Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Guardian: 2012 will be remembered as the year Somalia, finally, turned the corner

Mooge   

mogadishu-008.jpg

"Mogadishu is a textbook dystopia, ruined buidings reminiscent of the second world war aftermath in Europe. But a new constitituion has offered hopes of a fresh start. After more than 20 years of anarchy and destruction, there is hope in Mogadishu. Thousands of Somali expatriates are coming home from Britain, the US and elsewhere to rebuild the country and stake their lives on the future; there are others who never left and believe their faith will now be rewarded.

"David Smith talks to some of the extraordinary characters who believe 2012 will be remembered as the year that Somalia, finally, turned the corner"

Safia-Yassin-Farah-002.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/19/somalians-planning-better-future

Mooge   

she is very brave and a patriot who wanted to seize on the progress made and get the country moving.

"Mogadishu has never had one, even during the time of the Italians and independence. We want to start from scratch."

Mudane Urbanplanner, you are very wrong. Watch after 8:10 in the clip. Muqdisho had a very professional urban planners. No wonder its avenues and roads were always straight, homes and commercial buildings facing roads, streets were always symmetrical guryo iyo sarar isla siman.

Aad iyo aad ugu faraxsanahay inaa arko urban planner Xamar joogo maanta. Aad iyo aad loogu baahnaa.

raula   

Xiin & Mooge..out of all the ex-pats going back..you only had to pick Safiya..Really :rolleyes:

How about in xildhibaanada lagu daro from the block :D

Mooge   

raula, Ilaahay magaciisa weyn baan ku dhaartay I don't know who faduma yasin is. i don't know her clan and i posted the only picture of women in that list. all i know about her is the little i read in that article. i don't think she lived in nairobi becuse i know most people here.

ha igu dambaabin this time. :)

Aaliyyah   

I do pray 2012 will be the year Somalia finally chooses competent leaders who will begin the progress of rejuvinating the nation.

Anagana dhamaan aan ku dayano inti dhulki hooyo ku noqota say wax u taraan. Dhulku dadkiisa uun baa wax ka dhiga. Somaliweyn midnimo iyo horumar ayaan u rajaynayaa.

raula   

Mooge..lol..kuguma dambaabaayo hadaba..kaftan beey iga aheed...ee xaal qaado ina adeer.

As for Safiya..mar dhaweeyd baan magalada ku arke..marka she's gusty to set foot home..unlike moi <----- :D

Mooge   

raula;861588 wrote:
Mooge..lol..kuguma dambaabaayo hadaba..kaftan beey iga aheed...ee xaal qaado ina adeer.

qalanjo, xaalka laga aqbal. wadna mahadsantay ina adeer.

raula, yours is fair dig with respect to Mooge, but in my case she is the only profile I know in the report...

Libaax , insha Allaah if the current trends continue we will all go back :D

Abwaan   

raula;861532 wrote:
Xiin & Mooge..out of all the ex-pats going back..you only had to pick Safiya..Really :rolleyes:

How about in xildhibaanada lagu daro from the block
:D

raula faraha Ilaah kaama gooyo, kuwaan sida loo wada arkay fiiri. Gabadhaas Soomaaliyeed ma aqaan waxna kama sheegayo laakiin qof kasta oo Soomaali ah oo wanaagsan mid baa burush qabiil la daba ordaya oo xitaa dadka kale ku diraya.

General Duke;861595 wrote:
Safiya Yasin is a lovely lady. Good luck to her..

lol..Kanna day:D Yaab badanaa...

By the way Gabadhaan Soomaaliyeed xushmo weyn baan u hayaa, regardless of which tuulo she is from although I do not know.