Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Alpha, This is enough 'ma is-tidhi'

Blessed   

The ma is tidhi / ma is tiri debate is none existant because Southerners don't use the phrase, the equivelant is perhaps; 'saas miyaa'. Ma is tiri in the North could be translated as 'will you wipe yourself' ...reer SL wey kula yaabeen, ma is tidhi @ alpha lol

Wadani   

Ur right dearest Blessed. But I was talking about 'r' vs 'dh' divide in general. Eg, Xidh vs xir, Jidh vs jir. Now that I think of it though the 'dh' is quite helpful as it allows us to differentiate words that would have been the same otherwise. Eg, if we in the north pronounced 'jidh' as 'jir', the words 'body' and 'exist' would be the same with only context making the difference discernable.

Wadani   

^ I wouldn't call it slang...the bulk of classical poetry was composed by men who spoke with the 'dh' variant. But I do agree that the 'r' has become much more common place in writing.

Blessed   

I understand what you're saying, but the r v dh divide is overplayed, many words such as fiiri, siidhi, heer become none sense words if replaced with the equivalent r/dh, in most cases, there is a different word altogether, i.e fiiri = eeg and in other cases the spelling remains the same, i.e kaar, saar.

wow wow wow

this thread is educating me by the second ma is tidh/ri.........hopefully by May, i'll be ready to start writing fluently in af somaaliga. up until now, i didn't have the confidence to write but i would like to learn my mother tongue better and i want to start writing poetry.

Wadani;904353 wrote:
N.O.R.F, i've seen many argue that standard Somali is the one spoken in Mudug (which uses the 'r' btw), as it can be understood easily in almost all regions of the country, and can be used in writing/media.I had a hard time digesting this since I always believed that northern somali had a linguistic richness unmatched by other regional variations of the language. But considering how a lot of Somalis find the reer waqooyi accent so strange (hence the term Q.A.ldaan), i think there is some credence to the claim that the Mudug dialect is the standard.

Nonsense the Mudug accent wa afsomali khariban they add everything waxan samenahayaa waxan tegehayaa instead of tegaya wax wada hayada ah bay ku hadlaan, war waan imanahayaa balaayo ku hayeysey. its not the standard af Somali the standard AfSomali is spoken in between Salaxlay and dhagaxbuur.

Alpha Blondy;904388 wrote:
wow wow wow

this thread is educating me by the second ma is ti
dh/r
i.........hopefully by May, i'll be ready to start writing fluently in af somaaliga. up until now, i didn't have the confidence to write but i would like to learn my mother tongue better and i want to start writing poetry.

Tiri= Count

Tidhi said

Badhi = booty

Bari = east

Fadhi= Sit

Fari= Finger

Coofle   

Xaaji Xunjuf;904438 wrote:
Tiri= Count

Tidhi said

Badhi = booty

Bari = east

Fadhi= Sit

Fari= Finger

Xaaji aan kuugu daree

the plural of gabadh is

gabadh = gabdho

gabar = gabro....sounds like Frankenstein beast..but they don't say it and they say gabdho

Caydh = poor

C.ay.r = The clan or poor...!! some for respect to the clan they say waa "ceer",

Coofle   

Alpha you are a good man sxb, it takes only a great man to admit...Hadda kadib you are full fledged Somali Nomad since you have been to all of those places. Halkaa kaga hay oday, again your somali is excellent considering your conditions.

@Carafaat... My hometown was spelled correctly...

you pathetic dhaqan beast! its dhaqan not dhagan. look at this village hunno type! you're teeth must be an extra 20% large than an inch because you use them to plow the fields. LOL

looooooool

NGONGE .. I am lost here,,Do you mean UBAX the flower misa ! ... Waar niyaw Jacaylkayga maad ka xuntahay? kkkkk

As far as I know and even Believe , the people in the Somali region of Ethiopia speak proper Somali. not Mudug

Coofle   

NGONGE;904786 wrote:
^^ Yes, the flower. People in love see them in every place (including the bulaacad that is Alpha's mind).
:D

I always see beauty in people because I believe no body is all good! everyone has dirty dark side but as long as they trying to cover it up then they are worth having around.....

NGONGE   

^^ War I am not a xaasid. Love is good for the heart and mind. But don't get carried away and view Alpha's junkyard of a mind as anything but that. :D