Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

BOB   

raula;803037 wrote:
^^^balo ma kus kuska yar yar baa..lol. I dont think Sunset exists..but Maadey & MMA etc can tell you. The place has changed BOB..adaaba lagu iibsan markaad tagtid meesha. Iska jir.

balo ma kus kuska yar yar baa? Luga gani hi tena na ana tokeya wapi? :D :D I loved Eastleigh the way it was then and maybe that's why I don't miss it at all as everything I knew and loved about Eastleigh is gone.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Macallinka;803114 wrote:
BOB,

I can confirm that SunSet doesn't exist anymore . That Muhindi young with his little chicken and chips shop is overtaken by Walendos as you call it lol

I was parked outside the 3rd str mosque the other night and started reminiscing old times........In fact Islii has shifted towards Pumpani and 12 Str .....That is the town centre right now.

About St. Tersa Church,

Used to go there to play Basketball and video games around 97 . Also they used to offer English classes , so i guess that is when u left .

Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Eastleigh was amazing then and it was nothing but fun living there and yes I left in May 96 and haven’t been back since.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Maaddeey   

Macallinka;803114 wrote:

Maadeey,

The only mosque you showed in your thread is meesha Hassan Hebel oo dadku ku gaaleeyo looool I knew you will go there.

Xataa wuxuu gaaleeey Umul & Shibili let alone dadka kale. I think he works for CIA coz every time he does a controversial talk, CID parks outside the mosque and arrests the audience but not
HIM
. Perhaps you can ask him why he is not arrested like others ?

Waxaas ha la soo shir tegin sxb, haddaad thread-kan oo hortaada yaallo aad sidan uga beensheegeysid, Sh. Xassaan & Shabaab oodan weligaa arkin inaad ka been sheegto ma kugula yaabaayo! see the below:

Maaddeey;794105 wrote:
photo0879r.jpg

This is
Al Hidaaya masjid
, try to pray in it to avoid the overcrowded Sixth st. Masjid AKA: Abubakar al Siddik, and enjoy the smooth talking, funny and
knowledgeable Sheikh Shible.
Looking forward to his Khutbah
later on today.

tutu   

Faarax-Brawn;800485 wrote:
You are very well versed with Nairobi. Lavington is indeed a bit far from Eastleigh....But one can get there quite fast as well...of course depending on the route...i personally came from eastleigh thru westlands, karibu na Parklands, then cross Waiyaki way (via musuem hill i think) dash past aboretum drive and head straight thru kileleshwa police/primary school, and Bam! i was right in Lavington. ama?- but its been like ages since i was in Nairobi.

You reminded me of good old days! Eh aboretum, haven't heard that name for so long. True, you get to Lavington through Kileleshwa and Aboretum drive gets you through Kile, pass the police station. There is a short cut though before u reach the police station. You take first exit on the rounda before the police. Mind you, youonly pass through Aboretum if you come from city centre, pass Nairobi university and this road connects to Kileleshwa's main road (at the petrol station), it's here that River side drive meets Aboretum drive (exactly at the petrol station junction). So for people coming from Westie, they need to use River side drive or else they've to pass to the end of Waiyaki Way and join Uhuru Highway and then swerve to Aboretum Road by the main roundabout at UH (Third exit swerves to Aboretum). But this is a long way.

I even remember from Eastleigh, I used to pass through pangani, then vichorochoro za Ngara and join Waiyaki way at the Museum Hill. Drive towards Westie and then cut off to Riverside drive and there I was in Kile.

tutu;803444 wrote:
You reminded me of good old days! Eh aboretum, haven't heard that name for so long. True, you get to Lavington through Kileleshwa and Aboretum drive gets you through Kile, pass the police station. There is a short cut though before u reach the police station. You take first exit on the rounda before the police. Mind you, youonly pass through Aboretum if you come from city centre, pass Nairobi university and this road connects to Kileleshwa's main road (at the petrol station), it's here that River side drive meets Aboretum drive (exactly at the petrol station junction). So for people coming from Westie, they need to use River side drive or else they've to pass to the end of Waiyaki Way and join Uhuru Highway and then swerve to Aboretum Road by the main roundabout at UH (Third exit swerves to Aboretum). But this is a long way.

I even remember from Eastleigh, I used to pass through pangani, then vichorochoro za Ngara and join Waiyaki way at the Museum Hill. Drive towards Westie and then cut off to Riverside drive and there I was in Kile.

Like i said, you are quite well versed with Nai....I cant say the same. L0L. Nairobi is fun. If only they could handle the Jams and congestion situation.

Maaddeey;803436 wrote:
photo1043.jpg

photo1044z.jpg

Jamia Mosque

Is this the one in Downtown? There must have been some expansion/additions to it, back then it looked lot smaller than this. Downtown Nairobi is quite neat and pretty. Easleigh may jidadka gododka ah ka dhisaan!!

tutu   

photo1043.jpg

Always prayed jimca here. Loved the atmosphere after the prayers. Meeting freinds at the front. Parking used to be a hustle though.

Maadeey,

Al- shabaab iyo Hassan hebal inay dad gaaleeyaan ma ayadaa u baahantahay in laraadiyo AMA laga beenshhego . It's every where dude ayakoo leh dhiiga muslimku waa xalaal.

tutu   

Maadey, how's eastleigh security wise? Are the police harassing somalis after qaraxyadi daraato. I know they always turn to the innocent population whenever something happens. Siiba somalida fursad ey ku qashqashaadaan ayey la'yihiin.