Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

I voted, did you?

Maarodi   

Yes, I voted. It took me less than 10 mins.

I was wondering though, why was Mitt listed as the first choice and not Obama? I thought it would be alphabetical or at least have the incumbent appear first since they're already occupying that seat like the House and Senate and all the other positions?

Voting the first time I was expecting for the moment to live upto it's hype, all I saw we're bunch of seniors a couple of Somali mothers and a place quieter than a library. I was waiting for a crowd to cheer me on as I blackened that Obama circle until the paper got wet from the ink but all I got was some white guy trying to look at my ballot like he was cheating a test. I was only excited about Amy because I like her. And of course i voted Yes on the qanis amendment.

Jacpher, I was listening to one the Republican pundits last night and he predicted MN to go Romney's way. :) Even the crazy Rush predicted over 300 electoral votes for Mitt and an easy win.

A_Khadar   

Keep on updating about your experience for those of you who voted today? It's yet better to vote during the day than later after work when everyone wants to catch up the last few hours..

GT, are you not voing? or you're not from the states?

Tonight will be a night to get closed to the screen sets. Xiin and I seems we live same block and voted for same ones.

A_Khadar   

Somali philosopher;886337 wrote:
Voting the first time I was expecting for the moment to live upto it's hype, all I saw we're bunch of seniors a couple of Somali mothers and a place quieter than a library. I was waiting for a crowd to cheer me on as I blackened that Obama circle until the paper got wet from the ink but all I got was some white guy trying to look at my ballot like he was cheating a test. I was only excited about Amy because I like her. And of course i voted Yes on the qanis amendment.

Usuall AM and early afternoons arequieter because most people are working and planning to vote after work. So those who have the chance to vote early hours are the luckier ones. It will get busies after 4pm.

A_Khadar   

Gheelle.T;886340 wrote:
Jacpher, I was listening to one the Republican pundits last night and he predicted MN to go Romney's way.
:)
Even the crazy Rush predicted over 300 electoral votes for Mitt and an easy win.

;);) These are some sort of tatics to discourage people not to vote as they inteded but MN is blue as the somali flag.

Jacpher   

Rush a big fat liar, as the title of the book was.

I can't remember last time O was here. But Clinton was here last week so that says they ain't worried about losing MN.

A_Khadar   

States to eye closely, OH, FL, VA, WI, IA and CO.. May be few more, but if Obama tops OH, WI and IA and may be VA, he has a clear win.. Not to mention FL and OH win for Obama will be a sweep. These are mostly contested and closely raced states to to dertermine the winner...

Abwaan   

This voting thing sort of United SOL. Why can't we united on Somali issues too? Maxay tahat laba-wejiilenimadu.:D

A_Khadar   

Abwaan, cause mostly we care more where we live and the laws that individually impact so I guess Somalis living inside Somalia should be more united to the current gov and what not. Me think this is unconscious element inside each person to closely care what impacts personally and loosely care the extended affairs in this care Somalia.

Abwaan   

A_Khadar, I understand where you are coming from but it is sad that diaspora are pouring more gas onto Somalia that has already been burning though.

Apophis;886412 wrote:
The hypocrisy and bigotry displayed by some posters though entirely expected is nevertheless funny.

Care to point out the hypocrisy and bigotry you spotted in this post!

We voted for what we believed, including that Obama is better than Romney, Kieth Allison is a man whose electoral victory could never be repeated if he loses. On the marriage question, it is expected that we share the conviction that men and women marry, and produce something, while other frivolous relationships not need be honored with the profound sanctity of marriage .

Jacpher   

^But you can't base your vote solely on one issue. Yes Muslims are against same sex marriage, so are other faith groups that always vote democrat and this shows you shouldn't vote against your own interest in other areas. Yes Republics do oppose same sex marriage but they also oppose on host of other issue that do good for our constituents.