Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

After the Dream of Recognition Dies Down, NGONGE and Oodweyne Disappear from the Forum

Idinku ma aragteen...

Oodweyne, I was told, was marching with his toka at Gaashaamo to fend off the attacks of Abdi Iley. Somaliland recognition is no longer a priority for him.

NGONGE ? Blue gii buu lasoo baxay baa la yiri

ps. where my friend Aw Tusbaxle ?

A_Khadar   

Interestingly, this morning my way to work, NG crossed my mind and wondered if he is okey. I didn't notice Oodweyne's absence that much but the serious Arab, NG.. Hope they both are doing okey..

Xiinfaniin with or with out recognition as long as Somalilanders rule their country they have a future

President SIilaanyo

Breakaway Somalis call for world recognition

Residents of Somalia's breakaway Somaliland state thronged the streets of the capital Wednesday to celebrate 20 years since splitting from the rest of Somalia and to demand world recognition.

Thousands watched a parade staged to commemorate the occasion during which colourful groups from civil society marched, walked, or danced along Independence Avenue, followed by a full military parade.

"I've been here since four in the morning and there were many people here before me," said Mohammed Omer, a university student. "I'm here because my country is not recognised but I am still proud of our achievements."

Somaliland's president Ahmed Mohamed Silaanyo watched the procession from under a huge banner which read: "The international community is obligated to accept the will of the people."

He said Somaliland, a former British protectorate in the north of Somalia, would not stop seeking world recognition.

"I say to the people of Somaliland that our efforts (to achieve recognition) will not end. Even if Somaliland stands alone for 100 years, and we have not achieved recognition, then we will continue to strive for that goal, god willing."

Whereas Somalia proper has been mired in violence since the 1991 ouster of president Siad Barre, Somaliland has enjoyed relative stability.

Interior minister Mohamed Abdi Gabose told AFP he was happy for Somaliland and its citizens.

"The citizens believe they have done enough. Now we are looking to the international community.

"With patience and with energy, Somaliland is going in the right direction. Somaliland is an island in the middle of a chaotic and unstable region, and we just want to live peacefully with our neighbours."

The independence day celebrations were attended by an official delegation from neighbouring Djibouti, the only official foreign representation in attendance.

The head of the Djibouti team, Ougoureh Kifle Ahmed, said formal recognition of Somaliland was a possibility, especially in light of the impending division of Sudan into two distinct countries.

"The door is open to all possibilities for the modification of former boundaries," he told AFP.

Its like the hungry cat which was jumping tirelessly to catch a dangling piece of meat, when it realized it could not reach it, she said, (UUUFF HILIB BAAN ADUUNKA U NECBAHAY). now our landers are saying uuuuf ictiraaf baan aduunka u necebnahay.;)

I don't know about the Oodka, but the oldman, NGONGE has been spotted in the streets of Hargaysa. Hargaysaan Booth ka furayaa oo rag marqaansan ku waraysanayaa baa laga soo sheegay, Bal JB ha la waydiiyo odayga meeshuu geeyay. :)

A_Khadar   

Mukulaalow;821035 wrote:
their role is being filled by fanatic XX and part time unionist Carafat.
;)

:D:D@fanatic XX.. In need he is..

Blessed, you are the bearer of the good news I was eager to hear, that NGONGE would one day walk the talk and do something meaningful for his people. It is good to hear that he is safe and sound oo weliba dhex mushaaxayo streets of H town.

Oodweyne is a great friend of mine, despite the rhetoric and passion for local politics, teh man is asset for Somalia and is amongst the educated cream.

XX, and Jacayl awalba naa-naalayaal bay ahaayeen, oo warfaafintaa lagu qaybshay :D, waxba lama weydiiyo

Blessed   

Oodweyne is an asset for Somaliland, adeer, Somaliland. Xaajiga meel hakaga dhicin but I see what you're doing, dhirbaaxo dheer oo bold iyo itelics ba leh wuu soo wadaa bi'idni laah. :)

^^:D :D @ on the emphasis on 'land' & bi idni laah

War ilaahay weel weyn baa lagu baryaa, and he knows it. It is a matter of finding a face saving formula so he can serve his country , Somalia. :D

Wallee carabkii NGONGE ahaa xiniinyuu iska baaray hadduu maanta Hargeyso joogo, oo lagu maadsanayo unless of course Jacaylbaro uu meel gaar ku qariyey oo isaga iyo reer waqooyiga kala ilaalinayo :D

Abtigiis   

Xinny, waan joogaa.

Ngonge siday oo kale ayuu hawl kale ku jiraa oo nafta nasinayaa.

Ngonge hadaad imaqlaysid fadlan meeshaad joogto ayaan imanayaa May 06 ee ha tagin ee isug! Hadii xilligaa ka hor aad baxaysid ii shoo sheeg si aad Nairobi noogu soo martid.