Sign in to follow this  
Wadani

Somali Girl in Miss Arab 2012 Pageant

The argument about if Somalis are Arabs or Africans has been going on as long as I've been on the Internet and it still looks like there is no consensus as to which side we are on. I think it should be be upto to the individual to choose which side they identify with more.

And for the Somali girl who is running for this beauty contest, good for her and I hope she wins. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Haatu   

Apophis;903043 wrote:
I have seen you and you're definitely 'black'. No two ways about it
:D

:D says the short, dark, jareer midget :D

xabad   

haatu am using that term pejoratively, i know somalis are a ****ed mixed race. so arab are sand niggers, Filipinos could be called niggers, southern italians, pashtuns, etc. get my drift

Haatu   

No, you made another mistake, we're not mixed race as well. Say it with me, we are Somali, we are not white, nor a we black, we're Somali. :D

xabad   

somalis are mix of nilotes and proto cushites in antiquity, the latter we essentially south west asian caucasians.get up to date haatu.

Haatu   

Based on what sxb. Last I knew we carried 87% Somalid gene. So where does these strange and rather exotic admixtures come from?

somalee   

Xaaji Xunjuf;903006 wrote:
arabs and the Somalilanders dont get along way ogyihin any Qalanjo from Somaliland will beat any of their hairy sisters from Arabia

Lol :D.

Haatu   

Ismahaan;903115 wrote:
Hatu I agree with you 100%. We are Somali, neither Arabs nor blacks nor a mixture thereof.

Here's someone with common sense. She even remembered my original username :D

Blessed   

Wadani;902906 wrote:
Nuthing really except for the small fact that were not umm....Arabs.

Somalia is in the league of Arab nations, Somalis in the Arab lands enjoy a special status because of it. Don't see the big deal, to be honest especially as some Somali tribes are of Arab origin. However, the issue of Muslims holding and participating in pageants which objectify women is one worth considering....

nuune   

somalee;903078 wrote:
I'm just thinking if such a contest was to be held in Somalia, mostly probably a girl will win it

Haye, reer gabdhahooda ma fool-xunyihiin nuune.gif