Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Meher-keeda?

NGONGE   

^^ She speaks good English now and is catching up at school. But, she's a woman (in the making) and she's mad as all the rest of them. War aniga iga maqal, they are born that way. The sooner you realise it, the sooner you'll accept it and embrace it.

Aaliyyah   

Bob, asked a valid question. I am waiting for the answer as well lol..just to get an idea! and whats with heedhe thats personal..most of you are anonymous or so I would think. mise waad is taqaniin qaarkin oo waad xishonasiin. No ceeb in saying the truth lol

salaam

BOB   

NGONGE, I can’t just accept something that I’m not sure of, naga daa dee! If women are indeed as mad as you say they are then mine won’t be one of them because sure as hell I’m going to cure her insanity with my special Wamo Power, ever tried that herb yet NGONGE? ;)

Sayid, Thanks bro, that is wonderful to hear and YES that’s exactly how it should be. :)

I know a guy whose wife refused to share a bed with him UNTIL he paid her full meher…what a woman! :)

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ There goes a man who will live to learn the hard way. Typical Somali nooh! :D

p.s.

I pay all my bills on time, including meher. :P

Artan   

I'm not paying for meher (getting married soon), I find it to be like if a man is paying a hooker for companionship, it makes no sense. I will give my wife roses, or sweet words, whatever works, without any costs upfront.

BOB   

^^^I wouldn't want it in any other way to be honest, life will be dull if we were never to make mistakes besides my whole life has been about making mistakes and learning from them. :)

PS. Did you pay your bill by ca$h, credit or cheque?

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

bills eh, on time eheh,

on average I witness 5 divorces each month, being the wadaad in the town makes life easier as I am called each time to settle the dispute of meher, mostly the men asks for installments, some men don't agree to pay anything, others pay the full amount plus asks for return of the dahab(in this case, the woman is in losses), so most of the them might not ask for meher due to the men asking for return of the gold.

on another average, I attend 10 engagements monthly, that makes it up for the 5 divorces, but I do get paid good when there is divorces than marriages, I don't ask for rates, but take whatever being offered, and divorces, the rates get multiplied, that is why I pray to God that the divorce numbers should increase.

Artan   

Nuune, this meher thing is very archaic, I stand to make alot of money, but now I'm a college student ready to drop college for business in Somalia (there are many opportunities, if you can't find them, you aren't a business man), all that I desire is loyalty, a woman (especially a somali one) only wants your money and nothing else. This is the same for most women who grew up in the west, don't forget most of them aren't even virgins, why should I pay the meher? I'm not paying a penny even if I were rich. It is what it is.

NGONGE   

Please note for your future information and records that I think women are mad, NOT pieces of meat.

(Don't want my message to get lost in amongst the nonsense).

Juxa   

Malika i loved your story, indeed the kindness and generousity is what will be remembered and missed. in fact it is what we women love about our somali men. bless indeed.

Bob, you keep saying you wont marry like tasbiix oo kale, ee see wax ujiraan! let me give you waano aan la ii dirsan, xanuunkasta can be healed, qofkasta can be forgotten, insha allah waxan kugu duceeyay guur qeyr qaba iyo gabar mu'minad ah oo ku xujeyn. Adigana hade waxa laga rabaa niyad fiican, qalbi nadiif ah inaad alle ku barido

faatixa!

ps: Ngonge yaad ka gadee sheekadaa

Did you hear about the guy who paid a kilo of gold for every pound his wife was? I said to the person who told me that, either

a). That is one of those typical somali waxaa la yiri exxergrated sheeko

b). The Girl was made out of gold

c). Dude is/was a pirate

d). Dude was a dumb azz sob-and didnt know what a kilo of gold was worth.or would be worth.

e). Dude was very smart...

Aaliyyah   

Artan walaal you misunderstood the whole concept of meher. First of all meher is a must and is part of islam. You can't say I'm not paying anything..however, ask yourself what is it? You act as if its huge amount of money. It is whatever your bride to be asks you? If she says I want roses and sweet words so be it. But you have to give her something..that's the bottom line.

Lool@ sayid somali. Why is a married man with kids wondering whether he can afford my meher or not. War heedhe focus on your family.