Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Safferz   

Interesting, I wonder how it has fared so far. Banning/suppressing female circumcision has a long history in Kenya and it has always had the effect of intensifying the practice. I think the only effective route is to educate people about the problems, rather than make them defensive and feel their cultures are under attack by the government.

Safferz   

So this is the song my af-xabashi class will be dancing to. My eskesta is pretty good! I just don't want to do it in front of an audience :(

Haatu   

Safferz;985040 wrote:
Interesting, I wonder how it has fared so far. Banning/suppressing female circumcision has a long history in Kenya and it has always had the effect of intensifying the practice. I think the only effective route is to educate people about the problems, rather than make them defensive and feel their cultures are under attack by the government.

It's on the decrease. People are more aware nowadays especially the ladies who were the supporters of this practice in this past. It should have died out by my kids' generation inshallah. Nothing to get alarmed over.

Safferz   

Haatu;985078 wrote:
It's on the decrease. People are more aware nowadays especially the ladies who were the supporters of this practice in this past. It should have died out by my kids' generation inshallah. Nothing to get alarmed over.

Wish we could say the same about Somalia and Ethiopia.

Al's Friday advice -doing 15 reps cos my opponent did 10. success is not dependent on copying others but surpassing your own targets.

jimco wanaagsan akhyarta sharafta leh.

Haatu;985078 wrote:

are you going to do this to your daughters? :P

Shiekh Dirir preaches about Somali minorities folks being discriminated against in marriage. but.....apparently, the story goes..... he was once asked to marry one such daughter and he refused. lakinse not entirely sure of the story's reliability.

denigrating a tradition will meet with resistance. the few loose canon feminists, who scream and shout about this practice, and other sorts of ''backward'' traditions are pathetic. a toxic mix of human rights mantras, particularly ''a woman's right to her body'' and other such methods are bound to fail. it embarrassing and highly insulting to our culture. the need to change must come from us. we'll need to do an internal appraisal of this practice and decide.

Alpha Blondy;962477 wrote:
African_Animals.jpg

GAME

Nigerian (Egbo) - Fox

Ethiopian (Amhara) - Elephant

Kenyan - (kikuyu) - Snake

Tunisian (Pro-West) - Monkey

Somali (Koonfurian) - Eagle

NOTE: all things considered.....let's assume these animals have equal ability.

using various relationships, partnerships and coalitions of sorts, work out the following.

1. political leader

2. economic strongman

3. neutral

only
ONE
can survive, ma garateen?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

anyone want to play this game?

Haatu   

Al, did you know this:

1 = neef

1/2 = bar/badh

1/4 = waax

1/8 = fallaadh

1/16 = rimic

1/32 = miil

Did you know those jajab (fractions) above have their own names in Somali? No need to say sideediiba hal, just say fallaadh :D

Abbaas has been given a new name. he now goes by the name Maqane. how come the ADMIN and the MODs allowed him to have his name changed?

this is not fair, maha? i want to change my name, too. i could do with a new change of personality. for years now, the name Alpha Blondy has tainted my character, you know. Alpha = incredible ability...Blondy = foolish acts. you can't be talented and be foolish at the same time, dee. it's an oxymoron.

Haatu;985100 wrote:
Al, did you know this:

1 = neef

1/2 = bar/badh

1/4 = waax

1/8 = fallaadh

1/16 = rimic

1/32 = miil

Did you know those jajab (fractions) above have their own names in Somali? No need to say sideediiba hal, just say fallaadh
:D

interesting stuff.

i didnt these jajab, abti.

i use the following....metric measurements :P

1 - kilo

1/2 - nus

1/4 - rubuuc

1/8 - fallaadh

1/16 - niic

i will use the Somali version from now on. thanks Hat.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;985141 wrote:
with this post, i'll have reached my 10,000 post. caajib.
:P

i will no longer be posting on SOL.

see y'all around.

Al.

This song takes me back to my emo teen years lol

Safferz   

I hate having a good hair day and no plans to go out. My original plan tonight was to stay in and read/catch up on work, but because my hair looks great and I can't waste a good hair day like that, I shall go out.