Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Chimera   

I think some sisters jinx themselves by becoming to anxious and fear their chance at love is slipping the moment they pass 24 y/o age. Others spend most of their time Farah bashing and there is no fairytale since the beginning of time that starts with the princess attacking every suitor that comes here way or badmouthing the friends of the suitor. If you're interested in Somali men, logic dictates you should know at least one good brother from your childhood, college, or the neighbourhood that could be a potential spouse or could direct you to someone of your type from amongst his friends. Most of this discussion however reminds me of this topic:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/59576-Lychee-s-take-on-marrige..?

From Farah bashing to a strange epiphany.

Aaliyyah;864628 wrote:
I don't know horta who invented this whole thing about "duco or habaar". Parents can not force on their daughter a man she isn't happy with, and those girls who fall for the duca and habaar walahi they need to wake up. Hoyadaa habaarkeeda iyo abaha way kacayaan, but not in this situation. Ilaahay wa caadil.

Yeah... It could be they are more afraid of being disowned.

Aaliyyah;864628 wrote:
Moving on from that I think it is extremely important how you met your future spouse, I think it plays a key role in how your marriage will play out. And when I say wedding, I don't mean you met a guy at a family wedding through your family or friends. I was talking about a random man chit chating a random girl in the hallway lol "hey pretty I saw your smile across the hallway I couldn't help it you have the most beautiful smile" balh blah iyo wixi la halmaala. Usually random guys chit chating random girls it translates that he probably gave his number to million other chicks in the same wedding. That's why there's huge divorce rate when people meet in that manner. She hardly knows him, and he hardly know her or her family.
dariiqaas uu ka helay dariiqaas haduu kaga dhaqaaqona dee waa wax suurtoowda

lol you sound like habar waayeel :D

Seriously though, most people hardly know each other when they start to get to know each other. I guess this is a personal preference. I think wherever you are is fine and you should be open to the idea of meeting someone, because lets face it, you are already there. Like attracts like. I have a lot of opinions on this subject but don't know enough about this area of life. I'll probably end up laughing at my comments/ideas in a couple of years, so I'm just going to be quiet for now :). I can say however, that I completely agree with you on the sleazy men.

Aaliyyah;864628 wrote:
I know life isn't always white and black. It can be shades of grey lol.. and I do hope life long happiness for everyone. But, I think people should be wary about where they meet someone.

I think I've said this to you before, but I do have a single brother... *cough* He's a young, handsome *cough*, entrepreneur - I'm not even kidding. (Everybody in my family is kind of fabulous, except for me). Anyway, you're such a sweetheart. *cough* Anybody have cough medicine? This cold... :P

Aaliyyah   

Yeah... It could be they are more afraid of being disowned.

That might be a reason. Althou I can't imagine parents disowning their daughters over a petty reason.

lol you sound like habar waayeel

LOL I always get that. So I take that as a compliment. Thanks.

I think I've said this to you before, but I do have a single brother... *cough* He's a young, handsome *cough*, entrepreneur - I'm not even kidding. (Everybody in my family is kind of fabulous, except for me). Anyway, you're such a sweetheart. *cough* Anybody have cough medicine? This cold...
:P

Yeah you did mention your amazing brother before. I am flattered. LOL.....I am also sure you are just as fab as your family. Mashallah.

Chimera   

Life is too short to be catching hell. I rather be with my own, have a beautiful daughter, beautiful wife that look like me.

We'all happy and I don't have no trouble. I ain't that much in love with a woman to go through hell. Ain't no woman that good!

It ain't sad that I want my child to look like me, every intelligent man want his child to look like him.

You can't take [no] Chinese man and give him [no] Puerto Rican woman and [talk] about love, emotional love and physical love, but really there not happy, because she be into Puerto Rican music and he'll be in to Chinese music and they'll be clashing all the time. It's nature to want to be with your own, I want to be with my own. - MUHAMMAD ALI

LOL, I can't believe I share some of his sentiments, considering hatred was imposed on him, while I never suffered that. I especially agreed with the children part. I want mini-versions of myself.

