Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Why Abdi Bile wasn't Somalia's flag bearer at the Olympics?

i think we're asking a question without an answer here or for that matter without any relevance. abdi bile remains the last sporting umbilical cordto the fascist regime of said barre. he die with that regime and his heroism, place in somali history should be questioned and revised. you dont see Germany glorifying former east german athletes like petra schneider and other drug cheats. they're erased from memory and omitted from the annals of history.

history has show us to that sports remains a powerful tool of governments to project, portray and propagate a particular view of itself. athletes are used for propaganda purposes and as tools of manipulation to steer public sentiments, by virtue of glorifying the heroism of abdi bile and his place in the national psyche, we're in effect echoing and supporting the dictatorial regime of said barre, his human rights abuse and destruction and havoc caused.

in a similar vein, i think samsam and mohamed represent the new vulturous, destructive and violent-prone face of 'somalia'. the real question to be asking here is whether somalia should at all be allowed to participate in the Olympic games. the Olympic game represents peace, prosperity and a value and spirit so far removed from the current and former experiences of the somali democratic republic and 'somalia'.

raula   

Interesting..Alhamdulillah that its Allah s.w. that holds our destiny..for if it were people like such^^^^..mar hore baanu halaagi laheen. Cajiib. Your avatar says plenty about your intolerant emotions. Walaalo, I pray & hope that your views will change..& learn to forgive.indeed "those who give in times of both ease and hardship, those who control their rage and pardon other people – Allah loves the good-doers – (Surat Al ‘Imran, 134)"

Showqi   

Malika;853591 wrote:
^ I dont think the likes of Abdi Bile need justifying to the likes of Alpha - hakuu tagnatoo whatever ciil uu qabo the national hero of his generation.

Malika, Alpha ha la yaabin! Cabdi Bile oo biladii aduunka Soomaaliya keenay ayuu ka cadheysanyahay. Laakiin Mo Farah oo biladihii waddanka Ingiriiska geynayana wuu u sacaba tumayaa......

Showqi;853650 wrote:
Malika, Alpha ha la yaabin! Cabdi Bile oo biladii aduunka Soomaaliya keenay ayuu ka cadheysanyahay. Laakiin Mo Farah oo biladihii waddanka Ingiriiska geynayana wuu u sacaba tumayaa......

Alpha horta yaaba layaabi karaba? :)

Alpha Blondy;853676 wrote:
walahi its ramadan and i'm fasting i don't have any scripts. please stop this character assassination brother NGONGE.

NGONGE iyo Showqi waa HATERS. :) Qofka keIiya oo kuu hiiIaya waa aniga. :)

somalee   

The ''flag bearer'' or anything else really that has anything to do with Somalia is rightly reserved for either The president or the PM's sub-clan members, IMO.

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;853671 wrote:
I think Alpha used the wrong username to make these comments. Love it when scripts malfunction. Heh.

;););) Sxb you made my afteroon..

One thing though, Alpha is always alpha, script or no script. The man suffers an extreme disease known "HATE AND NEGATIVE"..

A_Khadar   

Alpha Blondy;853676 wrote:
walahi its ramadan and i'm fasting i don't have any scripts. please stop this character assassination brother NGONGE.

The man with the character!!!!!! WArYaara sumcada ha uga ciyaarina nooh..