Sign in to follow this  
Mukulaalow

Anyone from Cleveland?

Mukulaalow, you are visiting family members that cool, but otherwise that place as other nomads mention above is no place for fun. Cincinnati is the only place in the entire state of Ohio worth mentioning or visiting. Columbus is another **ity city ;)

Arch, I have never been to Dearborn, but it's known to be home of the largest Arab community in the US. Some area of it is nicknamed the Beirut of the Midwest. It's also the home to Ford Motor Company. Anyway, if you ever go to Michigan just stay away from Detroit and Flint!

A_Khadar   

Drove through Cleveland several times my way to Buffallo, NY. The place is scary and deserted. I was Columbus OH over the weekend, my second trip and glad it was busy week where many out of staters came.

Arch, Dearborn it cool place with lots of Arabs.. Also check Ann Arbor where most somalis from Michigan live in..

Jacpher   

Mr. Yaanyuuroow: Since King James left Cleveland, korontada ayaa ka go'da sometimes so be ware. Kidding. I drove through it couple of times but word on SOL is to avoid it like Detroit.

Archdemos: You gonna enjoy Dearborn especially the diversity.

I have been to Cleveland several times for work. I never ventured beyond the City Center other than taking the train from airport to the city center and vice verse. The city was hit hard by collapse of the housing market and entire neighhorboods have been abondoned, houses left to collect dust and decay.

Nin-Yaaban;817753 wrote:
MMA waxaan xasuusta mar inaad tiri, Borderka lagaasoo celshay adigoo usoo socotid Marxuun (AUN) Fairfax, Va lagu duugoyo. Markaas ma ogiyii, markale matimid?

Horteed ayaa degnaan jiray, xaaji. Baltimore ayaa degnaan jiray. Alexandria, Virginia, iyadana waa booqan jiray oo qaraabo badan deganaa. That was intaanan Kanada u soo guurin. Detroitna waa soo joogay. Waxaaba mooday the downtown of that city meel Cali Mahdi iyo Caydiid ku dagaalameen oo homeless madoow bas kusoo haray oo qasacooyin iyo dhalooyin ku aruurinaayo in with their shopping carts.

Why drag Columbus into this, all the people making negative comments have you been Victorian village, Italian village, bexley, clintonville, Ohio state campus, Grandview, renoldsburg, Powell, German village, brewery district, worthington, Dublin, delaware, arena grand, Easton, Polaris,

Downtown, Hilliard or upper Arlington? The answer is most likely no and all you have been to is a few coffee shops up north where most Somalis live and decided Columbus is a ghetto. Am a East coast native but I have yet ro find anything better then the buckeye state in the Midwest. Yes Cleveland is a dying city but nothing beats cinci and the cbus in the whole Midwest.

^^Waryaa Naxar, awoowe I haven't seen much of the city but the little I saw was an eyesore at the time. I visited a family few years back and It is possible I didn't explore the city well enough to give a better judgement. My visit was short (just 3 days). It seems you know the city better tthan I do.

But then again many Somali who visits Columbus come away with same feeling. I am not alone. :)

It's unfortunate but all of you go to the same place and form your opinions of the city based on that. Next please let me know lol. Am not gonna lie, I literally run away from the city during Somali week but then again I now have a reason to stay which is all of you are getting the wrong impression of the city lol. But then again most visitors are kind of wild.

^I am East Coaster, somehow we believe anything west of these shores with except of the West Coast is just shitty, unfair assessment but its boost to our ego:D

The overall pic I am getting from Cleveland is scary, so i may let the friend i am visiting to meet me at Minneapolis. Thanx for the advice guys,