Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Chubacka.....As long as you don't start charging us for listening to your ideas:-)

I wonder if two Somalis actually met on these Muslim singles sites or do the Somalis on these sites avoid each other like plaque?

Aaliyyah   

I attended muslimfest yesterday and in the flyers that they were giving out was an offline event for their matrimonial site..and it read restrictions apply you have to be at least 23 first come first serve LOL it sounded pretty serious.... (I remembered this thread then lol)..and no I didn't go I doubt somalis are even there lol..not that I would have even if they were...

Was overall fun day though they had food, some shows/games for kids, bazaars, nasheed singers etc etc

Isra   

lol Aaliyah, that's serious - I wonder if they have a approriate ratio of men vs women...can you imagine if tis 22 men and 1 woman or vice-versa.

Che..I wouldn't be suprised if people met - many of the profiles exclusively note ":ONLY SOMALI SISTERS/BROTHERS"...I am have read way too many profiles lol - I love the London folks

Aaliyyah   

Che I don't know if you will miss out on pretty girls but maybe you will miss out on any girl at all lol if enough girls don't show up that is LOL

Isra, I think there was a quota, like certain number of males and females. But, you are right they could still end up with more males than females or vice versa...Anyways, I don't know much of it just assuming.

FINDING A SOMALI SPOUSE PART 1: Useful tips for the Westernized Somali and the Non-Somali

FOR THE FEMALE

Go to a wedding.

Before you go: Go to a local Somali shop. Ask for the latest dirac. Buy jewelries (no gold). Wear the dirac and the jewelry. Take them off, wear something better. Match with high heels. Wear a lot of eye make-up. Wear even more perfume. Remember: this is your wedding night - well, not your wedding night but your night, so make sure to upstage everyone else, including the bride. Now you are ready to crash a wedding and land your bariis charming.

FOR THE MALE

Go to a wedding.

Lets be honest: it doesn't matter what you're wearing. Just make sure you own a car. Stalk at the entrance of the wedding party venue and make sure you ask every girl whether she needs a ride. Someone will eventually say yes.

With these ancient modern secret tips you are bound to find the spouse of your dreams.

Isra   

I haven't come across this Maaddey character so far. I heart Mr. X. I might change it once I figure out how to upload a pic not already on the selection.

Aaliyyah   

Isra;864472 wrote:
LOL^ how scandalous - what honorable Somali Muslim woman willl accept a ride from a strange man!!!

FAIL!

Did you miss the part where 5 wrote..tip for westernized somali and the non-somali..lol

The honorable woman wouldn't accept to be approached by a random guy in a wedding. Ciyaala kudaaf ayaa inta badan aroosyada ka qaraabta (and I am mainly insulting the males..the girls are just naive and manipulated)..For the most part when a girl meets a guy in a wedding or a party that relationship doesn't flourish to anything serious. And if they do actually get married which is rarity it is short-term wedding, they are divorced the next summer. When you start a relationship at the wrong foot Allah swt will not bless it.

Aaliyyah;864493 wrote:
Did you miss the part where 5 wrote..tip for westernized somali and the non-somali..lol

lol Aaliyah, tell her! She missed that, and also the part where the whole post is meant as an ironic joke. :)

Aaliyyah;864493 wrote:

The honorable woman wouldn't accept to be approached by a random guy in a wedding. Ciyaala kudaaf ayaa inta badan aroosyada ka qaraabta (and I am mainly insulting the males..the girls are just naive and manipulated)
..For the most part when a girl meets a guy in a wedding or a party that relationship doesn't flourish to anything serious. And if they do actually get married which is rarity it is short-term wedding, they are divorced the next summer.
When you start a relationship at the wrong foot Allah swt will not bless it.

I'm not sure I agree with this, Aaliyah. There are those who were given two options: duca ama habaar and who instead of packing their belongings and sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night, chose 'duco' and agreed to marry odaw familka ka mid ahaa, oo laakin uultimada ka shalaayeen.

I also know people who met at weddings who are happily married (of course neither of us knows what can happen in two years time). Life isn't always so black and white. I don't know why people divorce, but I doubt it's because of where they met: I'd say it has more to do with lack of effective communication between the husband & wife.

Aaliyyah   

I don't know horta who invented this whole thing about "duco or habaar". Parents can not force on their daughter a man she isn't happy with, and those girls who fall for the duca and habaar walahi they need to wake up. Hoyadaa habaarkeeda iyo abaha way kacayaan, but not in this situation. Ilaahay wa caadil.

Moving on from that I think it is extremely important how you met your future spouse, I think it plays a key role in how your marriage will play out. And when I say wedding, I don't mean you met a guy at a family wedding through your family or friends. I was talking about a random man chit chating a random girl in the hallway lol "hey pretty I saw your smile across the hallway I couldn't help it you have the most beautiful smile" balh blah iyo wixi la halmaala. Usually random guys chit chating random girls it translates that he probably gave his number to million other chicks in the same wedding. That's why there's huge divorce rate when people meet in that manner. She hardly knows him, and he hardly know her or her family. dariiqaas uu ka helay dariiqaas haduu kaga dhaqaaqona dee waa wax suurtoowda.

I know life isn't always white and black. It can be shades of grey lol.. and I do hope life long happiness for everyone. But, I think people should be wary about where they meet someone.

Juxa   

^^ adiga you exhaust yourself with over-thinking, bal soo ag fariiso ayeeyo but first bring her some shaah!

i think all that matters is that you take your time, getting to know him and his dacas (everything about him, family, jobs,debts, character etc) then if you still think he is the one and you are prepared to do some hard work, believe me it is a job being married to faarax, then bisinka uqabo.

my only objection is waan ku arkay, waan ku cashaqey

Malika   

^Lol@waan ku arkay waan ku cashaqey..lol. Indeed, that would be tragic.

Abaaye, life is too short for all that calculations on a farax - sometimes one has to let go and experience moments of pure madness aka love..living for love..lol