Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Brewing Somali scandal - the next big one

Not one to exaggerate things, but the:

Somali TV fund - raising programmes for the needy is fishy to say the least.

There are rumours that the TV's are milking the money, the so-called 'wadaado' are taking their cut, whilst very little reaches the needy.

Let me make one thing clear, I have nothing against raising funds for people who need it, but we've to question when things are not what they seem to be. They're rumours, possibly true, (I have nothing concrete here, that is why I am putting it out there) that this people are fiddling these funds and there is a widespread abuse.

My intention and my conscience here is to get this out there and if this is found to be true that people are notified. The intention is those who are donating for the sake of Allah to donate to channels that will deliver their donations to the needy.

Correct if I am wrong.

send a compliant to Ofcom! LOL

but don't bring your speculative ideas here and expect 'us' to agree with you LOL.

if you have the right intentions then that's all that matters, really.....the rest you leave to Allah.

chubacka   

Channels will charge charities for the air time that they use, we can't be naive about these things and it does not mean there is something dubious going on if the wadaad is being paid for his time to fund raise for a project. Whilst you may have had good intentions this will just cause confusion and suspicion which is a shame. Some "concrete" would be very welcome as people tend to say all sorts of things with no basis in truth.

How else could they run all those tv's:

Universal

HCTV

Somali chanel

Somali sat

Royal TV

SLNTV (governmental money)

SNTV ( governmental money)

Satellite cost more than 250,000 per year