Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Fadhikudiriri Central...up close and personal

Haatu   

Wow where did Malika get that she was being victimized for her clan? I doubt anyone even knew she was a Daraawiish :D

Great story Tillamook. One suggestion though, bring me back, and in STYLE! :D

^

Talamooge (:D) why not simply continue the story with a new cast of characters? It is too good to kill, keep going but new characters - not SOLers though.

Sugegstions, replace:

Malika = Queen Carawello

Abtigiis = Ali Dhaanto

Mooge = Wiilwaal

Haatu = Inspector Kariuki

Ngonge = Cilmi Boodhari

??

7ths Installment

The following day, it was Mashujaa Day in Garissa City, and as usual the Somalis that predominately inhabited this city were unwarrantably insouciant by the official Kenyan national day celebrations taking place. All along the dusty streets, the Somali residents of the city and the bureaucrats running the place proclaimed their mutual divergence of opinion, regarding the ownership of the city, by flying Somali flags and Kenyan flags separately. At the Police headquarters, Mayor Ismail Ugaas reminded the few people who showed up at the square that the heroes who fought for the independence of Kenya had preserved the vital human dignities of the Kenyan people by resisting the colonialists and he reminded the attendees never to forget the sacrifices of the fighters of the Mau-Mau uprising. He also castigated the Somalis-- who were commemorating their own heroes through dhaanto, song and poetry-- on the grounds that those Somalis who fought against Kenya during the infamous Shifta Wars could not be called national heroes and in fact, those caught doing so would be committing an act of treason.

However; To the Garissa police Chief, Felix Jay Munyambu, these celebrations were a nuisance. As one of the few native Kenyans in Garissa with the closest relationship to a national hero (his father had been shot by the British colonialists during the Mau Mau uprising for stealing a chicken from them) he was supposed to give a speech about heroism right after the Mayor was done with his speech and, besides, as one of the City’s leading government men, he was obliged to do so and to instill a sense of Kenyan pride in the rebellious Somalis of the North Eastern province.

When it was time for the Police Chief to speak, he got up and, among many other promises to the crowd, assured the residents of Garissa that the Kenyan National Police would leave no stone unturned to ensure that Al Shabab found no refuge in Garissa, and if that meant, arresting all the Somalis in the city, then it would be a good price to pay. This coming as it did, right after his passionate plea for the locals to work with the Police, was considered not to be in the best of taste. When the speech was over, to end the ceremony, there was a parade of his policemen at the Square followed by the Mayor awarding a shield of bravery to two fallen comrades.

Mayor Ugaas: It is very sad to hear that two of your best men have died in the line of duty. I’d almost forgotten about Wangai and Abasi. What were they doing in Nairobi, anyway?

Police Chief Munyambu: They were on the trail of a terrorist called Abtigiis. From the little we know so far, they exchanged gunfire with the suspect at a restaurant and he killed them both.

Mayor Ugaas: I suppose it could have happened here as well. If I remember correctly, Officer Haatu was the sort of gentleman who shot first and asked questions later. It’s unfortunate that this Abtigiis fellow beat him at his own game, eh?

Police Chief Munyambu: I suppose so. Funny thing is Haatu had orders NOT to apprehend the suspect without sufficient backup. Serves him right, the swine, for not following directives!

Mayor Ugaas: Munyambu, we should be celebrating. So cheer up, man! This is indeed a very fine turn-out. I didn’t know we had all these many fellows in the police.

They both looked down at the eighty scruffy men in police fatigues who marched and saluted. The band played Somali and Kenyan police tunes as Police Chief Munyambu remembered his favorite, most loyal and now fallen, Officer Haatu.

Police Chief Munyambu: Alright your honor, I will now make a short speech, and then you can award the Shield.*The Mayor nodded and Police Chief Munyambu got back on the microphone and said* ...Officers of the Kenyan National Police Force, we’re gathered here today to pay tribute to two exceptional individuals whose recent tragic death in Nairobi has deprived Garissa of two of its most remarkable policemen.

As the Police Chief’s voice reverberated across the square, it looked to Mayor Ugaas that this speech would never end…

Police Chief Munyambu: They…they were loyal compatriots of ours*tears streaming down his cheeks*, and exemplary citizens of our fair city…they were men who led by example…they were heroes who laid their lives in the line of duty.

To the Mayor, looking down at the faces of the policemen gathered in front of him and at that of Police Chief Munyambu, it was clear Officers Haatu and Abasi had indeed been a great loss from the way these grown men wailed like a bunch of women. The Mayor was disgusted by this whole scene of events and got up and walked to the platform and grabbed the microphone from the Police Chief.

