Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Chicago Homicide Rate: 500 Deaths Reached In 2012 With Fatal Thursday Shooting

CHICAGO -- Chicago has logged its 500th homicide of 2012.

The last time the city reached the 500-homicide mark was in 2008, when the year ended with 512 killings. Last year, city records show Chicago had 435 homicides.

On Thursday, officials with the Chicago Police Department said the city was one homicide away from the 500 mark. Hours later, a 40-year-old man was fatally shot in the Austin neighborhood on the city's West Side. Police say Nathaniel Jackson was found on the sidewalk outside a convenience store with a gunshot wound to the head late Thursday.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office says Jackson was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital early Friday.

Jackson's death remains under investigation. No arrests have been made.

And you see this type of violence glorified in the various Rap-Music videos posted by Chicago Youth.

Just look at this music video. I know it's disturbing but it provides a detailed insight into the mentality of these youth:

One of the most disturbing videos I've ever seen. These kids are all like 16 years old!

THESE are the kids who are killing, and dying on Chicago streets in record numbers.

^^Chief Keef and his violent lyrics is out of Chicago for good, his connected to a murder that took place last September and a lot these goons are after his head. I don't see him ever coming back to Chicago.

They have been trying to fix the sh!t that always takes place at Chicago's Southside for years, Obama's hometown is the most segregated city in America.

Chief Keef was flown out of Chicago because he has a multi-million dollar record deal and thus he's an asset to the Record Company. They don't wanna risk him being killed.

But either way, this video was filmed in Chicago. This type of music is popular in Chicago, and these are the kids who are dying in Chicago. This is the violent culture these kids glorify.

And I don't mind that Chicago is a segregated city. Would YOU wanna live beside these violent sociopaths? There's no LEGAL barriers for a well-off Black Man to move into a predominantly white neighborhood. If he has the money, he can buy the house.

^^As America is having this gun debate, calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at school, Chicago has been neglected, bunch of n!ggas killing ni!ggas. Chicago is also a city with a gun ban, and yet with the highest gun related crimes, the pro-gun crowd always bring up Chicago to support their case.

I think it has to do with the culture popular amongst Chicago Youth. Listen to the type of music these kids listen to; bragging about killing people and robbing people....So even if there's a gun-ban in Illinois, it'll still have a high murder-rate.

^^But the question is, Chicago might have had more homicides had they not had Gun-Control. But the thing, we would never know for sure. It's all speculation

But we do know that these kids are unimaginably corrupt

xabad   

yes ! plus a gun ban in chicago does not affect neighboring states and nothing slows the flow of guns. just look at the uk to see the effect of gun ban, basically you have the same nihilistic black youths, but they engage in stabbings and few deaths occur as a result.

So, if we were to compare Chicago to Mogadishu (the city with the unlucky token title of the most dangerious city in the world), is it worse or does it fair better? Does anyone know the number for Mog '12?

^Mogadishu seems to own the top slot in the most dangerous, I was hoping for once there might just be another city that takes that spot, and a western one, at that.

Way too hopeful (even though it is wrong to hope misery for others).

Chicago had 943 homicides in 1992, so no biggie. NYC had 2,200+ in 1990 and Toronto's worst year came in 1990 as well with a grand total of 91 homicides.

I don't think anycity, Somalia had anything close to 500 homicides. Even Mogadishu didn't had that many killings. And as for Chicago, this will only stop when the people doing all the killings decide it's enough or are put behind bars.