Aaliyyah   

A person wanting to have a child that looks like him/her has no correlation with intelligence. It is simply personal preference.

And interracial marriages usually work if the two people in question are not cultured. So I do agree with him that there might be clashes if people have different cultural preferences.

Black people come from all walks of life and they have different cultures and enjoy different ethnic music. So to avoid cultural clashes one would have to stick with their ethnicity.

Isra   

Wow my old bones can't keep up with you all!

5 lol yea I missed the irony in your comment, still adjusting to the forum world.

Chimera, that's some interesting logic you are peddling, there is no rule that every Somali man or woman know someone from their past that at some point in the future will magically reappear as partner! Lol ... that's the fantasy buddy. Otherwise why would any one resort to website like singlemuslim.com.

YThere is a void in our communal ties people are not meeting. I suggest SOL management consider a similar venture, a somali exclusive singles site, where only the men pay! Lol

I personally support going through family(close members, not that edo whose name you can't remember) and being super hopefully, it worked for me, he's not necessarily Prince Charming of my dreams...but heh he'll do :P

Raamsade   

Aaliyyah;865195 wrote:
A person wanting to have a child that looks like him/her has no correlation with intelligence.

That aint true honey. Take yours truly, a man of supreme and unparalleled intelligence, as an example. He has 8 barefoot rascals all little Einsteins bursting with creativity and superlative intelligence. One of them, his seventh, has registered an impressive IQ of 190. I honored him with the nickname Dhako Fuule. Lowyo weyne and Jeega Dheere aren't that far behind. Even my girls are surprisingly smart like Isniino raran iyo Xujo who can read and write.

Marka it all depends on who you are. But there are pitfalls to watch out for. No matter how smart a Faarax his children will be dullards if he marries the typical Xaliimo. Most Xaliimos are profoundly dull. My theory is the thing between their legs that they cut off during FGM is wired to the brain; so when the thing is cut so is part of their brain.

Chimera   

Aaliyyah;865195 wrote:
A person wanting to have a child that looks like him/her has no correlation with intelligence. It is simply personal preference.

And interracial marriages usually work if the two people in question are not cultured. So I do agree with him that there might be clashes if people have different cultural preferences.

Black people come from all walks of life and they have different cultures and enjoy different ethnic music. So to avoid cultural clashes one would have to stick with their ethnicity.

*Burp"

I'm so sorry dear Aaliyah, I had slight case of ''LOL-I-don't-care-gestion''

Raamsade   

Apophis, Shukran yaa akhi lakin ani ka ma talo qaadanayo eey qoyan iyo nijaasta oo qoro... I know how to raise my kids and that is the old school Somali parenting principle of Dacas on the Madax for any wayward behaviour. If I'm not mistaken even Cadaanka are coming around to this approach. Wasn't there a big brouhaha about Tiger Mother book that posited a stricter or more disciplinarian parenting produces better kids (or was it students?)? Why didn't they just ask me?

Raamsade   

Apophis;865261 wrote:
^^^You do have a point; Asians are not known for going easy on their children and yet ( the kids) achieve highly in school.

Too bad I can't marry Asian women though because they don't know how to feed non-Asian men. I dated this Asian girl while in Uni and she kept serving me these miniture dishes. You'd think I was a 2 year old child. Every now and then I'd gently propose we go out to eat but she'll shoot the idea down with "no, no I cook for you." Balaayo qabtada gaajo ee igu dishey... Ilaahayow naag indhayar ha nagu sedin.

Malika   

Lol@ Raamsade - adigi ba islaa dace, maa istirii? baal marmar dulka laa eega, to avoid tripping on ones own ego. Ha ha @ Xalimo's are dull, haye - did you expect them to hang on chandelier while they cook you feasts and engage with you on matters of the universe?

ps.It sounds like you have issues with women all together - nothing to do with Xalimos and their clitorises.

Juxa   

ladies i fear there is wide spread hatred towards women in this forum. It appears we are nothing but play mates incapable of thinking for ourselves other than airing our husband's views

i know, i know i should not have gone to politics. it is sad that ragii la lahaa they will bring about change actually think so low of their somali sisters.

Equalityeey xaal qaado