Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

Don't Mess With Somalis

Wadani   

Oday somali, im happy there are dignified geesiyaal like urself still amongst our people. All hope is not lost.

Chimera;831080 wrote:
I agree with Oday, most of you live in a bubble and
have no idea of how other communities perceive you, or how those who feel ill-will towards your people
would like to promote a certain view, or stereotype, and thus cloak it in the form of comedy, or biased surveys and studies.

They piss on your head, and you think its raining

Well said and I agree. esp bearing in mind the frosy relations between Jams & Soms in London.

OdaySomali;831651 wrote:
LOL I have yet to see Somalis defending or care for other Somalis as they defend other ethnicities ranging from Ethiopian domestic workers, South African looters and now not-so-funny Jamaicans.

p.s. Bluelicious, I have not been 'hurt' by Jamaicans no, but there are countless elderly Somali women in London who are harrassed, abused and have their headscarfes pulled off by Jamaicans because of their disdain for "Somalians". As Chimera said, perhaps Somalis should familiarise themselves with, or ask a Somali living in London, how the Jamaicans feel/behave towards you Somalians before you laugh for insults/jokes that are rediculing you.

For those of you who are not from the UK/London, Jamaicans have a severe hate/dislike for Somalis; they also have a tendency to try distance themselves from "dutty" Africans for some reason. The fact that his 'sketch' is even about Somalis, i.e. we are the topic, says a lot. For Jamaicans, "Somalian" is used as a pejorative word, hence why in the sketch his 'friend' asked himself "A Somalian, be cheeky with me?" so for someone from the UK to be laughing for (insults presented as) jokes that are blatantly ridiculing them, is just absurd.

I find it unacceptable that you attack us with insults for us having a different opinion then you and just because we laughed at a video how silly is that. We are entitled to have our own opinion and don't need to have the same opinion as you but we do have to respect each other and each others opinions. You can't just insult someone for having a different opinion then you because that says alot about you and your intelligence. Nowhere did we advocate that we like Somalis to be bashed or are against our own community those are just your assumptions about us. You are taking this way too serious and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Narniah   

Like I said this is just Comedy, if some of you are too sensitive and can't take a joke, well too bad. I found the video funny, If you don't like it that's your choice no one is forcing you, but there's no need for the needless banter. People sometimes are going to say something about you that you might not like, tough luck it's part of life.

Somalis can be racist too, and you all know it so chill a lil.

Narniah;831676 wrote:
Like I said this is just Comedy, if some of you are too sensitive and can't take a joke, well too bad. I found the video funny, If you don't like it that's your choice no one is forcing you, but there's no need for the needless banter. People sometimes are going to say something about you that you might not like, tough luck it's part of life.

That's what I tried to tell them too.

Narniah   

Bluelicious;831677 wrote:
That's what I tried to tell them too.

Some people are just uptight by nature, they'll see what they wanna see. I didn't appreciate the subtle jabs and the low blows, for simply posting a lil comedy.

Thanks Blue.

Narniah;831684 wrote:
Some people are just uptight by nature, they'll see what they wanna see. I didn't appreciate the subtle jabs and the low blows, for simply posting a lil comedy.

Thanks Blue.

I agree with you atleast he know realised what he did was wrong and apologised. You were not here at the time so I thought it was my responsibility to defend me you and the others. It's the least I could do and he can't talk like that about you since you were the topic maker.

No one talks bad about my ride and die chick :D

OdaySomali - I accept your apology but you have lost my respect because of your small mindedness.

Ps All of the things said to OdaySomali also apply to Chimera. You guys are overly sensitive men.

Bluelicious, too bad that what I said is true:

But the funny thing is that even though what I said may sound extreme ("Tyrone, the sangadhuudhi gaal, son of Shaniqua, aan xaarka iska maydhin, descendent of slaves and drug-induced thugs is trying to talk about Somalis"), tasteless jokes go both ways, but its illuminating that you find the Somali version entertaining but are offended by my Jamaican adaption :D

Tyrone/Shaniqua = Typical name for them.

Gaal = majority of them are, our pal Richard probably is too.

Sangadhuudhi = its something that he is, Somalis use words to describe people by appearance (cad-cad, timo-jilic, dhego-cas, jareer, nick-names e.g. cali gaab, buur-madoow etc. ... its not neccesarily pejorative.

Gaaladu xaarka iskama maydhaan, no istinja = true

Jamaicans are decendents of slaves = fact.

Smoking weed is a Jamaican pastime, no joke.

Narniah;830608 wrote:
What's with the
hakagagaga
tho lmao Gosh we're not American Indians!
:D
:rolleyes:

rasaas waaye, oo lagu metelayaa. "From two years old, carry the gun, hakagagaga" + hand/gun gestures.

Narniah;831676 wrote:
People sometimes are going to say something about you that you might not like, tough luck it's part of life.

Thats besides the point. Its granted that people will say things about you that you might not like. The point is that i'm not going to sit there and denigrade myself by laughing at & pretend to enjoy what is blatant and relentless pejorative caricaturing, entirely negative, targetted at my ethnic group. Not least because it speaks volumes about the underlying views that the person holds of Somalis that he is now disseminating to many others.

OdaySomali;831693 wrote:
Bluelicious, too bad that what I said is true:

But the funny thing is that even though what I said may sound extreme ("Tyrone, the sangadhuudhi gaal, son of Shaniqua, aan xaarka iska maydhin, descendent of slaves and drug-induced thugs is trying to talk about Somalis"), tasteless jokes go both ways, but its illuminating that you find the Somali version entertaining but are offended by my Jamaican adaption
:D

Tyrone/Shaniqua = Typical name for them.

Gaal = majority of them are, our pal Richard probably is too.

Sangadhuudhi = its something that he is, Somalis use words to describe people by appearance (cad-cad, timo-jilic, dhego-cas, jareer, nick-names e.g. cali gaab, buur-madoow etc. ... its not neccesarily pejorative.

Gaaladu xaarka iskama maydhaan, no istinja = true

Jamaicans are decendents of slaves = fact.

Smoking weed is a Jamaican pastime, no joke.

Stop right there don't put words in my mouth I never said that. I couldn't care less what you are saying about them, I was talking about myself and the others not about your Jamaican version eventhough your so called joke was true you could have formulated it differently. It's not what you say it's how you say it and it came across to me as you being angry about our replies that's why I said so much hatred in one post besides I was talking about the whole post not one lil part.

Showqi - Start reading from page one and you will know :D

Showqi   

Blue, I have red the entire three pages, it's funny and entertaining how you guys attack each other:D I am on the bench and applauding for Mr. Odey:p

OdeySomali, dagaalka waan kugula jiraa:cool: saxiib ii sheeg yaan ku bilaabaa!