Mayor Ugaas: It’s my pleasure and honor to present this Shield of Bravery to the late officers, and Police Chief Munyambu will be accepting it on behalf of their families.*hands shield over to the Police chief*

To the cheers and applause of his policemen, Police Chief Munyambu raised the silver plated shield with Kenyan police insignia in the air, and more cheers and applause were heard, when suddenly a speeding Police Toyota Land Cruiser entered the gate of the square and brought to a quick conclusion to the proceedings of the day.

Bedlam ensued and the crowd and gathered police scattered about as they saw the ghosts in the van. In commotion and dust, the vehicle came abruptly to a halt in front of the main jail, right next to the Police Headquarters, and to the chagrin of Police Chief Munyambu and Mayor Ugaas, the recently deceased Officer Haatu Wangai, with a cast on his arm, emerged from the van, and pulled a disheveled and badly beaten Tillamook by the scruff of the neck out of the van, who was then followed by Officer Abasi, exposing a heavily-bandaged stomach area, who gave Tillamook a kick in his posterior end for good measure.

Presently, Police Chief Munyambu ordered all the officials and dignitaries moved inside were food was being served, and he then rushed towards the jail, leaving behind a confused Mayor who was deep in conversation with his second-in-command, Captain Ali Idriis.

Mayor Ugaas: What’s this madness? I can’t understand it. One minute he is telling us they are dead, and the next they’re burning tires in front of us and trying to suffocate us with dust. I know he usually holds us Somalis in this city, and even me in utter contempt, but I truly don’t understand why he behaves this way.

Captain Idriis: That does seem strange. But in any case, we shouldn’t let that adoon to go around telling lies to higher ranking officials, and he shouldn't be allowed to say such things in public either…did you hear? That he was ready to lock up all Somalis in his fight against Al Shabab—tell me if that’s not madness! Who'd be left in Garissa, if he locked us all up?

Mayor Ugaas: Maybe he’s bipolar, you know—maybe he suffers from sudden mood swings or some other sort of psychosis. I need you to keep a close eye on him Idriis! We don’t want him causing unnecessary inquiries from Nairobi. With the recent killings of civilians, the newspapers have been putting us on the spotlight. I don’t like it, and the last thing I want is that mongrel to bring further attention to us!

Captain Idriis: Yes sir, I will keep a close watch on him.*prospects of promotion lit up in his brain—who knew, soon he could become the new Police Chief of Garissa?*

In the next building, inside the jail, Police Chief Munyambu had caught up with Officers Wangai and Abasi, as they just finished manhandling Tillamook into a holding cell filled with stench and filth.

Police Chief Munyambu:*infuriated* What is this Haatu? The reports I got last night coming out of Nairobi said you were both dead!

Breathing heavily, Officer Haatu and Officer Abasi stood at attention and threw up a salute.

Office Haatu: Good to see you too, sir, but as you can see...we are NOT dead. We had a slight encounter in a restaurant, but we are alright, sir.

He then quickly proceeded to narrate the events of the previous evening, omitting the part where he was shot with his own gun, and when he concluded…

Police Chief Munyambu: So this prisoner is an accomplice, eh? Have you interrogated him yet? Have you run his prints, who is he? Also, any idea of the identity of the other fellow who shot you?

Office Haatu: All we know is that he goes by the name Mooge. We don't know anything else about him, but we suspect he's an accomplice of Abtigiis. We intend to get more information about him when we properly question the suspect we brought in, as soon as we get some food in us? We took fingerprints from him last night and we expect the check on his prints to be faxed to us from Nairobi soon... Besides, we also suspect Abtigiis and Mooge would be heading this way to escape to the Somali border, which is why we drove all night to get up here this morning.

Police Chief Munyambu: Good job Haatu. Keep me updated! *The two officers stood at attention again and saluted as the Police chief walked out*

...To be continued

^

Don't worry Alpha, I am making things as you say "pathetic", so that when I introduce your flamboyant character, things will really light up. So stay tuned, sxb. :D

Haatu   

Very nice. Coming back like a hero :D But why am I a servant of the Kikuyu? Couldn't you have made me the head of an undercover political group fighting for Somali rights? :D

^

Thanks Haatu.

Somali rights are neither here nor there my man. What I'm trying to achieve here is very different than that:D

NGONGE   

Tillamook;923015 wrote:
WOW...people calm down, please.

Ngonge, that goes the same for you...I thought you had a sense of humor, but sadly it looks like I was wrong. But regardless, you're staying put in the stories' plot.
:D

I do and I didn't mind my part in the story. The reasons for my unease should have been very obvious to you. Wax fahan.

Tallaabo   

This is a great thread Tillamook. It fills the void left by Abtigiis although the keyboard skirmish between Alpha and Malika was unnecessary.