Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Roadmap Spoilers Warned

N.O.R.F   

ElPunto;825347 wrote:
Why is there such a fuss about rejection and spoilers? There will be a vote by the Isimida coming to Mog - presumably they represent their clans. If they find the constitution not to their liking they can have their say then. All that is needed is a clear draft of the constitution and those opposing to state what articles they are opposing and how they would change it. It's time to attempt for a constructive way forward rather than this.

Its the Somali way to disagree with something yet to be released for discussion :D

I just hope for calm heads and those with Somalia at heart win the day.

Haatu   

^ war me n abtigiis are mujahideen fighting in the hawd. Kenyaan iyo xabashi labaduba ma nihin. Besides, I renounced my kenyanness long ago (yacni kibaandhaheyga webiga Gaarissa mara baan ku tuurey) :D

PS: My passport waxa iga xiga a trip to the embassy ;)

A discussion about the new draft will be held. That is where the right amendments will be adopted if needed.

Spoilers are those trying to derail or prevent from the gathering of constitutional assembly. It is sad it takes external forces to keep them in check so the process of ending the transition can come to fruition.

ElPunto   

What was it that was said about Palestinians - they never miss an opportunitiy to miss an opporutunity. We never miss an opportunity to engage in pointless debate and hoo-haa. Actually the TFG would have been better served to use the 1960 constitution as the basis forward with the only change being the country is now federal and power is decentralized. Rather we get this waste of itme.

ElPunto   

^Draft can be interpreted in many ways. I mean the new constitution should be exactly like 1960 with clauses removing centralization and adding decentralization.

Mario B   

Che -Guevara;825348 wrote:
AS is convenient scapegoat. It won't come under one authority while Prime Minister and President are undercutting each other and any Oday can derail every process by simply opposin

So you don't support Al shaabab, good! As for PM and President undercutting each other, well as long are not killing each then they can work to implement the bits they agree on, and don't tell the me they don't see eye to eye 100% of the times. :D

ElPunto,

Today's draft is not a radical departure of 1960 constitution. It complements and reflects current realities on the ground. In some clauses, it is a much improvements of 1960. Immigration is a case in point. 1960 constitution was very ambiguous with respect to who is Somali citizen.

The problem is partly people who are commenting and taking their nonsense in the public airwaves have been honest so far.

Laakiin waan usoo jeesannay meeshay geli lahaayeen baa la rabaa , doofaarta :D

Mario B   

ElPunto;825364 wrote:
What was it that was said about Palestinians - they never miss an opportunitiy to miss an opporutunity. We never miss an opportunity to engage in pointless debate and hoo-haa. Actually the TFG would have been better served to use the 1960 constitution as the basis forward with the only change being the country is now federal and power is decentralized. Rather we get this waste of itme.

Agreed, what regions need is power to raise taxes, policing and judicial powers. Elected governers for all 18 regions, regional assemby, elected mayors. This devolution of power will work better than this chaos we call federism now.

^^Mario B, it will be gradual. Nothing happens like that awoowe , it needs gradation.

kiniinigaba kuuro kuuro baa loo cunaa waryaa, hal marbaad rabtaad inaad Soomaali 60 xabbo oo antibiyootik ah siisid. Waa warki Yalaxow :D

Haatu   

Mario B;825375 wrote:
Agreed, what regions need is power to raise taxes, policing and judicial powers. Elected governers for all 18 regions, regional assemby, elected mayors. This devolution of power will work better than this chaos we call federism now.

If this is not wisdom then nothing is. I believe most Somalis won't reject this. If you are in say Bu'aale, would you want to be controlled by someone in Kismayo or in Bu'aale?

This is the way forward for giving more powers to the local authorities without undermining the central government.

Carafaat   

ElPunto;825369 wrote:
^Draft can be interpreted in many ways. I mean the new constitution should be exactly like 1960 with clauses removing centralization and adding
decentralization

decentralization iyo federalism are two diffrent things. you can have decentralization and regions managing own affairs without federalism.

Haatu, waa inta dastuur ku leeyahay ee taageer waryaa

Midda kale reer Bu'aale anaa aqaan oo wallaan cidina xukumiba karin, war niman baas :D

Haatu   

War xiinoow, although I don't agree with some parts of it, I already declared my support for it because danta guud baa ku jirtaa. Besides, waa la bedeli karaa; either in the upcoming conference or future governments.

But what I don't support is certain administrations undermining dawladda dhexe iyo calan yaddan xun-xun oo faraha badan (including the Azania one too ;) ).

PS: There's a reason why I used reer Bu'aale as an example :D