Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Premiership 2008/2009

nuune   

All Liverpool now need is to score lots of goals so we can pass those Chelsickovichkanovik.

Torres should have had his hat-trick!

Oz   

^^ You guys were lucky, Man city heard ten men with 2 nil up defended well but luck was on your side.

Hull FC a.k.a Tigers, A brilliant free-kick from Geovanni did the damage to continue Hull's brilliant arrival in the top flight for the first time in their history. Hull's wonderful start has now taken them to third place in league table this team amazes me.

Tottenham's boss is in the hot seat :DThe attitude of the players is very positive. In training and working and speaking with the players, my feeling is that they want to finish this situation quickly. But when you don't score goals it is not easy to win.''

Juande Ramos will be sacked!

Did anyone see Peter Crouch over kick!

As for the blues we never struggle, winning against villa is not an easy task, but these stats below says it all: :D

Chelsea Aston Villa

Shots (on Goal) 35(14) 10(1)

Time of Possession 61% 39%

Saves 1 12

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Oz:

^^ You guys were lucky, Man city heard ten men with 2 nil up defended well but luck was on your side.

Err, it was 2-1 when their player was sent off. Besides, the game ended with both teams having ten men.

There was no luck involved there. That second half was one of Liverpool's best in YEARS! They actually managed to string some useful passes together. Still, they'll probably lose to Wigan at home now.

NGONGE   

^^ We have not won it since 1990, saaxib. I reckon my caution is reasonable. Your crazy hope on the other hand (in October too) is just..err..what's the word? what's the word? Oh! M A D! :D

WingA   

Well, Well.. looks like the season is in full swing..

Lads.. Lads.. its early days yet..

so far liverpool are playing well and about time too.. chelsea are looking strong and will be our main rivals again.. this season i'm seeing that the premier league is changing and its becoming tougher and unprediectible which is great for the game..

United havent even got into 3rd gear yet and i cant wait til we get into our stride again..

oh yeah, Norf.. Congrads on the win over us, we didnt play our game and got stuffed.. waiting 4 years for it must hard tho bro.. good luck for the season.. coz you need it with babel and torres out..

salaams..

nuune   

Fantastic display by Liverpool, breaking Chelsea's unbeaten home record, and reducing them into bits :D

Hull City doing wonders, the best new comers ever, any Hull fans here

Arsenal getting back into shape.

Man City's R'ho scoring hat trick, he worth the money indeed.

Man United struglling with rumours sayin Mourinho would take over Alex.

Classic stuff by Spurs on their first win since the start of the season with their new Manager.

WingA   

I enjoyed Chelsea getting stuffed, its getting better and better this season.. i know i know, united are not playing too well but i have faith in them so i'm not worried in the slightest about them retaining the league..

Oz   

nuune congrats its been four years since we lost at home its about time we let loose, I didn't watch the Chelsea vs Liverpool match, it came on a monday morning at 2am but watched the highlights.

This game reminded me of the typical Chelsea-Pool match, when Pool would take 1-0 lead somehow, and then defend for their lives. I know Pool supporters will call it innovative tactics! :D

Overall it was a poor Chelsea performance, Fatboy got his tactics spot on and Phil couldn't come up with anything to break out of the shackles Liverpool put on Chelsea, your left winger was the only real thorn in our side he's a handful.

Anelka is not upto it buddy, we either use him as back up or plain sell him in January. I guess Santo was more of a threat than him. Hope Big Phil gives Santo the start he deserves.

Oz   

it did take rather longer than usual for spurs to burst the bubble, and the victim this time was the gooners from 4-2 to a draw 4-4 :D:D

Somebody said Arsenal ladies could have held a 2 goal lead for the last 5 minutes :D last minute equaliser always feels like a winner, and a loss to the other team. What a come back by the spurs.

Chelsea team should actually be glad the home record is over because now the team will actually go out for the win rather than settle for a draw in fear that we might lose the record.

Chelsea should now pick up even MORE points at home due to less draws, and more wins. Like a "set-the-monster-free" kind of scenario :D Hull was shown how its done at the top.

Fabregas   

^^Arsenal could have won that game 7-3 or 6-2, it was complacency, poor defending that cost the game. Spurs got lucky!

@Norf, Wenger is a stubborn believer in the ability of youth. No problemo, but most teams who win leagues and world cups have the guyz that do the dirty work: the likes Makelele, Keane, Gattuso, and so on and so forth. Arsenal need a Mascherno type players. When Arsenal won titles, they had the likes of Edu, Petit, Viera, Parlous, etc. He(Wenger) sold them all and even got rid of flamini, who was probably the best players last season.

Now you have some attacking minded players like Nasri, Denilson, fabregas, Ramsey, Walcot, who are all good players-but rubbish at defending when under pressure. I have a feeling that Wenger might have realised his mistake and will bring some defensive players in January;otherwise, good bye to the league. And don't get me started on Gallas and the clowns at the back.

Horta, ma la baday what drugz liverpool have been taken this season? That city has a reputation, u know :D:D