Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

What language do you use when you're thinking?

nuune   

^^ Thanks Malika, rafiki yangu, hakuna matata soo ma aheyn, maxaa tiri Swahili aa ku duceesataa, maxaad dhahaa, Mungu Mungu, cajjiib, you do realize the more languages you use in thinking, the more energy kaa baxo, and in energy, I mean real energy oo kaa qulqulo, plus time wasting

Aaliyyah   

I always think in English - although I speak three other languages and its the fourth language I was exposed to as a teenager. I guess spending half of my life here made that happen.

I believe my somali is what keeps me strong!! I do have problems writing it....but i do speak and understand it. Lately, i have opened a store in la.today, i had my first somali customers!! 2 tids came in, first thing they said was, ar kan yamani waaye!!

I said, habarta.....! just kidding. I correct them & told that I was Somali all the way!! Next q's...u know what it was? I just said, i dont like to talk about that crap. they wanned computer services, they ask me if they can bring the money when picking up their laptop! I told them no, they gotta pay now or get the hell outta of Dodge city!! lol...but in nice way.

I told them to come back when they got the money!! lol........i charge them lil extra cuz i know that even when we fix their shyte, they gonna complain more!! I told them to upgrade their laptops to win7 for $250 per machine. Their systems were running Vista.

I dont fool around with TDs!! Their brains dont work.

Sensei   

Malika-

Do not mean to be facetious but that is the only time I do without language.

Ahmed Diidaat once once asked of his native language, answered(paraphrased) : Not sure, but I dream and curse in English. In my case, I guess, I dream in English/Somali and curse in Urdu.

Coofle   

you think in the language that you have most vocabulary ......

in my professional career....i think in English

In Religion....I think in Arabic

In my daily Issues.....I think in somali

it is dependent on vocabulary....

Malika;791556 wrote:
^Welcome back.

English most of the time - when making dua, my Swahili and some Somali kicks in.

Mungu Yu mwema!- the Best Muxaadaros are the swahili ones. OMG, there DUAs are just that much more deep. ....Ewe Mola wangu, ambaye sifa za kukusifu za wenye kukusifu haziwezi kutajika....

Oh to answer the question: It is English-Swahili-then Somali...sometimes in reversalble order depending on the place.