Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Fahima Osman, surgeon and Dove® role model (video)

raula   

Love Love Love Fahima. God bless her!

M-Diini..if he could stop rockin' & the hip hop like charade..easy to follow then. Awesome though!

uchi   

It's an amazing story, well done to her.

How many Somali's are actually in Canada?

200,000?! The only source for that number is either that Somali professor from Calgary or someone from the Canadian Somali congress (I can't remember which). I'd say we are at 60-70,000 at most in Canada (the census puts us slightly below that). I doubt we make up 1/3 of the black population.

^^ Lol you already thinking of asking her hand in marriage to her father just because she is a doctor/surgeon come on.

I applaud her for going against the odd and never giving up on her dream. Relentless does pay off in the end.

ElPunto   

Damn this shit about 'from desert to doctor' - how is it intelligent people allow their entire country and background to be defined as 'desert'. Caku qashinkaan.

ElPunto   

^unique selling point? More like foolish and false self denigration.

Actually if she has the ability to change this bs about desert to doctor - then she has willingly chosen to bash her background in order to make her 'story' all the more 'herioc'. And that takes away from her accomplishments.