Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Dr. Abdiweli, if elected considering giving the PM post to a Somali Woman....

Juxa   

^^ you really think less of us women and our capability to think dont you? you think ineynu nahay mouth-piece of raga naqaba or aan isqabno, latter being the correct term.

Mooge   

According to Abtigiis Somali women only answer based on bed needs. no other thinking capacity.

what a shameful man.

Juxa;865377 wrote:
^^ you really think less of us women and our capability to think dont you? you think ineynu nahay mouth-piece of raga naqaba or
aan isqabno
, latter being the correct term.

lol that made me laugh.

NGONGE   

Juxa;865377 wrote:
^^ you really think less of us women and our capability to think dont you? you think ineynu nahay mouth-piece of raga naqaba or aan isqabno, latter being the correct term.

He has a point though. The one at home will have an influence one way or another. In the same way Cabdulwali's wife seems to have a strong say in his political actions (she even seems to have co-wrote all his books and papers with him). :D

Abtigiis   

The foolish mooge and the rest of sentimental folks parading as modern men should know it is not Juxa who is being invited for dinner. Also even Juxa would probably vote for what her husband believes in. Again, call it shameful, call it male chauvinism, but it is the truth.

Yes, the bed matters and is where big policies are shaped, for men or women alike, as unseemly as it seems.

NG, salaadii jimcahaa taagan oon ku sii ordayaaye, infact Abdiweli's case we can say the wife is the PM. In terms of co-writing his academic papers, i think it is because he is poor academically. I belive she is the Dr. of Economics, but he took the title through her work. Explains the gap between his papers and his practical knowledge.

Abtigi's get ready to go back to Cudbi with a shaved head come Monday...:D Also unlike Cudbi, Dr. Abdiweli's wife is an asset to the team, has her own brain and can contribute positively to the campaign..

All we are seeing is snide comments regarding Abdiweli & no ideas from your candidates. What happened to Hiil Qurun & the likes?

Abtigiis   

NG, I am a geeljire through and through and I want it that way. I do not have to look urbane and modern like Mooge and the other overzelous kids here, proving their match validity to SOL girls. Or to fit the hegemonic liberal social ideas of the day.

Nor I am someone who doesn't like oppossing ideas. For instance, I know General Duke is a damaged good intellectually speaking, but I still enjoy his political commentaries. Now he says Abdiwali's wife is an asset to the team. We don't doubt that. We just think she is promoting an empty husband who has come this far on her shoulders. If she is running, I will vote for her.

Tillamock, arintaa kor uga bax. It is not an insult. Shame on GD for bringing this into this talk, but still it is not an insult. If my wife is not politically active, it is because I am and her ideas complement mine. The reverse is true in Abdiweli's case. His wife is running the country as PM and his ideas (assuming he has any except going to Lido and playing with the sand) are complementing that of his wife. We can't elect a man who cannot run the country if the wife dies.

^^^ My Abtigi's well if as you claim she is the power behind the throne & thus far he alleged influence has done wonders. Then whh not support the team. With Abdiweli's victory you get her as well. Kind of reminds me of how people used to say Hillary Clinton was smarter than Bill. Well that's great but Bill Clinton is still a two term former President.

Abtigi's the " intellectual" clever fellow, who is stuck in making meaningless attacks against a man who if chosen can make Somalia a country to be proud of. Dr. Abdiweli hate him for being Duke's cousin all

You like is a Aman capable of running Somalia better than anyone on the list. He is the right choice. Yes we can, as we say in Garowe..:D

NGONGE   

^^ A&T, I like Duke too and this is why I'm going to switch on you here and help him out a little. :D

When you say that Mrs Cabdulwali is the one who wears the trousers, why not apply the same logic to all those women MPs? After all, they managed to get elected for the jobs and not their men, Maybe they too wear the trousers in their households.

Abtigiis   

My problem with Abdiweli is not personal. It is not driven by clan animosity, personal hate, or self-inetest. I genuinely believe he is not the right man because in him I see a man who is corrupt, nepotistic and divisive. All that is fatal for Somalia.

On the wife, i saw her once. She looks a dignified and intelligent person. You can see the bruises on her shoulders on which she has been carrying the heavy weight of Abdiweli with his sagging belly for long long time. And I think she needs to rest. The last thing I want for her is to keep on carrying this misfit politically, as if all the pain of carrying him academically is not enough. This is about emanucipating a sister too. Abdiweli offers nothing beyond assembling friends and relying on personal loyalties to move his political agenda.

On the contrary, Professor Samater has identified the core of Somalia's predatory politics as absence of political doctrines and party policy lines. Since he transformed his political activism into strategic politics, he is making a progress and this election is just a small phase in the future Hill-Qaran wants to see. still, he has done tremendously well in connecting the HQ ideas to the masses. As a party that champions ideas that do not conform to the dominanat clan framework of the day, it is entirely expected it will be accused of being an elitist. It is an eleitis because only an intellectual elite have the capacity to absorb its ideas of no-qabill. The next challenge is connecting with the masses and tricking its vision down to the people. That is happeing. Prof Samatar is not issuing promising all sides and urging his wife to hold dinners to anyone that is relevant just to get something.

Ngonge, on your question, because I think in Abdiweli we are dealing with an exception and not the rule. :D :D it is still possible some wear the trouser, but very few men hide behind skirts politically in Somalia, so logically, it is possible but not probable.

^^^ You take yourself way to seriously Adeer. It's ironic that Abdiweli is probably close to you in age. Yet more educated, has more power & respect than you. Maybe that's the reason why you are working hard to inslut him at every turn. The man's achivents sets academically & otherwise sets him apart from the likes of Hiil Qaran & Samatars, who are wasting a great deal admiring themselves.

Again your attacks on Abdiweli are no more profound or based on facts than those coming from Dayniile.com, Waagacusub, Amiin Arts and the Marfish circles. That's the real shame in all of this.

My only advice is get the razor ready ..:D