Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The reer-Hebel fight-back against Sayid Mohamed: It could have been a poem, but it is a book

A_Khadar   

As NG said before, everything is about clan and that is proven again and again by just seeing the lines you all formed about this book, all I-clan, pro the book anti Sayid, the other d-clan for sayid and against the book. So this book is for you I-clan to enjoy and try to rewrite the history for your preferable way.

Honestly though, to be a little fair as A&T said, let us not compare today's norms and 19-century's. Clan, poets, insults, killings, and robbing were very much common and to add the equation to struggle against colonial white skin and all people were ignorant, it was justifiable insinuation of what Sayid pledged of whoever is with the enemy is also an enemy . That wasn’t only against one clan but even but some of those made up his soldiers.. Was it wrong, I guess not in 19 century, is it right to nullify the struggle against imperialists and calling him names like “sheydaan”, absolutely NO.

To the book, NG, did you read it? And if so, do care to tell us his conclusion!

NGONGE   

^^ I didn't. I personally was taught in my history books that the Sayid was a great man so I am curious to see why others think he isn't. So should anyone else, I would have thought.

p.s.

Clan is Everything but a good book (of any kind) transcends clans. Why else do you think dictators always lock up journalists and artists? On this, I would only judge the book by it's content; if the author is a logical man with good prose who presents a good argument, I'll endorse the book. If it is a nonsense book like the one that the UCID guy wrote about jokes, I'll mock it.

In the words of abtigis is an undeniable truth that "ethnic somalilanders" would have us overlook with a barrage of tangents about all sort of things. It's this clannish predicament that we find our selfs in as a people that allows some to call a national symbol such things the first warlord and shaydan. And certain people's support of this shameless Charlatan is yet more proof of the truth in abti's words.

Taleexi   

NG:

Dhankaan ka hadlay waa kaa Ngonge dhaafay hadalkiiye!, Social science is not equal pure science. As we are in the information era any jack can exercise his freedom of expression, his freedom of fabricating, distorting and satisfying his needs and wants. However, I am NOT objecting in any shape or form possible re-examination, or revisiting the Somali historical figures but all I'm calling is: One should write as many books as he wants but responsibility and facts should be given utmost consideration instead of "Anna way kan" mentality. Nevertheless, I believe Barwaaqo addressed squarely the desires of his skewed audience but overall the book does not add much of a value to the chronicles of the broader Somali historical events.

ElPunto   

The popular narrative about the Sayid is full of adulation. If we get something critical - shouldn't be a big deal.

What was the author's conclusion anyway?

Somalia   

Abtigiis;873519 wrote:
If I write a book with the title "Silaanyo ma straight baa mise waa,,,," do I leave much for the imagination?? Come on Xaaji!!

An openly gay man has been elected president of Somaliland, an internationally unrecognised state in the Horn of Africa.

Ahmed Mohamud Silanyo was elected last month by almost 50% of the area's voters over incumbent President Dahir Riyale Kahin.

According to Allvoices.com, Silanyo is open about his sexuality and has been in a relationship with his partner for 27 years. They have adopted three children.

Silanyo, who is Chairman of the Peace, Unity and Development Party, studied at the University of Manchester and has a Master's Degree in Economics.

His election as leader of a predominantly Muslim territory, despite being a gay man, is an oddity in an increasingly homophobic continent.

Somaliland, with a population of around 3.5 million people, is regarded internationally as an autonomous region of Somalia but not as an independent state, despite the region declaring its independence in 1991.

http://www.mambaonline.com/article.asp?artid=4753

'Gay' rights around the world - Somaliland's gay president

http://www.humanitariannews.org/20100817/gay-rights-around-world-somalilands-gay-president

Facts about the Mullah

His name was Muhammed Abdullah hassan born in 1856 in the buhoodle district of the Togdheer region in Somaliland

He was a Somalilander on his maternal side and belonged to the Abyssinian tribes on his paternal side.

He studied the Quran and the Saalihiya order of the Sufi Tariqa which is a very close to Salafism.

He organized a group of dervishes (duubcad) and raided the British strongholds at that time the Somaliland protectorate

The Mullah was a poet and composed many poems against his rivals against tribal leaders and against the English.

The Mullah ordered the Killings of tribal chiefs and religious leaders and poets

The Mullah had more than 4 wives

The Mullah was a charismatic leader and influenced many

The Mullah was Takfiri either u was with his dervishes a Muslim or you was with the English a kafir

The Mullah with the help of the ottoman empire constructed forts in taleex in sool region and Midishe Sanaag region.

The Mullah signed a peace treaty with the Italian Empire also known as the ilig treaty.

The Mullah raided Ethiopia Jigjiga in the year 1900 with more than 10.000 soldiers.

I am sure all of that is mentioned in the book and they are all facts.

Abtigiis   

I don't do such a dishonorable thing, I am not a somalilander! :D

Silaanyo is an old man and like my father. I can't insult him. In fact, it is well known that I admire him for fighting tyranny!

Abtigiis;873605 wrote:
I don't do such a dishonorable things, I am not a somalilander!
:D

Silaanyo is an old man and like my father. I can't insult him. In fact, it is well known that I admire him for fighting tyranny!

Tyranny i thought you supported General Siad barres regime Mise ina cumar jees ba ka dhex hadlaya hada:D

Taleexi   

But at the same time you should've been disappointed since Siilaanyo has also been causing havoc and dismay in some communities if you only care to be fair.

Abtigiis   

My views on both Siyad Barre and the butcher of Kismaayo Jees is well known! Unlike you and the rest of the SNM progeny in this forum, I don't support my clansmen always!

UZTAAD   

buugga waxaa la rabaa in looga aaro dakoonyin ku maqan sayidka maadaama uu beesha geelna ka dhacay ragna ka laayay marka xaq buu u leeyaahy inuu ka daba tagayo sayidka oo wax ka sheego. xikmadda buuga ka danbaysa waa aano qabiil lol