Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Raskambooni movement its not up to President Hassan to create a federal state for our regions.

Haatu i think he is going to do that give him time Kismayo is liberated from Shabaab what a few days.I think he wants to create a balanced provincial administration in those regions until a state is established there by the indigenous inhabitants of Jubaland/Azania.

Somalia   

What The Zack and Haatu touched on is interesting.

The president went to Beledweyne under Ethiopian guard (though he surrounded himself with AMISOM-Djibouti for obvious reasons) while it is forming a state but reer Jubboyinka cannot form a state. :(:confused:

Jacpher   

Apo: Mixing apples & orange as always.

The president is correct on this one. I hope he keeps his word on this. No clan entity has superiority over the government and no foreign powers to set up its proxy state in the country.

Haatu   

Jacphar, the ethios have a certain nightmare scenario which they're trying to avoid at all costs and it appears that the President is being cowed by them. There are also certain elements that will do anything to stop reer Jubbooyinka uniting. It is a shame that people are still holding to outdated views.

Some fiery words from you Apo, I think I know where you're from. I realised the other day when you said Dabangaalle :D Karibu ina adeer :D

Haatu   

^ You tell me because I have no idea who they are but some is preventing it. Reer Jubba and Gedo have been trying to create an inclusive maamuul for a long time and every time isbaaro baa loo dhiganaaye. This is just another one. But they'll overcome. Bickering and infighting has left jubbooyinka totally destroyed and broken. We've come to realise that unity is the only way forward.

Faafan   

There is a reconciliation Conference happening in Nairobi, all the sides of the current Jubba conflict are represented Azania, Kamboni,&Ahlusunnah-Gedo.It has taken a lot of diplomacy to bring these sides together, they were for the most-part all hostile to each-other.Instead of halting this process, the Somali government under Hassan should take there designated seat at the reconciliation table and involve themselves in the process.The final destination of the reconciliation conference will be within the Jubba region.A grand-conference is planned( In Kismayo most probably) but before that there needs to be political consensus and Nairobi is a secure location for these sides to peacefully debate and settle there differences.There has being progress already, if Hassan is dismissive of this process and unilaterally begins his own process or names his own admin then he stands to loose because these groups call the shots in Kismayo.It will only distance the Jubba region from Mogadishu, rewinding the clock.

Apophis;876901 wrote:
Who's judging what's "fair" though?

Very good question Apophis you know Somalis their Philosophy the past 21 years was Looma dhama lol

Samafal   

The president is right on this one. Kismayo is under his jurisdiction and its not upto Kenyans to decide who governs or not. He should consult with the people and based on his consultation should name the local admin. Later, communities can select or elect their provincial leaders but now its a matter of Somalia's sovereignty due to the presence of foreign troops.

Raaskambooni movement are biting more than they can chew. Kismayo is contested city and are laid claim by many clans even reer Bay & Bakool claim it so its only wise we do not repeat same old mistakes whereby one clan think they own the city. That mentality did not succeed then and it will not succeed now. That itself says alot about who owns the city: all clans of Somalia a good reason why the matter should be left to the sovereign goverment of the day.

Apophis;876909 wrote:
^^ I'm not familiar anything below the major clan names, but if there's a group which feels undermined then clearly they should be listened to for the sake of a permanent peace. Because we know how a single Somali can f*ck up everything.

Well if you from Kismaayo you should be familiar with these clans because they are one of the rightful owners of the city and their opinion should be valued.. You seem to be pretty reasonable ninyahow keep it up

Yunis   

Faafan;876899 wrote:
There is a reconciliation Conference happening in Nairobi, all the sides of the current Jubba conflict are represented Azania, Kamboni,&Ahlusunnah-Gedo.It has taken a lot of diplomacy to bring these sides together, they were for the most-part all hostile to each-other.Instead of halting this process, the Somali government under Hassan should take there designated seat at the reconciliation table and involve themselves in the process.The final destination of the reconciliation conference will be within the Jubba region.A grand-conference is planned( In Kismayo most probably) but before that there needs to be political consensus and Nairobi is a secure location for these sides to peacefully debate and settle there differences.There has being progress already, if Hassan is dismissive of this process and unilaterally begins his own process or names his own admin then he stands to loose because these groups call the shots in Kismayo.It will only distance the Jubba region from Mogadishu, rewinding the clock.

Well put,

From what I gather, it appears Pres. Xassan Miskiin is bent on creating his own version of reality in Jubba region, instead of focusing Xamar which is still a basket case, he has no idea what he is getting into.

Yunis;876924 wrote:
Well put,

From what I gather, it appears Pres. Xassan Miskiin is bent on creating his own version of reality in Jubba region, instead of focusing Xamar which is still a basket case, he has no idea what he is getting into.

It's hightime the people of Gedo, Lower & Middle juba united and created an admin that can manage these regions and protect the people tere as a whole. Let it take time and effort but the days of Morgan, Jess & Hiiraale are over. It's time for the people to think about their interest than fake sub clan ego. As for Oba & the claims of certain clans, I think they need to be listened to but they can not stop the process.