Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Dream JOB

mine has to be a 'riddims' producer in jamaica or be the president of somaliland(like every somali man lol, yet mine will be consolidated by my divine destiny)! neither is likely so i'll settle for what i've got and work to better myself and be a 'careerist'.

Carafaat   

Alpha, I didn't know you had political ambitions. Wouldn't you want to make history as the father of Somali Arts and Culture?

My ideal job would be teaching students philosophy under a tree on the Mountain of Sheick. In the spirit of Greek thinkers like Aristotles and Socrates. But on the other hand running a Beach Hotel in Muqdisho or Marka sounds also great.

Alpha Blondy;792102 wrote:
mine has to be a 'riddims' producer in jamaica or be the president of somaliland(like every somali man lol, yet mine will be consolidated by my divine destiny)! neither is likely so i'll settle for what i've got and work to better myself and be a 'careerist'.

Being your boss....now go and fetch shaax.

nuune   

*Blessed;792844 wrote:
In two years and 7 months, InshaAllah. I'm taking myself off the job market and onto the entrepreneurial ladder.

Adoo Dubey joogo waxaanba is lahaa waa horaad kortey that entrepreneurial ladder ood hadana ka dagtey kolkaad kuus yaroo kiisan aad kiishka ku ridatey.

Alpha Blondy, I know what you are saying bro, you remind me that divine thing, I am actually the deputy head of a governor for some of our neighbors now(into my 4th month now), well not earthly people, it is not that fun with no body guards, though I don't get paid for it, but rather got great gift from the first head of the governor!

I'm doing what I dreamt about doing when I was a pre-teen. In many ways I'm doing my "dream job", but the sad thing is, you get too busy to stop and appreciate it. You want more ("ok if I get to THIS point THEN it really is a dream come true" - only the line gets moved further and further each time). The glitter, unicorns and rainbows fade away and the "dream" becomes an everyday reality that only excites others. "Dream job" becomes like picking up your mail. The only difference is, you become so involved with your work that little else interests you, and you risk alienating your oldest friends and even some of your family members. Which isn't very healthy for relationships...

Chimera   

I don't have a dream job, the whole concept of specializing in one specific occupation is a big turn-off, since I'm clearly not an insect. My ambitions are multi-dimensional and diverse. That is the only way I can release my fountain of creativity.

5;793040 wrote:
I'm doing what I dreamt about doing when I was a pre-teen. In many ways I'm doing my "dream job", but the sad thing is, you get too busy to stop and appreciate it. You want more ("ok if I get to THIS point THEN it really is a dream come true" - only the line gets moved further and further each time). The glitter, unicorns and rainbows fade away and the "dream" becomes an everyday reality that only excites others. "Dream job" becomes like picking up your mail. The only difference is, you become so involved with your work that little else interests you, and you risk alienating your oldest friends and even some of your family members. Which isn't very healthy for relationships...

yh! i know what you mean. even all the benefits i currently enjoy, which a year ago seemed like luxuries do not give me fulfillment. maybe dreaming of greener pastures is the only way.

Naxar Nugaaleed;793119 wrote:
United nations Office Of the high commissioner for human rights or a profs. of humanities in some small liberal arts school somewhere in new England or the Atlantic coast lol

lol@NN,

Realistic?

Blessed   

nuune;792899 wrote:
Adoo Dubey joogo waxaanba is lahaa waa horaad kortey that entrepreneurial ladder ood hadana ka dagtey kolkaad kuus yaroo kiisan aad kiishka ku ridatey.

Haha. Nuuneow, hawlo kale ayaan ku jiray oo ay ka mid tahay in aan Jumeirah Beach ku nasto, ilayn nasashadu waa muhiim e. :D Entrepreneurship xirfad iyo waayo arag badan ayay u baahantahay, markaa kuma dagdagayo. Inkastoo waxa shaqo la dhaho aan ka soo taagnahay hada, waxaan u baahanahay in aan in yaroo networking iyo baadhitaan ku saabsan hab dhismeedka organisationks sameeyo. Runtii, lacag doon maihi, sectorkaan ku jirana mid kiishash laga buuxsadoba maaha, laakin reward taa ka qiimo badan ayaan rajaynaaa. I'A

Cambuulo iyo bun;793076 wrote:
my dream job is to be a professor in Muqdisho university teaching Supply Chain Management

I hope to start my PhD in SCM in 9 years time, inshallah. Do you already teach the subject?

nuune   

*Blessed;795175 wrote:
Haha. Nuuneow, hawlo kale ayaan ku jiray oo ay ka mid tahay in aan Jumeirah Beach ku nasto, ilayn nasashadu waa muhiim e.
:D
Entrepreneurship xirfad iyo waayo arag badan ayay u baahantahay, markaa kuma dagdagayo. Inkastoo waxa shaqo la dhaho aan ka soo taagnahay hada, waxaan u baahanahay in aan in yaroo networking iyo baadhitaan ku saabsan hab dhismeedka organisationks sameeyo. Runtii, lacag doon maihi, sectorkaan ku jirana mid kiishash laga buuxsadoba maaha, laakin reward taa ka qiimo badan ayaan rajaynaaa. I'A

lol Jumeirah beaach, in kugu filan waad ku nasatey baan filayaa, I will have to say there are so many opportunities back home, the problem is, only when you live there ayaad fahmi kartaa fursadaha yaalo waddankii, holiday gaaban week iyo laba week intaan u tagno waxba kuma bilaabi karno ama laguma aas-aasi karo, saldhig waa in laga dhigtaa waddankii oo salka dhulka la dhigaa, that is what I am doing now myself.

adigu wasiirad inooga noqo waddankii, in dat case, you helping the people, and xoogoowna jeebadaad ku aruursan.