Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

Somali-English-Game

Haatu   

Dubrii:

"Wiilkan ina-adeero baanu nahey, kanna wuxuu ii yahey Dubrii"

Sawyoocan:

Duqdii ayadoo careysan bey tiri "oo gurigiisa maxaan ka haayaa? Ma waxaa rabtiin in laygu yeero Sawyoocan?".

Shinbir, Soul patch aa? I don't even know what that is :D

Raamsade   

^I don't thinkso. I think you made up those words. There is no way SAWYOCAAN can be Somali word unless you misspelled it. There is Suyuc (stuffy, musty). Just trust me on this, I helped draft the first Somali dictionary in 1965.

Lets see who knows these words:

Hanfariir

Birinbirqee

Mintid

Xagalfaraar

Raamsade   

Maroodi, wrong! Mintid is mainly used as a verb as in "ninkaas waxaas oo ku mintidey." It means to focus/strive/try your best at something.

Showqi   

Mintid = some one who doesn't give up = a fighter

Birinbirqee = jumping up and down in a pool of water. you can say Birinbirqee is same as dancing in the rain, or was it Waxaraha yar yar MarKay bood boodayaan:confused:

Xagalfaraar! Do you mean Xagalfalaar?

Hanfi = humid.... Hanfariir = humidity

Haatu   

Raamsade, I kid you not, those words are real. I might have misspelled sowyoocan but Dubrii I have not.

Dubrii: the proper word for Ina-Abti.

Sowyoocan: adj, a lady who is constantly in the house of her married son.

Are you sure you helped write the Somali dictionary? :D

Neef-ka-roon-dil

Raamsade   

Haatu, you silly child... how can I help draft Somali dictionary in 1965 when Somali didn't have standard written script till 1972 (or was it '71?)? Clearly you're in urgent need of remedial classes in Somali history. I'm volunteering to offer to you my vast knowledge in Somali history at no cost. And as a added bonus you get to see my impressive collection of wigs free of charge.

And please don't post words from colloquial Somali. No one is interested in peculiar terms used only by a bunch of dhaanto dancing longfoots from Wardheer. Post only Standard Somali.

Showqi, you're not bad my son.

Xagalfaraar means a depression. It is a compound word from Xagal which is the back of the knee joint (ever heard the saying "waa in loo xagal-laabtaa arrintan adeg?") and faraar which means a dent. It usually refers to a depressed area where water accumulates at the end of the rains.

Hanfariir means fear/trepidation.

wyre   

Coloow

I Know What it means but we need you to translate to my SOL brother, whom I Said coloow and did not understand what i meant :D

wyre   

Juxa;875429 wrote:
Col= enemy. Col also means anger/upset

Coloow = name given to unfriendly or shy or quite person

Thanks Juxa :D