Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali Father Beats 10year Stepson to death

Neighbors of dead child suspected issues at home

By: Ryan Whalen

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Neighbors of Abdifatah Mohamud said they were saddened Wednesday by news of the ten-year-old's death, but some said they suspected there may have been issues in the home.

Buffalo Police responded to a missing person call Tuesday night on Guilford Street in Buffalo. There, they found ten-year-old Abdifatah Mohamud dead in the basement.

"There were certain indication that the victim had been beaten and it was certainly a disturbing scene," Buffalo Police Chief Dennis Richards said.

The boy's stepfather, 40-year-old Ali-Mohamad Mohamud, has been arrested and pleaded not guilty Wednesday to second degree murder charges.

In court, the prosecution said the boy had been beaten, his hands were bound, and there was a sock duct-taped in his mouth.

"The defendant is alleged to have given a statement to the Buffalo Police. It's further alleged that he made certain admissions, which I'd rather not detail at this time," Assistant District Attorney Thomas Finnerty said. "It's simply too early in the process."

Neighbors said Abdifatah had issues with his stepfather on several occasions.

"The boy kept telling us stories how his father is always beating him up and how one day he called the police and came running over here to hide," Abdifatah's former babysitter, Joseline Furaha, said.

"Lately, things just have been very upsetting down there. We don't know what it is, but you can feel something's not right when the child don't come out like it used to," neighbor Angelette Perry said.

The child went to International Preparatory School in Buffalo. Neighbors said he was well-known in the community and was very smart.

"He would come here and ask me to help with his homework and stuff. He would ask me about my school and like try to do my homework and he would kind of get it," Furaha said.

"It's sad to know I'm not going to see this little boy playing with my nephew any more," Perry said.

Ali-Mohamad Mohamud is scheduled to appear in court for a felony hearing Monday.

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/top_stories/581101/neighbors-of-dead-child-suspected-issues-at-home/

Juxa   

Subxanallah, i hope it is not true that the step father killed him

AUN to the child, it is very sad

xiimaaya   

Juxa;820468 wrote:
Subxanallah, i hope it is not true that the step father killed him

AUN to the child, it is very sad

what do you mean i hope the the step father didnt kill him? you have a story right infront of your eyes why is not so hard to believe he killed him? its like your on his side or something...

as for that ******* i hope he gets abused and made into a ***** in prison..

Horta marka koobaad, AUN wiilka yar. Su'aasha labaad oo isweydiin u baahan waxeey tahay, wiilkaan aaway hooyadiis, oo maxeey uga taktay nin aan dhalin? Weligaa ilmahaada qofna haku aaminin.

What a sad story. AUN saqiirka. According to article, the abuse has been going on for while, I wonder if the mother was also going through the same type of beating.

Showqi   

Inallilaahi wa inaa ileyhi raaficuun.

Odeygu in aanu fiyoobeyn baa laga yabaa oo ay wax u dhiman yihiin. Wiilka yar hooyadiis lagama hadlin ee tolow iyadana maxaa ku dhacay!!!

Narniah   

This is so tragic, the community and the family has failed this boy. How can anyone not have noticed anything? I'm sure he was beaten before. The kid is same age as my little sister, May Allah grant him Jannah ameen.

ina lilahi wa ina ileyhi raja'uun, as much as this haunts me I know that lil abdifatah is now With God, InshaAllah he's now finally safe.

wyre   

It seems as if i know that man, laakiin malaga yaabaa in bas alle uu ku dhintay gaaladaan waa cadowe dusha ka saareyso, As it happened long time ago, gabar yar baa musqul ku dhex geeriyootay abtigeed oo aan waxba ka ogeyn baa xabsi ugu jiro illaa hadda, more than 8 years

The stepfather was angry because the boy, a fifth-grader at the International Preparatory School on Clinton Street, had fallen behind in his homework, law enforcement officials said.

There are a lot of mentally ill Somalis in the diaspora. Whether its due to trauma they have suffered or something else, only god knows. Homework kulahaa :confused: its always a favourite excuse but its more to do with outing his frustrations out on the child. Did he expect him to do more homework when he was dead ? :confused: Inkaari kugu dhacday.

But its typical of the Somali people. Axmaqnimo waa u hiddo iyo dhaqan. Naxariis ma yaqaanaan. Hence why their country is in the state that it is in. Isuma naxariistaan, looma naxariiste e'.