka wareeji", but when I spotted your other somali words, you are neither dyslexic nor you are that much dhaqan celis - anymore - but I hope its your online signature.

Moral of story,

Stop writing that phrase please. some other dhaqan celis on SOL are learning it the wrong way from you and I have been spotting it around much those days.

y-u-do-that-thumb.jpg

hi Coofle,

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

this is pure madness ma is tidhi sxb?

i had no idea it was spelt like this walahi and i will correct my shameful act of defecating the beautiful af-Somaaliga.

in fact, i have been to the following places in somali speaking world;

somaliland

hargesia

berbera

sheikh

boroma

burao

wajale

las khorey

maydh

hiis

karin

lawyo caddo

casho caddo

ceel gaal

abdi geedi

baki

boon

dila

ka labaydh

el sheikh

bulahar

gabiley

arabsiyo

abaarso

salaxley

oog

odweyne

baligubadle

others

garowe

jigjiga

qabribayax

djibouti

somali community of addis

and NOT a single of one of them told me to spell it like that................thank you, thank you very much Coofle.

Tallaabo   

The Somali people should protect their language from corruption like the French do. We should expunge the invading English, Arabic, Dutch, Swedish, Amharic, and Sujui words and keep our language in its pure natural form. We should not let the dhagan celis and the qurbomeer ruin our beautiful mother tongue.

Tallaabo;904337 wrote:
The Somali people should protect their language from corruption like the French do. We should expunge the invading English, Arabic, Dutch, Swedish, Amharic, and Sujui words and keep our language in its pure natural form. We should not let the
dhagan
celis and the qurbomeer ruin our beautiful mother tongue.

With a word like the one highlighted above, ma is tidhi adigaaba u baahan in lagaa qabto inaadan ku ciyaarin "our beautiful mother tongue"

N.O.R.F   

Apophis;904330 wrote:
For some reason. I can never take seriously the Somali of those who replace r with dh. It's "ma istri" not "ma istidhi". Stop scouser-fying the Somali accent!

The latter is the correct way of spelling and pronouncing it.

Complicated;904341 wrote:
With a word like the one highlighted above,
ma is tidhi
adigaaba u baahan in lagaa qabto inaadan ku ciyaarin "our beautiful mother tongue"

thanks for uncomplicating that, complicated.

Tal,

you pathetic dhaqan beast! its dhaqan not dhagan. look at this village hunno type! you're teeth must be an extra 20% large than an inch because you use them to plow the fields. LOL

tallaabo;904337 wrote:
the somali people should protect their language from corruption like the french do. We should expunge the invading english, arabic, dutch, swedish, amharic, and sujui words and keep our language in its pure natural form. We should not let the
dhagan
celis and the qurbomeer ruin our beautiful mother tongue.

shame on you!

NGONGE   

Norf,

There might be an argument for "spelling" but I can't see how you can argue that there is a correct way of prononciation when regional variations exist in every language.

p.s.

Coofle is losing his mind if he's trying to talk sense to Alpha. Ninyaho jeceel ba ku waali oo bulaacad walba ubax baad ku argta (except of course the orginal ubax). :D

Wadani   

I think the convention among most accomplished somali writers is to use the 'r' instead of the 'dh'. That's the trend i've been noticing as of late, even with writers from northern 'dh' dialect communities. Personally I still use the 'dh' though.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge,

There are regional variances but there is also standard Somali.

I always wonder why news anchors add ‘sii’ when referring to locations. ‘Wariyaha Axmad Ali Muus ayaa ka soo waramaya/waramay magaladaasii’.

NORF,

there are 4 different dialects of the Somali language; Xamaraawi, af Maay Maay, af Waqooyi and af Baraawe. sxb, isku xishood and naga da qabyaalad. plurality is diversity.

Wadani   

N.O.R.F, i've seen many argue that standard Somali is the one spoken in Mudug (which uses the 'r' btw), as it can be understood easily in almost all regions of the country, and can be used in writing/media.I had a hard time digesting this since I always believed that northern somali had a linguistic richness unmatched by other regional variations of the language. But considering how a lot of Somalis find the reer waqooyi accent so strange (hence the term Q.A.ldaan), i think there is some credence to the claim that the Mudug dialect is the standard.

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;904324 wrote:

somaliland

hargesia

boroma

wajale

las khorey

ka labaydh

odweyne

others

qabribayax

:D

Wadani   

N.O.R.F;904354 wrote:
^Mudug uses the r?

Yes, in in the vast majority of Mudug, if not the all of it, they use the r.