Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

New Love: A Short Shelf Life

Baashi   

"It doesn’t take a scientist to observe that because the sex in a long-term committed monogamous relationship involves the same partner day after day after day, no one who is truly human (or mammalian) can maintain the same level of lust and ardor that he or she experienced when that love was uncharted and new.

..."

Interesting take on the subject. Read on...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/opinion/sunday/new-love-a-short-shelf-life.html?pagewanted=2&ref=general&src=me

Abtigiis   

When we say it, Juxa goes for our neck and says it is ciyaalsuuqnimo. So does Ibtisam. But when New York times or any white man says it, it is research, it is knowledge to be cherished!

Hmm this is interesting. Some people don't mind being with one person for the rest of their lives like me. So according to this article you can rekindle your passion by suprising each other and doing exciting things together. Noted :)

Baashi   

Abtigiis;895881 wrote:
When we say it, Juxa goes for our neck and says it is ciyaalsuuqnimo. So does Ibtisam. But when New York times or any white man says it, it is research, it is knowledge to be cherished!

Awoowe you're right. Juxa and Ibtisaam are wrong. Womenfolk!...if they only had balls...:) What do they know about being nin xiniinyo gubabayaan!

Ahem! the opinion piece published in NYT Sunday Review has now confirmed what we already knew -- passions fade, sexual desires with familiar spouse decline overtime and we often crave for variety in all things pleasure. All true.

Now I do have this feeling that you would stretch that tidbit out and milked for all it's worth? :)

Equipped with such "indisputable knowledge" presumably penned by white fella :), you now have the green light to chase tails and fool around to your heart's content :)

Abtigiis   

No, Baashi, I am not as fickle as you think. There is nothing to milk here. I have always known that social science is a manipulated facility and have never taken such researchs seriously. I trust my own experience and the experiences of those around me which I observe in a time-series way. So, the NYT piece does not add anything I didn't know nor does I agree with the "do this-do that" in order to overcome the fatigue of monogamy....I think that is rubbish. This piece will be an eye-opener for Juxa, Blessed, and the girls who take me as a sex maniac for saying what is pretty much a common knowledge. Even Norf can benefit from this article. For now, he prides himself of being young and immune to these temptations, but let us give him another couple of years and then we shall check on him! :D :D

Juxa   

I would have said baashi is mocking you lakin waan ka xishooday

All i can say is you dont see womanfolk huffing and buffing all over caajis baa ihaya iyo yaa i raba!

ps Abtigiis no one thinks erayga isku magacawday, in fact Ibti said you were nice person and we had to be nice to you:) consider SOL meel laga jecel yahay

Abtigiis   

Juxa, I got Baashe's drift. I am not daft. But I also know he didn't mean to be mean to me. It was his way of encouraging me to go a bit on this thing. Got that! That is why I said I amo fickle as you think to run after this! :D

I LIKE Ibti. I admire her and that is why I named my daughter after her. Nothing I heard about her has changed my initial impression.

Taleexi   

Bluelicious;895961 wrote:
Hmm this is interesting. Some people don't mind being with one person for the rest of their lives like me. So according to this article you can rekindle your passion by suprising each other and doing exciting things together. Noted
:)

Do you have a choice, Blue?

Juxa   

Abtigiis, in that case i hope ibti gabadha iney dahab iyo diamonds usoo tuntay sidi lagu ogaa dhaqankeena....ninkii gabar dhalay sanadkaan wuu liibanay by the way.

Blessed   

Abtigiis, waakaa gaalkii cadaa yidhi ee it must be legit, dee bal orodoo have your evil ways with cidaad doonto, anaga maxaad naga rabtaa?

Abtigiis   
:D :D :D :D looool@ maxaad anaga naga rabtaa !! Marwo Blessed furkay tuurtay! Can't say I haven't budgeted for this; ilaa shalay have been provoking her. Iyada iyo cidda kale ee ay leedahay "anaga"!

Blessed   

Iska dhaaf waxaas, you, abtigiis have some cheating to do, now that you have gaal cads words. Tii yarayd ma isla qadayseen?

Abtigiis   

Maya! oo ileen ceebti dhacday kuuma sheegin? :D :D

Soo iyadoo tii yarayd tu kale la socota maan arag maalin dhawyd! Oo ileen show ta kalena wakhti hore ayaan ku idhi ma isla qadeeynaa? :D Waa ta tidhi uun hey when is lyour unch! It is overdude by six months. Tii yared siday ii eegtay...if looks could kill!

Marwo jooji dagaalka mise ...baan wacaa? :D Anigu kuwa gaalada ka war qaata ma ihi. Adiiga iyo Juxa iyo Ibti ayaan waxan aan ka hadlayey u arkayey inaan anigu alifay, markaa I was saying now that the NYT is reporting, I thought you northerners would give it a serious look.