Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Interview: Abdullah Yusuf's Historic and Truthful Interview with Universal TV

Abtigiis   

Yes, the man made some horrendous political mistakes. Yes, his one-dimensional political convictions and 'I-only-can-sort-out-somalia' mentality has made him take some bizzare decisions which had fatal consequences. But as I always said Yey is not a man who lies about his past or present. And I have to confess that listening to this interview (link below) is an eye-opener for anyone whose version of facts is coming not from the concerned horse's mouth, but from sheep that were in the vicinity of the action but did not partake in the grazing. And we all agree yey is not a man who knows what lies or twisting facts are about!!

In this candid video, Abduallhi Yusuf's intellect is clearly showing. His foresight and convictions are all there to see. We may hate his politics, his power-hunger, but judgement on historical figures need not be about total vilification or total adulation. Give the man his due and praize him for refusing to surrender soldiers to be killed after the defeat of the somali army. Extol him for the heroic 'balanbal and goldogob are part of somalia' stance, inside the belly of the enemy. Given the delicate nature of his politics in those days, few could have taken that risk. A risk which turned into a solitary confiement for him for nearly 5 years.

And I am not falling heels over head for this man, simply because he is a look-alike of my father. Yes, that influences me a bit but not to the extent of making me lose any drop of remaining objectivity.

Hail the Yey of Mudug, a man who lived like a lion and died like a lion.

A diiga yeeyo giitayo dunida joogeeyn

jahanama la geeyoyo hadad aakhiro u jahaade

wajigaagi fuusha xuma ayo aboor ka dargayeey

dalkeeni iyo dadkeeni baad ku xaarteyey

Jahanama ku waaro saaxibadaha sheydan iyo johnny walker nogo salaan.

oh meesha u see reservgaree qolal, tfg, faroole, silaanyo & all the fuleey warlords that lick amxaar butts.

No reason to remain us of Hiltler wannabee niggas!! any true blooded somali with a natural common sense can out do these munaafaq warlords that have stuffed down our nations throat. We should not warwar for these nacasiis one bit. The earlier they expire, the better off we are as nation.

UZTAAD   

A&T,thanks for sharing this historic interview of late president Yusuf. I have listened this interview and learned allot insight about Somali history and how things go wrong in our nation but i would have liked had the Universal TV taken longer interview because abdullahi yusuf was ready to share more information about the country's history hopefully we will get more details in the book that the late president wrote before his passing away

STRUGGLE AND CONSPIRACY

Samafal   

It was very good he gave an interview and wrote a book for the next generation of military men. There're a lot we need to learn from him. Never again we should overthrow goverments, never again should we start an armed rebellion and never again should we trust Habashis.

Jacpher   

Soomaalidu bilaash uma oran cey hadaad rabtid guurso, amaan hadaad rabti dhimo. The later rings true for the late president.

^no, thats not true at all, how many men have passed away before him. The fact of the matter is, qofku inta uu noolyahay waa la challenge gareeyaa ama lala baratamaa balse marka uu dhinto inta badan runta ayaa laga sheegaa wuxuu ahaa, and that rings a bell here.

An insightful interview indeed. His condor and principled honesty is the very reason many adored the late President. He was a real soldier who always found solace in being truthful. AUN. Dambigiisana Ilaahay ha dhaafo.

NASSIR   

This exclusive interview sheds light into his mysterious past. In fact, much of the wrong perception held about Yusuf by our society can be traced to the manufactured lies peddled against him by Barre's regime. He was demonized for his stance against the communist policies, the strategic miscalculation of the 1977 war even after giving advice to cut short the losses inflicted on the Somali national army because they were up against formidable allied forces. The most interesting part of the interview is upon his decision to cross over to the Kenyan border following the aborted coup. He was summoned to Mogadishu and he would've been executed had he gone there. But it's surprising the Kenyan government was apprehensive of cross border retaliation from the Somali side and had therefore denied him political asylum. Another interesting part was his effort to consolidate the position of opposition groups in the eyes of the public. If he were successful, a unified opposition group would have minimized the clan-centric tendencies and saved the nation from the bloody civil war which ensued right after the collapse of the regime.

Fazliyah   

Here is gabay waano ah oo awoowgey tiriyay may years ago A.U.N

Lilaahi iyo laakiin waa kala sareeyaane

Liibaanta guud iyo haday sharafta kuu laaceen

Cabdulaahiyow lalama wado ceeb ninkii lulayay

Kuwa dacayda soo lalinayoo cadowgu laaluusho

Oo inuu na ciirsado kufrigu lacag yar loo siiyo

Lafaheena gaalka isku jabin

Liitahaan garan markii liidarkeenu isku go'o labada geesoodba

Lubnaan iyo waxey nala rabaan leenka falastiine

Liibaan gumeyste isku diray labo walaalo ahe...